Jump to content

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Fballfan15 said:

I said I “hope” he feels the same way but that I know better than that. Not sure what you aren’t comprehending.

Well I guess I’m curious why one of the most successful coaches in this state would think like me?  Maybe you just made one of the stupidest comments I’ve ever read on here.  Tipton is just not good enough to beat Eastbrook this year.  Sorry if that’s hard for you to handle and for you to hope that a coach of a great team is overlooking every team in this sectional is absurd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, captainobvious said:

Well I guess I’m curious why one of the most successful coaches in this state would think like me?  Maybe you just made one of the stupidest comments I’ve ever read on here.  Tipton is just not good enough to beat Eastbrook this year.  Sorry if that’s hard for you to handle and for you to hope that a coach of a great team is overlooking every team in this sectional is absurd.

He wouldn’t obviously! Which is what I said. And Tipton might not. Read my previous comments and you will see that I said Eastbrook is the clear favorite. Tipton is more than likely a year away but we will see. I do know one thing. Coach Tolle and staff will have them well prepared and ready to go. If that’s not good enough then tip your cap and get to work in the offseason. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only way to beat Eastbrook is major ball control and no mistakes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ways to beat Eastbrook:

1.  Control the line of scrimmage.  This is something you're either physically capable of doing or not.  Most aren't, at least not for an entire game.  If you can, it obviously goes a long way.

2.  Pass.  They have consistently struggled against strong passing attacks since I've followed them.

3.  Stay on your assignments and don't gamble and give up the big plays.  Make them take 5 yards a carry.  And yes, it's possible to have a 14 play drive for 70 yards but every additional play increases the likelihood that the drive gets messed up by a negative play, an empty down, a penalty, or a turnover.   Eastbrook can score on such a drive.  Their first-half touchdown at Marion this season was one of the best drives I've seen in a long time that didn't involve any "big" plays.  Just guts, execution, and consistency.  That said, no team can do that consistently.  And when Eastbrook gets off schedule on offense, they sometimes start to make mistakes and sometimes those mistakes compound.  It's what I saw in the first half at Blackford last week.

This is all easier said than done.  I have a tremendous amount of respect for Tipton.  For my money, they were the 2nd best team in 2A last season, just slightly ahead of Eastbrook and Scecina.  But they lost much from last year.  So did Eastbrook but I've been far more impressed with how Eastbrook has covered for their losses than I am Tipton so far.  Tipton is well coached and could pull an upset but I think it would require significant "help" from Eastbrook for it to happen this season.  But you never know.  It's not like playing Elwood.  Eastbrook plays a bad half/game against Tipton or even Blackford, they could find themselves going home and I'd say that's true for any 2A team this season playing another Top 25-30 type 2A team.  There's no dominant team out there that's just going to roll to a state title.  

For what little it's worth, I have Eastbrook winning sectional and regional in my bracket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enough about Eastbrook.  I think my Alexandria Tigers have a decent shot at playing in the sectional championship game.  Thoughts??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2019 at 4:10 PM, 99RiverRat99 said:

They're (Eastern) solid. Watched film from Ole Miss scrimmage.  I haven't seen Lapel play, but think neither will be able to hang with Eastbrook 4 quarters. Eastbrook is battle tested against a few really good teams and will roll through this sectional. 

Tipton?

Tipton's been just as battle tested as the Panthers, if not more so. This upcoming game this week against RC will tell a lot going into the tournament. I personally think saying they will "roll" through the sectional is a bit bold. If I remember correctly, last year Eastbrook thought they would "roll" through their sectional and another hoosier conference team gave them all they could handle in the Sectional Championship.

41 minutes ago, captainobvious said:

Enough about Eastbrook.  I think my Alexandria Tigers have a decent shot at playing in the sectional championship game.  Thoughts??

I think they get beat by Eastern/Lapel winner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TacklingFuel_10 said:

Tipton's been just as battle tested as the Panthers, if not more so. This upcoming game this week against RC will tell a lot going into the tournament. I personally think saying they will "roll" through the sectional is a bit bold. If I remember correctly, last year Eastbrook thought they would "roll" through their sectional and another hoosier conference team gave them all they could handle in the Sectional Championship.

I think they get beat by Eastern/Lapel winner.

It seems to me that Eastbrook won last year and will do so again.  I just hope they are playing Alexandria for the championship!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, TacklingFuel_10 said:

Tipton's been just as battle tested as the Panthers, if not more so. 

