Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 32

18 minutes ago, Patriot 74 said:

HH starts two underclassmen on D and none on offense.  They had several young players that were playing varsity roles that have had season ending injuries, or sidelined them for weeks.  This year's team is senior heavy, which is not a terrible thing.  It is what it is.  

JV 5-2  losses to GS and Jasper

Frosh 5-3  loses to MD, GS, Tec.

The cupboard is definitely not bare for the Patriots.  But every now and again you have a team come along like this one that has very talented seniors that start,  and player major minutes, with young guys playing lesser roles!!

Just an observation it looked like other than #15 HH players reslly looke worn out. Was that because of the fact they havnt played four quarters in some time or due to the pace GS offense trys to set. Just asking, you know the team better. Compared to what I heard about the first meeting I was really impressed with the GS defense. Also noticed two started get helped off the field for HH, will they be back.

6 minutes ago, reitzguy said:

Just an observation it looked like other than #15 HH players reslly looke worn out. Was that because of the fact they havnt played four quarters in some time or due to the pace GS offense trys to set. Just asking, you know the team better. Compared to what I heard about the first meeting I was really impressed with the GS defense. Also noticed two started get helped off the field for HH, will they be back.

The line did look exhausted when they blocked that game winning FG. I can assure you that conditioning has never been a problem for HH. Even in their best years, 7-11 players played two ways, and Zionsville, Roncalli, Chatard, and others never wore them down. I doubt you'll see it now. 

15 minutes ago, reitzguy said:

They probably were tired, but not wore down.  Yes they have played 4 quarters of football this year.  The big stat is this GS ran 70 offensive plays.   That in and of itself led to some tired kids.  HH likes to control the clock and the tempo with it's offense, this then leads to HH staying relatively fresh throughout the game.  I can assure that #3, #15, #23, #25 hell all of them for that matter could've and would've played a 5th quarter if need be.  

Gibson did play better defensively!!  I will give credit where credit is due, they were committed to being much more physical in the re-match.  Desperation, psyche, confidence and momentum, especially in high school athletes, can quickly change a game.  I would be willing to bet anything had a couple of things (calls) been different in the 1st half, and not given GS that confidence and momentum, things may have been a little different. 

All in all it was one of the best games I have ever witnessed, with a season on the line, played by both teams.   As I stated in an earlier post, it's a shame anyone had to lose.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

The line did look exhausted when they blocked that game winning FG. I can assure you that conditioning has never been a problem for HH. Even in their best years, 7-11 players played two ways, and Zionsville, Roncalli, Chatard, and others never wore them down. I doubt you'll see it now. 

I only seen one guy block the kick. You can say they wernt wore out but watching GS take that last drive down the field the majority if that defense was exhusted. With that said I think Hart made the wrong decision even if the kick would have been good. We will never know but with 7 yards to go and two downs and one timeout GS would have been better off going for the TD than putting it up to a high school kicker. I know the score is the only stat that matters but in this case the game stats showed that GS offense pushed HH around all over the field after the first quarter, thats why I think you go for the TD. I give HH a lot if credit, they won a game they probably shouldnt have. Probably the toughest team the will meet till State.

• Kill me now 1

Wonder where Reitzguy played but now coaches?  

great game by two tough teams. Give credit to GS for correcting mistakes from game 1 and give tons of credit to HH for finding a way.  Friday should be another great battle. 

Edited by Screagle
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Wonder where Reitzguy played but now coaches?  

great game by two tough teams. Give credit to GS for correcting mistakes from game 1 and give tons of credit to HH for finding a way.  Friday should be another great battle. 

I coach at the same place everyone else on here coaches at I also played at Reitz and proud if it. I do believe in my posts that I did guve both teams alot of credit especially HH. I just made some opinions on what I observed watching the game as an impartial fan. Not one place did I say that the team that won should not have. 

14 minutes ago, reitzguy said:

I coach at the same place everyone else on here coaches at I also played at Reitz and proud if it. I do believe in my posts that I did guve both teams alot of credit especially HH. I just made some opinions on what I observed watching the game as an impartial fan. Not one place did I say that the team that won should not have

No, you actually did say that...

1 hour ago, reitzguy said:

I only seen one guy block the kick. You can say they wernt wore out but watching GS take that last drive down the field the majority if that defense was exhusted. With that said I think Hart made the wrong decision even if the kick would have been good. We will never know but with 7 yards to go and two downs and one timeout GS would have been better off going for the TD than putting it up to a high school kicker. I know the score is the only stat that matters but in this case the game stats showed that GS offense pushed HH around all over the field after the first quarter, thats why I think you go for the TD. I give HH a lot if credit, they won a game they probably shouldnt have. Probably the toughest team the will meet till State.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, reitzguy said:

".......watching GS take the last drive down the field....."  Okay I am not trying to be nit pick here but let's talk football common sense for a minute and what actually happened..  HH up one with under two minutes to go in the game, GS only has one time out and 77 yards to go, I am fairly certain the HH coaches were confident in letting GS complete short passes underneath while eating the clock (ask Southridge week 9)......and if they run the ball great!!! GS decides to run, GREAT, fumbled the ball AGAIN (even better), and it was decided after deliberation by the officials, AGAIN, to give the ball back to GS AGAIN ( YES this happened more than once in the same game, there is video evidence to prove) drive continues.  GS throws the ball, HH defender makes a nice play, PI called (whatever, high school officials) drive continues.  So the fact the GS even had the opportunity to decide to go for a TD or FG was practically delivered on a silver platter.  SHOULD HAVE NEVER GOTTEN THAT FAR.  My two cents!!

