Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 32

24 minutes ago, Titandad71 said:

just some context here, in the Hart era, the team that ended GS season has either been the state champ or runner up 5 of 7 years.

2012  Chatard(champion)

2013 Brebuf(runner up)

*2014 Heritage hills(lost to tri west in semi state)

2015 Chatard(champion)

*2016 Memorial(lost to Browstown in regional)

2017 Memorial(champion)

2018 Memorial(runner up)

2019 Heritage Hills(???)

Im not swearing this is correct, coreect me if wrong.

Looks right to me...I think Tri West won it all in 2014 too

for Gibson Southern since Hart took over...there have been 84 wins and 15 losses

5 losses now to Heritage Hills (the most)

3 losses to Memorial

2 losses to Chatard.

Thats 11/15...not so bad but the message is clear....GIbson Southern continues to have the horses to win it all, they just seem to fall short when facing the historic 3A powerhouses.  

ohhhh maybe next year lol. I hope so. Got plenty of good Kids in the ranks. Have a lot of holes to fill too. This current Junior class will need to step up more knowing about 70-75% of the team will graduate.  I’m sure they will be busting tail in this offseason with the underclassmen. 

The game last night was one of the best I’ve seen in my life! GS was nearly flawless and HH looked stunned after a couple of plays that didn’t go their way.  But resilience and grit by the Pats in the end pulled out the W!!

Hats off to GS.  Another great season. Spoke with one of my very good friends, who is a Titan, last night after the game and told him neither team needed to go home after last night!!  It’s a shame matchups like that happen this early in the playoffs!! 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

for Gibson Southern since Hart took over...there have been 84 wins and 15 losses

5 losses now to Heritage Hills (the most)

3 losses to Memorial

2 losses to Chatard.

Thats 11/15...not so bad but the message is clear....GIbson Southern continues to have the horses to win it all, they just seem to fall short when facing the historic 3A powerhouses.  

ohhhh maybe next year lol. I hope so. Got plenty of good Kids in the ranks. Have a lot of holes to fill too. This current Junior class will need to step up more knowing about 70-75% of the team will graduate.  I’m sure they will be busting tail in this offseason with the underclassmen. 

Not as many holes as we have to fill , We lose 11 starters on offense and 10 on defense . Also rumor is Offensive Coordinator Stan Jochim who is in his 37th season coaching at HH and Defensive Coordinator Chris Sigler who is in his 31st season coaching at Heritage Hills will both resign after this season. 

2 minutes ago, DaveMosbey said:

Not as many holes as we have to fill , We lose 11 starters on offense and 10 on defense . Also rumor is Offensive Coordinator Stan Jochim who is in his 37th season coaching at HH and Defensive Coordinator Chris Sigler who is in his 31st season coaching at Heritage Hills will both resign after this season. 

Just Chris is done!!! Coach Joachim is a lifer!! No chance he’s done yet

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Oh wow...I didn’t know it was that many guys for HH. That’s absolutely insane.

well I wish you guys the best and for you guys to send this class out on top.  

The 2 teams that were able to beat Gibson Southern twice in the Wilkerson era  2014 and 2019 have 1 thing in common, Loaded with Seniors the one difference 2014 had a Junior named Kenton Crews.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DaveMosbey said:

The 2 teams that were able to beat Gibson Southern twice in the Wilkerson era  2014 and 2019 have 1 thing in common, Loaded with Seniors the one difference 2014 had a Junior named Kenton Crews.  

Was Crews now it was sigler.  After the first game a lot of GS fans were like wow. He reminds me of Crews...and for good reason lol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Ball is dead on any kick in high school the moment it crosses the goal line. It would be a touch back. GS ball on their 20 if there was time left. 

Watched the posted video & it looks like a GS player (kicking team) touched the ball around the 1, knocked it into the endzone & then recovered it.

By rule-- If the ball crosses the line of scrimmage & is touched by kicking team first, it is a dead ball & HH (defense) gets ball on 20 like a touchback. Doesn't matter whether ball was touched at 1 or in endzone.

All that said, there was a HH player in the mix trying to jump on the ball but I don't think he touched the ball first. GS coach was probably lobbying for that.

1 hour ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Yes. Defense's ball on the 20. If there was time left... If the ball was knocked into the endzone by the defense and then recovered by the offense (Gibson), I believe it would be a TD. There may have to be a change of possession and fumble though. Will defer to @Bobref

Any kick that breaks the plane of the goal line is a touchback. Doesn’t matter who touched it or where. No exceptions. And a kick remains a kick until it is possessed or becomes dead by rule, e.g., out of bounds. Saw the video. Correctly ruled a touchback. 

• Thanks 2

SLIGHT CORRECTION-- I watched video a few more times & now I think that the ball barely crossed the goal line just before it was touched. In that case, the ball is dead/touchback as soon as it crossed the goal line. So it doesn't matter who touched it first or who recovered it.

Ref was right there to make the call with touchback signal. 