Nope!

SoS-

Eastbrook 158 /Tipton 209

I think Eastbrook wins this sectional. 

Tipton is as well-coached as any team in the state, but won't beat Eastbrook this year. From what I've read, it seems they will be a force for the next few years.

Eastern's best team in recent years may beat Lapel (this will be a great game!), but won't be able to hang against Eastbrook. 

Edited by 99RiverRat99
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 99RiverRat99 said:

Nope!

SoS-

Eastbrook 158 /Tipton 209

I think Eastbrook wins this sectional. 

Tipton is as well-coached as any team in the state, but won't beat Eastbrook this year. From what I've read, it seems they will be a force for the next few years.

Eastern's best team in recent years may beat Lapel (this will be a great game!), but won't be able to hang against Eastbrook. 

That it what it is currently but will change quite a bit after Tipton plays #101 Rensselaer and Eastbrook plays #310 Elwood. But both will be battle tested for sure. I have nothing but respect for Coach Adamson. I think it’s awesome who they went out and scheduled in non conference. 

Tipton lost 17 starters from last year and is only starting a couple seniors this year. Tipton will return something like 18-19 starters for 2020. That’s why I said Eastbrook is the clear favorite this year for sure. 

On a different note. I noticed Lapel’s Star QB didn’t play last week. Any word on his status? Not sure they can beat Eastern without him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fballfan15 said:

On a different note. I noticed Lapel’s Star QB didn’t play last week. Any word on his status? Not sure they can beat Eastern without him. 

Possible that he is not on this continent??  I knew they battled this in previous years around this time...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Lapel will beat Eastern (Howard) Their three losses have been to Heritage Christian by 1 Shenandoah by 2 and Ritter by 8. three solid football teams., and they have a tough match up with a very good Eastern Hancock team Friday. Should be an Eastbrook vs Lapel final if the Bulldogs get past Eastern !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, captainobvious said:

Enough about Eastbrook.  I think my Alexandria Tigers have a decent shot at playing in the sectional championship game.  Thoughts??

Alexandria would definitely have to put together 4 perfect or near perfect quarters against Lapel/EG and who ever wins top bracket. Love their talent but just not sure they can tally 8 straight quarters of perfection  

I hope they do! This would be the time to do it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 10:05 PM, Coach Nowlin said:

I don't know what Frankton does for an offense, but by time Tipton gets to round 2 Eastbrook they will have seen a steady diet of RUN RUN RUN RUN going back to Western week 8, RCHS week 9, then more than likely Eastbrook week 11.   Defensive backs are not happy :classic_biggrin:

Frankton runs a wing-T variation, but I'm not sure if I'd call it an offense : )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoever wins the Lapel @ Eastern game will meet Eastbrook in the championship and I believe Lapel is much better than they were the last 2 years when they lost to the Panthers in the regional. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did Blackford learn anything from playing Eastbrook a few weeks ago to change their fortunes? 

Tipton should be just fine vs Frankton :  Lyons looked very healthy last Friday.   

Doubt Alexandria lays an egg vs Elwood

opening round game of intrigue, of course Eastern vs Lapel   

OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Lapel 36-45. Eastern 35-46.

I think I may go with the Comets in this true toss up (of course I have not seen one clip of either team, so pure throwing a dart here) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Did Blackford learn anything from playing Eastbrook a few weeks ago to change their fortunes? 

Tipton should be just fine vs Frankton :  Lyons looked very healthy last Friday.   

Doubt Alexandria lays an egg vs Elwood

opening round game of intrigue, of course Eastern vs Lapel   

OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Lapel 36-45. Eastern 35-46.

I think I may go with the Comets in this true toss up (of course I have not seen one clip of either team, so pure throwing a dart here) 

 

Yeah, I thought Eastern looked good (scrimmage week) against Mississinewa. Haven't seen Lapel. They have some talent and played tough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Round 1 results:

Tipton 58 Frankton 6

This one was over really quick. 38-0 at half and running clock the whole second half.

Eastbrook 42 Blackford 13

Game was 7-6 early on and then Eastbrook dominated the rest of the way 

Alexandria 52 Elwood 7

Elwood scored an early TD but Alex dominated the rest of the way.

Eastern 34 Lapel 31

Lapel took the lead with 1:15 to go and Eastern went the length of the field to win the game with 6 seconds left

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Fballfan15 said:

Round 1 results:

Tipton 58 Frankton 6

This one was over really quick. 38-0 at half and running clock the whole second half.

