Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 36

Eastbrook is the favorite but there’s a lot of solid teams in this one. Lapel and Alex have very talented QB’s and can score some points. Blackford is very well coached and can play ball control offense. Tipton is really young but talented. Eastern plays a weak schedule but they’ve done all they can do which is beat the teams in front of them. 

D61AB7B2-7E1F-4CA6-AFC1-F68B6C2D5A08.png

Tipton will dominate Frankton

I think Blackford/Eastbrook could be competitive for a half

Lapel/Eastern Greentown winner will be in the sectional final

Alex might have the talent, but is hurt by playing in the CiC,..They put up almost 70 on Elwood during the regular season, so no worries there.

Round Two - Can Tipton pull off the upset?  Am I dead wrong on Alexandria?  Chance Eastern's schedule is irrelevant and they'll handle Lapel easily?

Round 3...I assume it is Eastbrook from the top of the bracket...who do they prefer to play Lapel or Eastern Greentown?

Edited by irishuncle411
  • Like 1

Eastbrook is the favorite, but if our line plays like we did last week Tipton will dominate us. Excited to start some trash talk with @Fballfan15

Very interested to see how Eastern does against some quality opponents. 

Maybe Alexandria gets going, the Quarterback is a heck of a player.

If Eastbrook and Tipton win will that game be at Eastbrook? 

59 minutes ago, panther10 said:

Eastbrook is the favorite, but if our line plays like we did last week Tipton will dominate us. Excited to start some trash talk with @Fballfan15

Very interested to see how Eastern does against some quality opponents. 

Maybe Alexandria gets going, the Quarterback is a heck of a player.

If Eastbrook and Tipton win will that game be at Eastbrook? 

Haha there will be no trash talk from me. Now I do think this team is capable, but will need to play lights out to beat a team like Eastbrook. The schedule will definitely get us battle tested by that time. Cass, LCC, Western and Rensselaer are all very good teams. Even Heights is talented and has a ton of athletes. Twin Lakes is so well coached as well. I saw this team improve every week all season until last week. Playing Western who is absolutely monstrous in 40 degrees, sideways rain, and a crazy wind is extremely tough though. Looking forward to see how we respond against a very good and well coached Rensselaer team Friday.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fballfan15 said:

Haha there will be no trash talk from me. Now I do think this team is capable, but will need to play lights out to beat a team like Eastbrook. The schedule will definitely get us battle tested by that time. Cass, LCC, Western and Rensselaer are all very good teams. Even Heights is talented and has a ton of athletes. Twin Lakes is so well coached as well. I saw this team improve every week all season until last week. Playing Western who is absolutely monstrous in 40 degrees, sideways rain, and a crazy wind is extremely tough though. Looking forward to see how we respond against a very good and well coached Rensselaer team Friday.

Ohhh come on lol I think it will be a better game then what other people think. We have some really good athletes, its just our line on both sides of the ball have struggled a lot. I would say Eastbrook has been battle tested also, maybe not in conference other than Ole Miss but our 2 non conference opponents both have a chance for a really deep run in 4A. that Hoosier conference is brutal from top to bottom when the CIC has 2 good teams.   

• Like 1

Typically some Shotgun spread stuff over last few years.   Thing that I see is not the undefeated record, but the amount they have won by.   

https://www.hudl.com/team/v2/30350/Boys-Varsity-Football

Bummer no stats entered for Eastern 

https://www.maxpreps.com/games/10-11-2019/football-fall-19/eastern-vs-sheridan.htm?c=8pov1v3c2kqNuRKyoN0lSg#tab=videos&schoolid=20970bd5-be5d-4e41-a6cb-3024520d3eca

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, panther10 said:

Are they that good? have you seen them? i know you have to be decent to be undefeated, but their schedule is weak. I dont know anything about them.

On the Film I have seen the QB has a very good arm and they have 3 WR's that are all 6'3" and they all will go get the ball. QB and WR are all playmakers. I wouldn't be surprised if their post season goes well. Their Defense looks to me like they do not take plays off and all of them fight hard every snap to get to the ball. They have several big bodied young men. They look well caoched and their depth is deep considering almost everywhere its down. The atmosphere their is at an all time high since Joey Price, and Blake Donson.

Commenting on their schedule, I wouldnt say its WEAK but I will say its nothing like the Hoosier Conference. Just have to see how they Do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheWaterBoii said:

On the Film I have seen the QB has a very good arm and they have 3 WR's that are all 6'3" and they all will go get the ball. QB and WR are all playmakers. I wouldn't be surprised if their post season goes well. Their Defense looks to me like they do not take plays off and all of them fight hard every snap to get to the ball. They have several big bodied young men. They look well caoched and their depth is deep considering almost everywhere its down. The atmosphere their is at an all time high since Joey Price, and Blake Donson.

Commenting on their schedule, I wouldnt say its WEAK but I will say its nothing like the Hoosier Conference. Just have to see how they Do.

Their strength of schedule is 283rd out of 320. I would say that’s very weak. Now that doesn’t mean they aren’t a good team. They’ve beat everyone in front of them and pretty easily at that. I think people are a little hesitant on them because of how bad they got whipped by Cass last year after having a great regular season. They get a chance right off the bat to get a great win against a good Lapel team. Lapel will be by far the best team they have played so far.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fballfan15 said:

Their strength of schedule is 283rd out of 320. I would say that’s very weak. Now that doesn’t mean they aren’t a good team. They’ve beat everyone in front of them and pretty easily at that. I think people are a little hesitant on them because of how bad they got whipped by Cass last year after having a great regular season. They get a chance right off the bat to get a great win against a good Lapel team. Lapel will be by far the best team they have played so far.

Let me re-phrase what I said, Its not the weakest schedule. I got what you are saying about last year. I agree that Lapel will be the toughest team they have played. I just think its funny how people jump the gun on who is going to win the sectional when a team Like Eastern hasn't lost a game. They have also beat two teams that Eastbrook has beat in somewhat similar fashion. It just floors me, and with all that being said I wouldnt be suprised if they got beat by Lapel and I wouldn't be surprised if they won this sectional.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XStar said:

I'll wait to see it to before I believe it.  Went 8-1 last season then got blasted by Lewis Cass in sectionals by 50+.  

And it wasn't as close as the score indicated.  I haven't seen the comets this year but if they are similar to last year Eastbrook will have absolutely no problem with the Comets.

5 hours ago, panther10 said:

Are they that good? have you seen them? i know you have to be decent to be undefeated, but their schedule is weak. I dont know anything about them.

They're (Eastern) solid. Watched film from Ole Miss scrimmage.  I haven't seen Lapel play, but think neither will be able to hang with Eastbrook 4 quarters. Eastbrook is battle tested against a few really good teams and will roll through this sectional. 

4 hours ago, captainobvious said:

Let’s just be real here.  This is a two team sectional.  Eastbrook and Tipton.  Lapel and Eastern always look this way going into the tournament and they get throttled by good teams!  Sorry if this offends anyone.

Tipton?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 99RiverRat99 said:

They're (Eastern) solid. Watched film from Ole Miss scrimmage.  I haven't seen Lapel play, but think neither will be able to hang with Eastbrook 4 quarters. Eastbrook is battle tested against a few really good teams and will roll through this sectional. 

Tipton?

Just trying to be nice.  I think Eastbrook walks through this sectional.