Yes you must give HH players credit for their moxy, the grit, their never quit attitude BECAUSE when all things were stacked against them, they all still made plays one at a time!!

23 minutes ago, reitzguy said:

I coach at the same place everyone else on here coaches at I also played at Reitz and proud if it. I do believe in my posts that I did guve both teams alot of credit especially HH. I just made some opinions on what I observed watching the game as an impartial fan. Not one place did I say that the team that won should not have. 

Wait what??????  

10 minutes ago, Patriot 74 said:

".......watching GS take the last drive down the field....."  Okay I am not trying to be nit pick here but let's talk football common sense for a minute and what actually happened..  HH up one with under two minutes to go in the game, GS only has one time out and 77 yards to go, I am fairly certain the HH coaches were confident in letting GS complete short passes underneath while eating the clock (ask Southridge week 9)......and if they run the ball great!!! GS decides to run, GREAT, fumbled the ball AGAIN (even better), and it was decided after deliberation by the officials, AGAIN, to give the ball back to GS AGAIN ( YES this happened more than once in the same game, there is video evidence to prove) drive continues.  GS throws the ball, HH defender makes a nice play, PI called (whatever, high school officials) drive continues.  So the fact the GS even had the opportunity to decide to go for a TD or FG was practically delivered on a silver platter.  SHOULD HAVE NEVER GOTTEN THAT FAR.  My two cents!!

Yes you must give HH players credit for their moxy, the grit, their never quit attitude BECAUSE when all things were stacked against them, they all still made plays one at a time!!

Your point about the Southridge game jyst makes my point. With an offense as potent as GS and was able to pull it out with a TD why wouldnt you go for the TD. Guarentee the odds would have been better than the FG attempt from that angle. All you gave were the missed calls against HH. There was a PI called against GS on a third and long on a poorly underthrown ball that was terrible. The long run that #15 nade down the sidelines where the outside receiver tackled the GS corner. I was not trying to get an argument started I was just try to put out there what I observed the other night from watching two teams I have not seen play each other before.

12 minutes ago, reitzguy said:

Your point about the Southridge game jyst makes my point. With an offense as potent as GS and was able to pull it out with a TD why wouldnt you go for the TD. Guarentee the odds would have been better than the FG attempt from that angle. All you gave were the missed calls against HH. There was a PI called against GS on a third and long on a poorly underthrown ball that was terrible. The long run that #15 nade down the sidelines where the outside receiver tackled the GS corner. I was not trying to get an argument started I was just try to put out there what I observed the other night from watching two teams I have not seen play each other before.

Proves your point??????  Crickets sounds now???  GS ball on the 18 yard line, 82 yards to go and it's 4th and 10.....oh by the way there are less than 18 seconds left IN THE GAME.  Here's a brilliant idea, let's played man coverage with on single high safety, send a little pressure and win the game..........OH WAIT Allen escaped pressure, the safety killed his own CB and POOF GS scores a potential tying TD.  But Hart has the ba!!s to go for two, and.......we all know the ending.  EXACTLY what HH was not willing to do.

And sir please don't act like I was ONLY blaming the calls.  I stated that I am sure HH was content to play soft, with deep coverage (unlike SR) But since you are so astute to what transpired Friday night......the fumbles......yeah those are calls that were blown and directly affected the game.

AND if your talking about a GS defender being tackled on a run by #15.....a defender throwing his hands in the air, acting like he is being mauled, and falling over does not equate to anything more than very bad acting.

Yea your observation.....HH was tired.....HH plays too many seniors which will hurt the program......HH only had one guy block the field goal (I didn't know it took two, maybe it does where you coach).....I blame official (have for years).....you can't believe Hart didn't go for the TD because he should've known better.......blah blah blah

Edited by Patriot 74
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

So where exactly does everyone on here coach at? I'm so confused...

I took it to mean he coaches where everyone else does... from the stands.  

I could be wrong though.  Haven't had my Monday mistake yet, but it's still early! LOL 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Patriot 74 said:

Proves your point??????  Crickets sounds now???  GS ball on the 18 yard line, 82 yards to go and it's 4th and 10.....oh by the way there are less than 18 seconds left IN THE GAME.  Here's a brilliant idea, let's played man coverage with on single high safety, send a little pressure and win the game..........OH WAIT Allen escaped pressure, the safety killed his own CB and POOF GS scores a potential tying TD.  But Hart has the ba!!s to go for two, and.......we all know the ending.  EXACTLY what HH was not willing to do.