Eastbrook 42 Blackford 13

Game was 7-6 early on and then Eastbrook dominated the rest of the way 

Alexandria 52 Elwood 7

Elwood scored an early TD but Alex dominated the rest of the way.

Eastern 34 Lapel 31

Lapel took the lead with 1:15 to go and Eastern went the length of the field to win the game with 6 seconds left

Eastbrooks line on both sides is really struggling. Will be very interesting playing Tipton. 
 

sounds like the Eastern-Lapel game was a fun one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2019 at 6:58 PM, captainobvious said:

I just hope they are playing Alexandria for the championship!

Alexandria is already looking ahead to basketball season.  Friday nights game was just bad. The kids looked checked out and very lethargic.  @GV5 is right in saying that they have the talent but the coaching is just terrible.  Until a change is made the Tigers will continue to under achieve.  Elwood on the other hand has some things to look forward to.  I thought the quarterback was a pretty solid kid for a freshman and his future looks bright hopefully they can get some positive energy around the program and get more kids out.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Route2andholtz said:

Alexandria is already looking ahead to basketball season.  Friday nights game was just bad. The kids looked checked out and very lethargic.  @GV5 is right in saying that they have the talent but the coaching is just terrible.  Until a change is made the Tigers will continue to under achieve.  Elwood on the other hand has some things to look forward to.  I thought the quarterback was a pretty solid kid for a freshman and his future looks bright hopefully they can get some positive energy around the program and get more kids out.   

Yes just do not understand how you cannot figure out who the best 11 are for defense. When they put in 1 of the kids he made 3 tackles in 5 plays.

Coaching will win or lose the next game. Alexandria has more talent on their offense and could on defense if they figure it out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tipton at Eastbrook 

Hope my young Blue Devils come to play. They have shown signs of being a really good team and then other times you say “we are a year away.” Most games Tipton has been a really physical team so hopefully Friday is one of those games. Hoping to hear good news on the injury report ahead of the game Friday. Looking forward to the trip to Eastbrook. I haven’t been there since the turf has been added. 

Eastern at Alexandria

Despite Eastern’s weak schedule, I think they showed that they’re a good team by beating a good Lapel team. Also to be down with 1:15 to go and drive the length of the field to win is pretty impressive. I don’t know a whole lot about Alex other than they have a nice passing game and can put up some points. 

Going to be a cold Friday night. Hoping for another great night of Hs football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fballfan15 said:

Tipton at Eastbrook 

Hope my young Blue Devils come to play. They have shown signs of being a really good team and then other times you say “we are a year away.” Most games Tipton has been a really physical team so hopefully Friday is one of those games. Hoping to hear good news on the injury report ahead of the game Friday. Looking forward to the trip to Eastbrook. I haven’t been there since the turf has been added. 

very excited for the game i think it will be a lot closer than what people think, if we go into the game to cocky it could be our last. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this is the quietest I have ever heard the Tipton faithful on GID!  Where is all the smack talk and wisdom normally doled out by the Blue Devils??  I think Eastbrook wins this one by 3+ touchdowns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, captainobvious said:

I think this is the quietest I have ever heard the Tipton faithful on GID!  Where is all the smack talk and wisdom normally doled out by the Blue Devils??  I think Eastbrook wins this one by 3+ touchdowns.

I think I’m the only Tipton guy that posts anymore. I don’t really remember any Tipton people talking smack outside of one guy 7-8 years ago but I could be wrong. I won’t be talking smack. We had a very good team last year that gave the state champ all they could handle and came up a little short. Only 3 varsity guys are back from that team. 2 of them are still just Juniors this year. Everyone knows Friday is an uphill battle. I do know that our kids will be very well prepared and ready to play. If that’s not enough, then tip your cap to Eastbrook and get to work on next year which could be a special year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fballfan15 said:

I think I’m the only Tipton guy that posts anymore. I don’t really remember any Tipton people talking smack outside of one guy 7-8 years ago but I could be wrong. I won’t be talking smack. We had a very good team last year that gave the state champ all they could handle and came up a little short. Only 3 varsity guys are back from that team. 2 of them are still just Juniors this year. Everyone knows Friday is an uphill battle. I do know that our kids will be very well prepared and ready to play. If that’s not enough, then tip your cap to Eastbrook and get to work on next year which could be a special year.

I guess talking smack wasn’t what I meant.  It just seemed like there was a large Tipton force on here, without a loss for words.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...