Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 13

Now it's onto the real season, the season where you're playing  hardware and rings.

Normally I would want Cathedral to play through and not be a bye team but this year they can really use the week off to get healthy.

The Plainfield at Decatur Central game leads off this sectional next Friday night and could be a very interesting match-up.

All I know is some touted Decatur Central as being a potential underdog in this bracket and they are working Plainfield right now up 35 in the first half in what most thought would be a competitive game...

Reason for pause Cathedral/New Pal supporters?

Edited by Guest

49 minutes ago, Temptation said:

All I know is some touted Decatur Central as being a potential underdog in this bracket and they are working Plainfield right now up 35 in the first half in what most thought would be a competitive game...

The only thing on Cathedral's mind right now is Terre Haute South.  Gotta win that one to get to Decatur Central.

43 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

The only thing on Cathedral's mind right now is Terre Haute South.  Gotta win that one to get to Decatur Central.

Sigh, here we go again.  That’s why I specified “supporters.”  Nothing said on this forum impacts the contest;  you know this right?

We, as fans, don’t have to commit to the “coach speak.”

18 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Sigh, here we go again.  That’s why I specified “supporters.”  Nothing said on this forum impacts the contest;  you know this right?

We, as fans, don’t have to commit to the “coach speak.”

I would suspect when and if it’s time, Cathedral and/or New Pal will have their full focus in Decatur Central.

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

I would suspect when and if it’s time, Cathedral and/or New Pal will have their full focus in Decatur Central.

“We’re just taking it one game at a time.”

9 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Decatur is a good football team. I guess when Decatur is penciled to play Cathedral, I’ll start to give it some thought...

“We just thank the lord for the opportunity to compete.”

On 10/25/2019 at 11:56 PM, Staxawax said:

DC beat a pretty good Plainfield team tonight. The Quakers are pretty much a running team so getting down early takes that ground game out of the equation.

It's the only time I've seen Plainfield this season, but they seemed to have trouble tackling.  Decatur Central is a legitimate threat in this sectional.

On 10/25/2019 at 8:02 PM, Temptation said:

I was not surprised by the result of the Plainfield/Decatur Central game. It was a DC home game and they play very well at home. These are 2 opponents that are very familiar with each other. I do think playing in the first round for Decatur Central was a positive in building momentum and more snaps to sharpen their Offense and Defense. I personally think Decatur Central should cruise past T.H. North this Friday with another home game. I also think having a week off benefits Cathedral in getting any players that might be dinged up healthy. A week 9 game against Center Grove is a tough game, the 1 week rest will likely do some good. T.H. South is the better of the 2 T.H. schools and the Braves will be no slouch.

I hope both Cathedral and Decatur Central win Friday night. Always fun to watch the Hawks and Irish play, makes for some great games. Best of luck to both teams. New Pal will have a tough game at Whiteland, but I expect they will come away with a victory (I'll say 2 TD win). The Franklin Seymour game should be good. Franklin is much improved and even though the Owls 4-5 they have been very competitive! I think Sectional 14 has turned out to be a very solid Sectional, but I think the Dragons will come out unscathed to Regional they are a very good football team.

9 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

I was not surprised by the result of the Plainfield/Decatur Central game. It was a DC home game and they play very well at home. These are 2 opponents that are very familiar with each other. I do think playing in the first round for Decatur Central was a positive in building momentum and more snaps to sharpen their Offense and Defense. I personally think Decatur Central should cruise past T.H. North this Friday with another home game. I also think having a week off benefits Cathedral in getting any players that might be dinged up healthy. A week 9 game against Center Grove is a tough game, the 1 week rest will likely do some good. T.H. South is the better of the 2 T.H. schools and the Braves will be no slouch.

I hope both Cathedral and Decatur Central win Friday night. Always fun to watch the Hawks and Irish play, makes for some great games. Best of luck to both teams. New Pal will have a tough game at Whiteland, but I expect they will come away with a victory (I'll say 2 TD win). The Franklin Seymour game should be good. Franklin is much improved and even though the Owls 4-5 they have been very competitive! I think Sectional 14 has turned out to be a very solid Sectional, but I think the Dragons will come out unscathed to Regional they are a very good football team.

New Pal will beat Whiteland by 4TD’s +... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Olympian06 said:

New Pal will beat Whiteland by 4TD’s +... 

Sagarin and Calpreps had New Palestine as a 21 point favorite. I went a little more generous at 2 TD's, it definitely could be a 4 TD victory for the Dragon's. I guess I went with 2 TD's because with Whiteland running the fly offense they can limit possessions by shortening the game. It was all just a guess.

18 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

It's the only time I've seen Plainfield this season, but they seemed to have trouble tackling.  Decatur Central is a legitimate threat in this sectional.

Does DC still run a mix of Midline and Spread, or are they all spread at this point? 

8 hours ago, MICFan34 said:

Does DC still run a mix of Midline and Spread, or are they all spread at this point? 

They pretty much ran a spread.  Plainfield really didn't give too much effort to stopping them, or so it seemed.  The Quakers have excellent team speed and that's always a big plus at the high school level.

10 hours ago, FridayNightLights said:

Don't think so, Cathedral by 21+

Well as an Irish fanboy, I hope you're correct.

1 hour ago, PHJIrish said:

They pretty much ran a spread.  Plainfield really didn't give too much effort to stopping them, or so it seemed.  The Quakers have excellent team speed and that's always a big plus at the high school level.

Well as an Irish fanboy, I hope you're correct.

We must have differing definitions of “excellent team speed.”  

34 minutes ago, Temptation said:

We must have differing definitions of “excellent team speed.”  

Heh.....well I have heard some here (with faltering success) define speed differentials as “city” speed which, I guess, infers “country” speed as well.

Let me suggest that in the case of Plainfield that they have “excellent “suburban” team speed”.  

Mileage may vary.

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Heh.....well I have heard some here (with faltering success) define speed differentials as “city” speed which, I guess, infers “country” speed as well.

Let me suggest that in the case of Plainfield that they have “excellent “suburban” team speed”.  

Mileage may vary.

I need to go change my underwear...