Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

It’s time to bring back the Cluster System- but this time, one big change...

Indiana seems to have the right amount of teams & a relatively small geographic area in order to have ALL-IN high school postseason tournaments in every team sport. States like OH, IL, CA have too many schools.

If you change the football tournament so that teams must "qualify" for the postseason tournament, then (in my opinion) it's only fair to do that in every other team sport. There's no way the IHSAA will ever do that.

So I will never understand why so many Indiana high school football supporters want to take away something good from Indiana high school football players.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, slice60 said:

Indiana seems to have the right amount of teams & a relatively small geographic area in order to have ALL-IN high school postseason tournaments in every team sport. States like OH, IL, CA have too many schools.

If you change the football tournament so that teams must "qualify" for the postseason tournament, then (in my opinion) it's only fair to do that in every other team sport. There's no way the IHSAA will ever do that.

So I will never understand why so many Indiana high school football supporters want to take away something good from Indiana high school football players.

Who is taking anything away from anybody? You should have to earn your way into the postseason? No? I mean it's not like it's done that way all over the country at every level....oh wait. We had to qualify for the playoffs back in CYO ball as 10 and 11 year olds. Never once felt I was being deprived of anything when we didn't make. That's the way it goes.

1 hour ago, Impartial_Observer said:

The folks on North Meridian hang their hat on the fact we are the only state in the nation that has an all-in tournament in every sanctioned sport. I get this exercise every year, but the bottom line is that's not going to change in any of our lifetimes. 

It is a fun debate, but you are correct. The IHSAA  loves the all in system.  Most of the state is fine with it.  Going to take a tremendous amount of change in leadership and motivation to see anything different happening.  It is fun internet fodder, but those who want change, are not connected to leadership roles.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, slice60 said:

There are more states in the US with fewer schools than Indiana, than there are that have more.  Guess how many of them have an all in format.

And as far taking away something good, just remember:  “Good is the enemy of better.”