Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Let us remember the 0'fers in the last week of the regular season

As the 2019 regular season draws to a close let us remember those winless teams, trying to banish their futility with one last grasp at regular season greatness, aka winning a football game.  

After all winning the last game of the regular season may just the provide the spark needed for a deep tournament run, right?

Without further ado, here is a list of 0-* teams looking for that late regular season victory.  Please consider attending one of these games,  the players will thank you.  
Games marked with an asterisk (*) are extra special "0'fer vs. 0'fer" contests:

Fort Wayne Wayne (0-8) @ Carroll (Fort Wayne) (5-3)
*South Bend St. Joseph (0-8) @ South Bend Adams (0-8)
Mooresville (6-2) @ Perry Meridian (0-8)
Muncie Central (0-8) @ Logansport (1-7)
Evansville Harrison (0-8) @ Evansville Bosse (1-7)
Monrovia (0-8) @ Indianapolis Scecina (5-3)
Bellmont (0-8) @ East Noble (8-0)
Munster (0-8) @ Kanakakee Valley (3-5)
Heritage (1-7) @ Jay County (0-8)
Wabash (3-5) @ Whitko (0-8)
*Northwestern (0-8) @ Benton Central (0-8)
Connersville (0-8) @ Batesville (2-6)
*Frankfort (0-8) @ Crawfordville (0-8)
Washington (0-8) @ North Knox (5-3)
Charlestown (6-2) @ Eastern (Pekin) (0-8)
Shelbyville (0-8) @ Pendletone Heights (4-4)
Fountain Central (0-8) @ Parke Heritage (7-1)
North Central (Farmersburg) (1-7) @ Eastern Greene (0-8)
Hammond (0-7) @ East Chicago Central (5-3)
Knox (7-1) @ Caston (0-8)
Eastbrook (6-2) @ Elwood (0-8)
North Posey (3-5) @ Pike Central (0-8)
Hammond Noll (0-3) @ Calumet (6-1)
River Forest (4-4) @ Gary Roosevelt (0-8)
South Newtwon (0-8) @ Lake Station (1-7)

• Disdain 2

Not too happy bit this particular thread.   Winning games can be tough given injuries, the general youth of the team, among other factors.  But these kids are out there fighting, let's not make fun of their efforts.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

What strikes me are some of the names on this list

Munster? - Wow   Say it ain't so Leroy.  Lets bring back John Friend.  

North Central ? - didn't they just play for a championship?  Are things any better at GC?

St Joe ? - Good Lord!  

Monrovia? - thought that was a pretty solid program, but Im not that familiar with the lower classes.

Belmont ? - Hmmm

Fountain Central ?  HmmmmHmmmmm   Where's Brad Smith when you need him?

7 minutes ago, DT said:

North Central ? - didn't they just play for a championship?  Are things any better at GC?

St Joe ? - Good Lord!  

Monrovia? - thought that was a pretty solid program, but Im not that familiar with the lower classes.

Belmont ? - Hmmm

I noticed the same thing DT.   Some big names on that list, schools that we thought had "established programs".

14 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Not too happy bit this particular thread.   Winning games can be tough given injuries, the general youth of the team, among other factors.  But these kids are out there fighting, let's not make fun of their efforts.

I never created this thread with the intent of "making fun".  If I was I would have called those three 0-8 vs. 0-8 games "The Toilet Bowl" or something similar.  

Like I said, go support these teams on Friday night.

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

I don’t really follow Southern Indiana football much, so excuse the ignorance, but what the heck happened to Eastern Greene?  I know they had coaching turnover, but does that really flip a program from a State Finalist to an 0-fer in 2 years? 😳 

I agree with Gipper. Tough to call teams out when no one knows what is going on internally at this time  Injuries, numbers down, etc., play a part. I'm pretty sure it is tough on these teams who have worked hard in the off season, stayed true to their teams, come and play their hearts out every Friday night---to be called out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wayne in Fort Wayne is stunning to me. Everyone knew they would take a step back because they lost some D1 talent from their graduating class but not like this. Dwenger beat them in the sectional championship last year 14-13 because of a missed extra point. This was a game where Dwenger had 0 first downs in the first half. They could make an argument they were the second best team in 4a last year. 

To add to this they were 7-2 in the SAC last year only losing to homestead and dwenger again in the regular season. They also beat snider 21-7 and finished 2nd in the conference. 

Edited by FWfootball10
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, DT said:

St Joe ? - Good Lord!  

Belmont ? - Hmmm

1-7 Portage hosts 1-7 La Porte on Friday night.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

1-7 Portage hosts 1-7 La Porte on Friday night.

Portage has to be the most disappointing program in northern indiana, outside of Munster.

Everybody in The DAC seems to be improving.  Why does Portage still suck?

Do they need to make another change at HC?

Can they lure Buzz back from HF?

9 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

@Muda69 this thread is in really poor taste. That’s just my opinion and i personally don’t approve of openly mocking 20 something programs and their players.

i don’t know man...even from you I would expect better. 

If you believe this thread was made to openly mock high school football program then you are sorely mistaken.  

Which of these games/teams are you personally going to support this Friday?

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

1 minute ago, Muda69 said:

If you believe this thread was made to openly mock high school football program then you are sorely mistaken.  

All of them from my humble abode in Green Bay wisconsin.  I’m an avid fan of Gibson Southern having graduated and played there, however I am a huge fan of Indiana football and love to see everyone excel unless they are facing my titans.  

I personally love to see these kids get better and eventually play on Saturdays on the television and some of them even make it to Sunday’s.

9 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Can't wait to get your learned opinion of the Frankfort @ Crawfordsville game.

Well I went to Wabash and have a few really close friends who played for Crawfordsville.  Im sure a few of them have siblings on the team and I wish both sides the best 😊.

I live in Green Bay but have been a member of this board since 2012 lol. So it’s not like I just don’t know any of these teams 

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Ill be at South Newton @ Lake Station!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Well I went to Wabash and have a few really close friends who played for Crawfordsville.  Im sure a few of them have siblings on the team and I wish both sides the best 😊.

I live in Green Bay but have been a member of this board since 2012 lol. So it’s not like I just don’t know any of these teams 

Is Kiel still killing it?  Although they're a very small school (1A or 2A if they were a few hundred miles southeast), they really updated their facilities and were undefeated.  A friend of mine is on their school board and was a driving force on the upgrades, not an easy thing to do in a small town which is about the size of Rensselaer....

20 hours ago, DT said:

What strikes me are some of the names on this 

Monrovia? - thought that was a pretty solid program, but Im not that familiar with the lower classes

Brand new head coach who took over about 7 weeks before season started. Brought completely different offense and defense than the kids had been running most their lives. 

Been tough watching the Dawgs struggle under the new leadership. The senior class is who I have felt very bad for. I was on staff but left early in the season due to personal reason. 

Edited by Warren05