Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional of Death - 28

6 minutes ago, Trojan88 said:

Any insight on Brebeuf QB - I thought I heard that they made a switch a few games ago...

Any insight on Joe Strickland? I believe that’s his name.  If I recall he is the only officially ranked prospect for the class of 2022 in Indiana....yet I have seen little about him on the board.  But by all accounts of what I’m seeing, he is a great defensive end and only a sophomore 

52 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Any insight on Joe Strickland? I believe that’s his name.  If I recall he is the only officially ranked prospect for the class of 2022 in Indiana....yet I have seen little about him on the board.  But by all accounts of what I’m seeing, he is a great defensive end and only a sophomore 

Don't know much about him, but my guess is that the Chatard coaches know him and will need to account for him.

On 10/14/2019 at 2:00 PM, Coach Nowlin said:

... and there you have it folks, the more unique anomaly, where a team can play and win a sectional title without playing 1 home game.   

If that scenario plays out and WL pulls that off, then I say give them the ring and don't worry about playing the rest of the string out.  

My son's team did that in 1995, won a sectional with three consecutive road games. Certainly a unique situation!

• Like 2

Welp, its that time of year again. Another regular season in the books and another loaded sectional for the CCC. From what i hear, WL is absolutely legit this year and FAST. Im really hoping to see Guerin get over the hump this year but it'll be tough. Speaking of, can Chatard finally get over the hump this year in 3A? Seems they're favored going into the playoffs almost every year. One of my favorite HS games I've watched was Chatard handling business back in 2015 beating who else (WL) in LOS for the title. They were so sound that year. Go Golden Eagles!!

On 10/14/2019 at 7:44 PM, BTF said:

Get better or get used to it (speaking of the 75-0 blowout). The game of life is no different. The football programs that work the hardest win the trophies. The kids with the best grades go to the best schools and get the best jobs. The harder you work in the in the real world, the more likely you will crush your competition. Getting whipped 75-0 is a painful lesson, but it IS a lesson. Don't like it? Feel sorry for the kids? Easy solution. Ten game season. Half the teams make it. Seed the tournament. The regular season should have playoff implications. The undefeated team shouldn't have to travel to winless team..............other states don't understand it, can't believe it, and laugh at it. 

This is pretty narrow minded as the football bounces awkwardly at times.  

I’ll go ahead and contact the coaches at Avon or Brownsburg in a couple of weeks and let them know that tiny 1a schools are hoisting trophies because they “worked harder.”

Also, can’t tell you how many times I’ve lost out on an opportunity/job because I didn’t KNOW the right person despite having the best grades...

Most of your other points I agree with however.

Edited by Guest

On 10/14/2019 at 7:44 PM, BTF said:

Get better or get used to it (speaking of the 75-0 blowout). The game of life is no different. The football programs that work the hardest win the trophies. The kids with the best grades go to the best schools and get the best jobs. The harder you work in the in the real world, the more likely you will crush your competition. Getting whipped 75-0 is a painful lesson, but it IS a lesson. Don't like it? Feel sorry for the kids? Easy solution. Ten game season. Half the teams make it. Seed the tournament. The regular season should have playoff implications. The undefeated team shouldn't have to travel to winless team..............other states don't understand it, can't believe it, and laugh at it. 

Just stirring the pot here once again because I actually agree but if they truly are the better team should it matter where the game is played?

Thoughts on the first games.  Probably not a lot of surprises since the only strongly contested game will be Chatard (No. 1 Sagarin) at Brebeuf (No. 3 Sagarin)

West Lafayette (No. 2  Sagarin)  at Hamilton Heights - Going to be a tough night for HH.  I have to think WL is looking to take someone’s head off after last week’s loss.  Expect a running clock starting at the half.

Guerin Catholic (No. 6 Sagarin) at Yorktown - on paper this game should be within 2 TDS.  I expect Guerin to win big after their surprising BIG loss last week to Roncalli.

N. Montgomery at Crawfordsville -  North Montgomery by 35 plus.  Running clock.

Chatard (No. 1 Sagarin) at Brebeuf (No. 3 Sagarin) - Brebeuf is usually a whole different animal to play against in playoffs and is 7-2  playing the 36th toughest schedule in the State.  Their effort last week vs. Terre Haute North was not particularly impressive but the week prior they played within 14 of Cathedral (a top 5 team in the state overall by most every analytic).  Chatard is 7-1 playing the 20th toughest schedule in the state.  Chatard, the last few years, has been more impressive in the regular season than in playoffs.  Add that it’s hard to beat a good team twice AND it’s a home game for Brebeuf (Chatard will still likely have a bigger crowd, though).

I think this game is too close to call.

8 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Chatard blowing out 1st round Brebeuf a 2nd time is quite the statement. 

The only prediction about this game I was right about Friday was the fact Chatard’s crowd was bigger than Brebeuf’s.

The game itself was a Chatard clinic throughout.  Even the Brebeuf onside kick blew up in their face. 

Still......West Lafayette is the champ and the favorite....until they aren’t.

Still have to play the next round, but if Chatard does end up playing WL in sectional final - I think it could be epic and most likely for the ticket to LOS. Chatard is solid in all areas and continues to improve every week. DL and OL are just killing it!

West Lafayette (Sagarin No. 2 in 3A, No. 20 Overall) v. Guerin (Sagarin No. 7 in 3A, No. 59 Overall) at Guerin.  Despite the fact I would prefer fellow CIrcle City Conference member Guerin win, I think West Lafayette wins handily.  Guerin has actually played a great schedule (when you factor in the out of state opponents) and performed fairly well excepting the Roncalli game. 

Chatard (Sagarin No. 1 in 3A, No. 4 Overall) v. North Montgomery (Sagarin No. 26 in 3A, No. 140 Overall) at North Montgomery.  It’s been a few years since these two have played one another but as am going with Chatard to win by 21 plus.  I think Chatard has too many weapons on offense combined with a defense that is smothering.  Guess I should know but is North Montgomery a grass field?

6 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy1 said:

Sectional of death = snoozefest. Chatard wins the staye by 2TDs Every game of the tourney unless a catastrophic injury to Cheek, Daylen, or Sovinski. The D is ugly. Good night, 3A. Can’t believe these guys are still in that division. It’s a joke. 

That seems a little overdramatic.  BC is in 3A because that’s what the enrollment dictates.  They will have some tough games ahead.  I would peg them the favorite, but they were probably the favorite the past few years too and came up short (a couple were even pretty lopsided losses).  You just never know...   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tango said:

That seems a little overdramatic.  BC is in 3A because that’s what the enrollment dictates.  They will have some tough games ahead.  I would peg them the favorite, but they were probably the favorite the past few years too and came up short (a couple were even pretty lopsided losses).  You just never know...   

. . . "(a couple were even pretty lopsided losses)."  Including the last two . . . and the two to North Montgomery in '95 and '96.  3A is a really tough competitive class and has been for quite a while.  I don't see Chatard winning every game by 2+ touchdowns.  I also don't think they are the favorite considering WL is the defending champion and has a ton of talent.  While Chatard's skill position players are good, the real talent on the team has been the OL and DL.  As long as they play well, they have a good chance of winning.  But, as we know all too well, there are no guarantees.  

• Like 3