Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Illinois High School Football Participation Hits 26 year Low

Guest DT

1 minute ago, DT said:

Video gaming a threat on the horizon. 

Yep, and it's not going away:

https://www.insider.com/schools-with-video-game-playing-scholarships-esports-2019-6#2-robert-morris-university-was-the-first-school-to-create-an-e-sports-team-2

Also Indiana's own Trine University has a eSports team:  https://www.trine.edu/esports/

I think in situations like this, it's best to try to keep kids who quit playing involved somehow with the football program. For instance, if you have a player that doesn't want to play anymore, maybe he would make a great videographer to operate your endzone camera. Maybe you could use a situation like this to find kids willing to keep charts during games, etc.

36 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

I think in situations like this, it's best to try to keep kids who quit playing involved somehow with the football program. For instance, if you have a player that doesn't want to play anymore, maybe he would make a great videographer to operate your endzone camera. Maybe you could use a situation like this to find kids willing to keep charts during games, etc.

I think they would rather be playing video games.

9 minutes ago, DT said:

I think they would rather be playing video games.

Sir, it is apparent to me that you've never felt the pure adrenaline rush of filming a high school football game from the endzone using a Hi-Pod X31. 31 feet of magnificence. No video game can compare to the titillation that comes from using and endzone camera.

6 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Sir, it is apparent to me that you've never felt the pure adrenaline rush of filming a high school football game from the endzone using a Hi-Pod X31. 31 feet of magnificence. No video game can compare to the titillation that comes from using and endzone camera.

I have however felt the titillating adrenaline rush of closing a big sale and collecting a nice, fat commission check.  Keep selling Tanaka.  You will close that deal soon, I can almost feel it.  

Since 2007, illinois football participation has dropped from 51000 to 37000.  That is a whopping 28% participation decline.

That is a huge drop off.

There are 12.7M residents of the state of Illinois .  A drop of 150,000 translates to a 1.2% drop in statewide population.

No correlation between the two.  

1 hour ago, DT said:

Since 2007, illinois football participation has dropped from 51000 to 37000.  That is a whopping 28% participation decline.

That is a huge drop off.

There are 12.7M residents of the state of Illinois .  A drop of 150,000 translates to a 1.2% drop in statewide population.

No correlation between the two.  

go back 17 years from 2007 in Illinois and there were (rounded to the nearest thousand) 198,000 live births to Illinois residents. That would make those kids juniors or seniors in 2007. 17 years ago in Illinois there were (rounded to the nearest thousand) 180,000  live births to Illinois residents. That is a difference of 18,000 kids. The numbers you provided show a drop of 14,000 kids. It looks like as a percentage of available kids there has been an increase of Illinois kids playing football.

7 minutes ago, sr1 said:

go back 17 years from 2007 in Illinois and there were (rounded to the nearest thousand) 198,000 live births to Illinois residents. That would make those kids juniors or seniors in 2007. 17 years ago in Illinois there were (rounded to the nearest thousand) 180,000  live births to Illinois residents. That is a difference of 18,000 kids. The numbers you provided show a drop of 14,000 kids. It looks like as a percentage of available kids there has been an increase of Illinois kids playing football.

Somebody help me.  My head just exploded!   Im reading this for the 4th time.  Please help!

21 hours ago, DT said:

I have however felt the titillating adrenaline rush of closing a big sale and collecting a nice, fat commission check.  Keep selling Tanaka.  You will close that deal soon, I can almost feel it.  

Sir I'm not a salesman working for a commission. I just have a burning passion for all things endzone camera. And specifically the Hi-Pod X31 is my go to choice.

7 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Sir I'm not a salesman working for a commission. I just have a burning passion for all things endzone camera. And specifically the Hi-Pod X31 is my go to choice.

Would that be a good camera for a soccer pitch?

Just now, Muda69 said:

Would that be a good camera for a soccer pitch?

It would be a great camera for filming soccer. One thing that I enjoy is finding uses for endzone cameras outside of football. I think it would be great for filming weddings as well. I could see it being beneficial set up behind a hunting blind or tree stand as well.