And sir please don't act like I was ONLY blaming the calls.  I stated that I am sure HH was content to play soft, with deep coverage (unlike SR) But since you are so astute to what transpired Friday night......the fumbles......yeah those are calls that were blown and directly affected the game.

AND if your talking about a GS defender being tackled on a run by #15.....a defender throwing his hands in the air, acting like he is being mauled, and falling over does not equate to anything more than very bad acting.

Yea your observation.....HH was tired.....HH plays too many seniors which will hurt the program......HH only had one guy block the field goal (I didn't know it took two, maybe it does where you coach).....I blame official (have for years).....you can't believe Hart didn't go for the TD because he should've known better.......blah blah blah

Show me where I said that HH plays to many seniors. All I basically said is that I noticed they dont sub much. Had not seen them play do I was not aware they were that senior dominate. I will say it now you take # 15 off the field and HH is not an 11-0 team. I was trying to give you guys credit for winning and you wont let me for some reason.. i didnt realize giving credit to a team for winning a hard fought game would cause you to go off  

37 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Reitzguy, u came on here to tell HH they looked gas, and probably shouldn’t have won?  And u coach at GS? 

Quite wrong. Played at Reitz High School for Coach Gaddis. Snd I am not a coachWhere did I say they should not have won.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, reitzguy said:

Quite wrong. Played at Reitz High School for Coach Gaddis. Snd I am not a coachWhere did I say they should not have won.

Right here... I already showed you that.

3 hours ago, reitzguy said:

Lets face it, there were a lot of should of, could of,  would of's in that game. On both sides. HH earned their victory. 

On a side note to Southridge. If you are ahead by a score and have to punt the ball late in the game, Punt it out of bounds...lol 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

12 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

Why is that a wrong statement. That is no different than the game GS won at Southridge. Being two scores down with less than half a quarter left and win. Probably won a game they should not have won. You cant tell me if your team is in that situation you wouldnt be thinking the same thing. Before the game I picked HH to win. If you would have asked me with six min left I would think just the oppisite.

2 hours ago, reitzguy said:

Show me where I said that HH plays to many seniors. All I basically said is that I noticed they dont sub much. Had not seen them play do I was not aware they were that senior dominate. I will say it now you take # 15 off the field and HH is not an 11-0 team. I was trying to give you guys credit for winning and you wont let me for some reason.. i didnt realize giving credit to a team for winning a hard fought game would cause you to go off  

I didn’t know a backhanded compliment should be accepted and appreciated!!  And correct if #15 doesn’t play this year we are probably 10-1 eons better than the 2019 version of Panther football MIC DROP!!!

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, reitzguy said:

Thank God these game are played out on the field...GS is a really good team. All good teams aren’t perfect and these HS kids deal with enough adversity out on that field. If the boys looked tired in your version, then maybe they were, BUT they hung tough and won. They did exactly what they needed to do, rather than pray  GS misses, they knew they had to somehow get a block, which they did. Same boys played in this game that blitzed GS 49-14. GS looked tired in that game— in my opinion. BUT GS regrouped and had a great run. 

Credit GS by putting 8 guys in the box all night. But they did that the first game too. 

HH deserved to win... 11-0 for many reasons and being tired is not  one of them!

GS is a class program and as T32 mentioned in another post reply, we only make each better in games like this... SR - GS - And HH constantly push each other. In fact this years big 3 in the PAC could toe to toe with ANY team in the SIAC this year meaning Central, Memorial MD and Castle. Reitz, North, Bosse all would be ran off the field based on what “I” see.... I’m a grid Coach too in this cyber football field!!

• Like 4

Heritage Hills forced 2 punts in the final 6 minutes and the push of the line was major contributor in the blocked field goal so if they were tired it didn't affect the performance. 

As far as if number 15 wasn't on the team well all teams have players that if you lose its not the same team, You can say the same about number 13 for Gibson, In the 2 games against HH this season he had 323 of the Titans 471  rushing yards and scored 3 of their 5 touchdowns.

Number 13 did even better then that against us in sectional last season rushing for 213 yards and 99 receiving and 2 touchdowns. Not easy beating a good team twice especially when 2nd game is on the road but this team toughed it out and found a way to win the game, Everything they needed to do they did in the final 6 minutes. First needed defensive stops and forced 2 punts, Needed big returns on the punts and got em first by Feldpausch  and 2nd by Sigler, Needed to score after the returns and got a 25 yards TD run from Sigler and 18 yard td run from Wetzel taking away any chance for another Titan goal line stand and finally needed to block the kick, Shouldn't have needed to block the kick because watching the plays on video clips it looked like the fumble in the Titans 1st scoring drive and on the Titans final drive were both recovered by HH but those things happen in football and this senior dominated team fought threw it.

Titans are a great program and it stinks that 2 ranked teams play in 2nd round while a 1 win team that use to be in this sectional is playing for sectional title  because they were stuck in 1 of the weakest sectionals in state but it is what it is .