Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Did not know this existed

my friend former GID 1up, TW, THETW, published those videos 

Roncalli Grad

#72 on that Roncalli team was Ben Davis HC Jason Simmons

The Roell brothers played on that team, Andy and Geoff, Geoff played D1 at Toledo at RB, Andy was Sack leader for a long time at Roncalli 

RB Mike Bohn led nation in rushing, set the state record at the time in playing only 40 quarters that year. 

Great find Pal 

Also West Lafayette, Chike OKeafer (I know I butcher the spelling) was GINORMOUS with his neck roll!!!    Coach Beck was great on those clips

And how bout the LEGEND COACH BOB BRIDGE!!!   Dominating with his option out of wishbone.   Beautiful 

21 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Roncalli Grad

The Roell brothers played on that team, Andy and Geoff, Geoff played D1 at Toledo at RB, Andy was Sack leader for a long time at Roncalli 

RB Mike Bohn led nation in rushing, set the state record at the time in playing only 40 quarters that year. 

Great find Pal 

Also West Lafayette, Chike OKeffer (I know I butcher the spelling) was GINORMOUS with his neck roll!!!    Coach Beck was great on those clips

And how bout the LEGEND COACH BOB BRIDGE!!!   Dominating with his option out of wishbone.   Beautiful 

SO.  MUCH.  TALENT.  All over the field at every game.

6 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Roncalli Grad

Great find Pal 

Also West Lafayette, Chike OKeafer (I know I butcher the spelling) was GINORMOUS with his neck roll!!!    Coach Beck was great on those clips

Is that Roeder from Northwood the guy that coaches at Southern Wells?

Really felt bad for Northwood. Coach Andrews passes away. Dodson in 2nd year leads NW to state with Trevor Andrews and Nate Andrews leading the way.

I dig the old school uniforms. So much cooler then now. 

West Laf. I remember my dad telling me years later that our 90 team (went 9-1). There was talk of a state run... WL, River Forest and Lake Station were the 3 teams in the North to beat. Got upset by Rochester 0-7. 

Seems they always have good teams.. WL does.

Edited by Ultimate Warrior

7 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Roncalli Grad

Great find Pal 

Thanks for bringing up those memories Nowlin. My first coaching job at the high school level was at Chatard in 92. We saw all we wanted of all those Roncalli guys. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Thanks for bringing up those memories Nowlin. My first coaching job at the high school level was at Chatard in 92. We saw all we wanted of all those Roncalli guys. 

Did you ever coach under or with Craig Barr?

I played, well stood on the sidelines, against that Roncalli team for Chatard.  I was a sophomore WR/DB who had just decided to go see what football was all about.  Learned a lot, enough to know I was not tough enough to play HS football.  Lol. 

But I learned valuable lessons from that team and coaching staff.  I regret not sticking it out and playing the last two years of HS.  

16 hours ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

Is that Roeder from Northwood the guy that coaches at Southern Wells?

Really felt bad for Northwood. Coach Andrews passes away. Dodson in 2nd year leads NW to state with Trevor Andrews and Nate Andrews leading the way.

I dig the old school uniforms. So much cooler then now. 

West Laf. I remember my dad telling me years later that our 90 team (went 9-1). There was talk of a state run... WL, River Forest and Lake Station were the 3 teams in the North to beat. Got upset by Rochester 0-7. 

Seems they always have good teams.. WL does.

Amen UW.  As soon as we got the sleeves shortened/put elastic in them, so much better than today.

We (LC) had a duel crowd (our fans and Hobart's fans) for our game, as Hobart did for their game.  I remember walking onto the field after the 4A game and all of the Hobart players and staff were cheering us on and we were congratulating them.  We were the only 2 teams from the Region still playing.  Such great memories.

7 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

After visiting the ihsaa website I am scratching my head on how to purchase old state title games.  Wouldn't mind getting the 93 5a game. Anyone know how you can get those? I remember buying the 97 title game 10 years ago maybe the ihsaa stopped selling the old games?

From first hand experience, I can save you a bunch of money.  BHSS won, defeating us (Lake Central).  🙂

Thx guys that was quick. I used to be a lot better at 'internetting' finding stuff 0n websites 

16 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

From first hand experience, I can save you a bunch of money.  BHSS won, defeating us (Lake Central).  🙂

I played with a lot of those guys but had graduated by the time they won it. Have pondered what ever happened to Elmer Britton. He would be getting up there in age by now . . . . .either way it was a great game on the edge of my seat through it all.

30 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

Thx guys that was quick. I used to be a lot better at 'internetting' finding stuff 0n websites 

I played with a lot of those guys but had graduated by the time they won it. Have pondered what ever happened to Elmer Britton. He would be getting up there in age by now . . . . .either way it was a great game on the edge of my seat through it all.

Coach got "run out" at LC and we haven't been the same since.

He left LC, then went to Logansport, where he immediately turned the Berries around.

Then went to SB Adams for a bit.  Heard some things about a certain parent/group of parents that wanted to pass more.  Coach was a running/option guy and wasn't going to change, so they "ran him out" there.  Heard that family then took their talents to the westside of SB.

Coach is doing great, last time I spoke with him.  He is enjoying retirement with his grandkids and playing a lot of golf.

28 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

He left LC, then went to Logansport, where he immediately turned the Berries around.

Then went to SB Adams for a bit.  Heard some things about a certain parent/group of parents that wanted to pass more.  Coach was a running/option guy and wasn't going to change, so they "ran him out" there.  Heard that family then took their talents to the westside of SB.

Coach is doing great, last time I spoke with him.  He is enjoying retirement with his grandkids and playing a lot of golf.

Exactly right. Add to it that Elmer was not the kind of guy that was going to say things people wanted to hear if he didn’t mean them. A Hall of Famer. Similar scenarios have been played out in several places, and it always mystifies me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Exactly right. Add to it that Elmer was not the kind of guy that was going to say things people wanted to hear if he didn’t mean them. A Hall of Famer. Similar scenarios have been played out in several places, and it always mystifies me.

So So True

I count my lucky stars each and every year (17 now) that I have yet to encounter something of this nature in my career at my school.  

13 minutes ago, Bobref said:

There's a reason.

3 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

I know a couple of his former players at Logan talk to him. Its crazy how quickly he got them turned around.