11 minutes ago, slice60 said:

Watched the posted video & it looks like a GS player (kicking team) touched the ball around the 1, knocked it into the endzone & then recovered it.

By rule-- If the ball crosses the line of scrimmage & is touched by kicking team first, it is a dead ball & HH (defense) gets ball on 20 like a touchback. Doesn't matter whether ball was touched at 1 or in endzone.

All that said, there was a HH player in the mix trying to jump on the ball but I don't think he touched the ball first. GS coach was probably lobbying for that.

No. If the kickers are first to touch a kick beyond the neutral zone, that is referred to as “first touching.” This gives the receiving team the right to take the ball at that spot after the play is over ... unless a bunch of other things happen that didn’t happen here. But the ball remains alive after first touching.

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Bobref said:

No. If the kickers are first to touch a kick beyond the neutral zone, that is referred to as “first touching.” This gives the receiving team the right to take the ball at that spot after the play is over ... unless a bunch of other things happen that didn’t happen here. But the ball remains alive after first touching.

Thanks for clarification. So when the ball crosses the line of scrimmage, it's like a punt, right? If Kicking team touches it first but doesn't down it, then it's a live ball & the Receiving team can advance the ball. But the main takeaway is that the Receiving team will get ossession. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Patriot 74 said:

It’s a shame matchups like that happen this early in the playoffs!! 

Princeton is playing for a sectional championship while Gibson is putting up equipment? 
That fact alone is enough proof to tell me the current postseason format is ridiculous.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

This scenario happens every year in Indiana. Good teams get put out early in the tournament and bad teams with a better draw advance further. At the end of November the great teams are always your state champions no matter if they had a hard first or second round opponent. Yes it sucks that good teams meet in the second round but that is just a fact of life with Indiana High School football. Great season by the Titian once again and they have nothing to be ashamed of. Next week should be another great game in sectional 32. I can’t wait.

5 hours ago, Patriot 74 said:

Just Chris is done!!! Coach Joachim is a lifer!! No chance he’s done yet

My understanding is that Chris is indeed done.  Coach Jochim told Todd he would let him know a year before he would hang it up, my understanding is that Jochim has NOT put Todd on notice.  So Chris out, Jochim stays.  I guess we will know after the season is over....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Titandad71 said:

just some context here, in the Hart era, the team that ended GS season has either been the state champ or runner up 5 of 7 years.

2012  Chatard(champion)

2013 Brebuf(runner up)

*2014 Heritage hills(lost to tri west in semi state)

2015 Chatard(champion)

*2016 Memorial(lost to Browstown in regional)

2017 Memorial(champion)

2018 Memorial(runner up)

2019 Heritage Hills(???)

Im not swearing this is correct, coreect me if wrong.

I think it is correct which probably is a big reason GS is 6-6 in November under Hart. Took extremely talented teams to knock Titans out. 

On 11/2/2019 at 11:25 AM, DumfriesYMCA said:

Correct.   Tri West won in a route over Andrean 49-27 for the championship.  HH lost to TW 14-6 in semi-state.  

I still can't believe that game on Friday night.  Hats off to both teams for a game fans will likely never forget.  HH could have easily rolled over as things weren't going their way, especially late, but they stuck it out kept battling.  WOW!  

The Patriots turned the page and were back at it early on Saturday morning.  Southridge will be another tough battle!  Glad to be back in the The Jungle for this one!  GO PATRIOTS!

Edited by HereComesTheBoom
  • Like 2

On 11/2/2019 at 10:37 AM, DaveMosbey said:

Looking at the rosters from both teams the other night from a standpoint of not having a dog in the fight, GS played several underclassmen and except for special teams HH may have played one underclassmen and just about everyone played both ways. My comment is not to say either way us the right way to do it because both teams have had sucess but going forward into the NEW PAC how did HH’s other levels do this year against GS since those two teams will probably be fighting for the title every year. Once again a very fun game for this SIAC fan to watch. Also didnt realize that HH and GS going into that game had scored the same amount of points.

15 minutes ago, reitzguy said:

Looking at the rosters from both teams the other night from a standpoint of not having a dog in the fight, GS played several underclassmen and except for special teams HH may have played one underclassmen and just about everyone played both ways. My comment is not to say either way us the right way to do it because both teams have had sucess but going forward into the NEW PAC how did HH’s other levels do this year against GS since those two teams will probably be fighting for the title every year. Once again a very fun game for this SIAC fan to watch. Also didnt realize that HH and GS going into that game had scored the same amount of points.

HH starts two underclassmen on D and none on offense.  They had several young players that were playing varsity roles that have had season ending injuries, or sidelined them for weeks.  This year's team is senior heavy, which is not a terrible thing.  It is what it is.  

JV 5-2  losses to GS and Jasper

Frosh 5-3  loses to MD, GS, Tec.

The cupboard is definitely not bare for the Patriots.  But every now and again you have a team come along like this one that has very talented seniors that start,  and player major minutes, with young guys playing lesser roles!!