Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 13

2 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

Bundle up and be there tomorrow night.  The young men playing the game will appreciate your attendance.

I was tempted to go to this one instead of New Pal but I decided if I'm going to freeze to death, I might as well do it watching my team win a sectional. 

9 minutes ago, NorthIndysports said:

Cathedral isn't a "speed" team but I would still think you would want the best field possible. No doubt the Irish plan to pound the ball with their big O-line. 

It's my opinion that you are incorrect about Cathedral not being s "speed" team.  Maybe you should check with some of the Irish opponents and get their perspective on that.  Plenty of "speed" on both sides of the ball.

1 hour ago, PHJIrish said:

It's my opinion that you are incorrect about Cathedral not being s "speed" team.  Maybe you should check with some of the Irish opponents and get their perspective on that.  Plenty of "speed" on both sides of the ball.

Agreed! Might be one of the faster teams the Irish have had in the "team speed" category..

The Arlington field was in good shape and was a bit churned up at the end of the game.

Another disappointing Cathedral crowd tonight.  The weather was not that bad as there was no win.  The 8th week at Brebeuf Jesuit was much more uncomfortable than tonight.  Irish fans need to get out and watch these young men!

1 hour ago, PHJIrish said:

The Arlington field was in good shape and was a bit churned up at the end of the game.

Another disappointing Cathedral crowd tonight.  The weather was not that bad as there was no win.  The 8th week at Brebeuf Jesuit was much more uncomfortable than tonight.  Irish fans need to get out and watch these young men!

Unfortunately I think Cathedral takes these types of games for granted, and yes I’m part of the problem. I will say this, I think this NP-CHS game is the most anticipated game since CHS-Reitz round 3 in 2010. Hopefully it’s the same outcome, but NP is a very good team.

9 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

I was going to ask how you thought the field held up. I enjoy your observations.

10 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Unfortunately I think Cathedral takes these types of games for granted, and yes I’m part of the problem. I will say this, I think this NP-CHS game is the most anticipated game since CHS-Reitz round 3 in 2010. Hopefully it’s the same outcome, but NP is a very good team.

Believe me, this team takes nothing for granted!  They play hard every night, I know because I've seen every game.  They may not play well every night but the effort is never missing.  And I realize that New Pal is good, and playing at home.  The Irish have been in a lot of these games through the years, and they don't always turn out like we'd like them too, like 2009 Reitz Bowl.