Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Let us remember the 0'fers in the last week of the regular season

40 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Guess what: everything is cyclical (how many times have I said this?!?), the Athenians, Bison, Bulldogs, Mustangs, Rebels, and everybody else having trouble right now will be back!!!

Can somebody tell me the last time the C-ville football program could be considered "back"?  According to Harrell's they have only had 2 winning seasons since 1994.

• Disdain 1

2 hours ago, Gipper said:

Is Kiel still killing it?  Although they're a very small school (1A or 2A if they were a few hundred miles southeast), they really updated their facilities and were undefeated.  A friend of mine is on their school board and was a driving force on the upgrades, not an easy thing to do in a small town which is about the size of Rensselaer....

I honestly wouldn’t know without looking. I don’t really follow the area too much.  My Friday’s are here following Indiana football and Gibson Southern haha. 

the only thing I know for certain is Kimberly is better than everyone....I’m sure they are preparing to make it 6 in a row at Wisconsin’s top level 

5 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I honestly wouldn’t know without looking. I don’t really follow the area too much.  My Friday’s are here following Indiana football and Gibson Southern haha. 

the only thing I know for certain is Kimberly is better than everyone....I’m sure they are preparing to make it 6 in a row at Wisconsin’s top level 

Thanks!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Another battle 

Another battle of 1-7 teams will be Wawasee at Goshen. Both teams won their first game of the regular season before going on their 7 game slides. Should be a good game honestly.

It is going to be really exciting to see what Warsaw does in the tournament this year.  6A North is wide open.  Looking forward to what is probably New Prairie - Plymouth in 4A.

RIP to the school boards and soccer programs who promoted such a great job. Bravo. You deprived student athletes of the athletics which they will want to compete in. 

Muda, as a a man of logic, you know that a certain number must go 0-9 while a certain number must go 9-0. Simple bell curve statistics. 

3 hours ago, Gipper said:

Guess what: everything is cyclical (how many times have I said this?!?), the Athenians, Bison, Bulldogs, Mustangs, Rebels, and everybody else having trouble right now will be back!!!

30 game losing streak at South Newton and 27 (Soon to be 29) at Caston... Those are pretty big and long cycles!

Edited by Hoosier Hawk
School Clarification

On 10/15/2019 at 3:04 PM, Gipper said:

Not too happy bit this particular thread.   Winning games can be tough given injuries, the general youth of the team, among other factors.  But these kids are out there fighting, let's not make fun of their efforts.

I relaize that it very hard to read into words and meanings on a text, email, etc.

I just do not believe that Muda meant any negative tones in his given threat.
Muda did not point out any single kid or coach as the fault of a given team not winning a game so far this season.

Muda was merely pointing out a piece of information that crosses people's minds during any athletic season.  It does not have to be football .... it can be any athletic team that plays another opponent where we have a winner and a loser.

Fans talk about records, the media talks about wins and losses, and, please don't tell me that ball players have never mentioned that the team they are about to play is Oh and whatever or haven't won a game yet, or whatever.

That is just not realistic!

I may be out on this limb by myself, but I did not take Muda thread as disrespectful or intentionally negative.

If I fall, I fall .... 

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

I relaize that it very hard to read into words and meanings on a text, email, etc.

I just do not believe that Muda meant any negative tones in his given threat.
Muda did not point out any single kid or coach as the fault of a given team not winning a game so far this season.

Muda was merely pointing out a piece of information that crosses people's minds during any athletic season.  It does not have to be football .... it can be any athletic team that plays another opponent where we have a winner and a loser.

Fans talk about records, the media talks about wins and losses, and, please don't tell me that ball players have never mentioned that the team they are about to play is Oh and whatever or haven't won a game yet, or whatever.

That is just not realistic!

I may be out on this limb by myself, but I did not take Muda thread as disrespectful or intentionally negative.

If I fall, I fall .... 

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

Statistically, it will happen. I don't think using statistical anomalies will boost the idea that some school corporations should cut the support, which is exactly what he is advocating for, indirectly or in this case directly. Shame. We are on a platform that aims to support Indiana HS football programs and their supporters. Mudas dissent is worrisome. 

My father always told me that you shouldn't complain unless you have a better alternative. Not sure what his is.? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Statistically, it will happen. I don't think using statistical anomalies will boost the idea that some school corporations should cut the support, which is exactly what he is advocating for, indirectly or in this case directly. Shame. We are on a platform that aims to support Indiana HS football programs and their supporters. Mudas dissent is worrisome. 

My father always told me that you shouldn't complain unless you have a better alternative. Not sure what his is.? 

Puzzled myself...

• Kill me now 1

10 hours ago, Muda69 said:

If you believe this thread was made to openly mock high school football program then you are sorely mistaken.  

Which of these games/teams are you personally going to support this Friday?

Hey Mudas how many Frankfort games have you been to this year?

7 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Can somebody tell me the last time the C-ville football program could be considered "back"?  According to Harrell's they have only had 2 winning seasons since 1994.

IMO, Frankfort is ahead of C-ville in the rebuilding process.  Frankfort had numbers and were quite a bit more competitive at the jr.high level.  Both are very tough situations.  Frankfort Jr. High coaches were coaching their buts off (even when down 30+ points) when they played us.  Hopefully, both can get back to being more competitive.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2019 at 9:41 PM, DT said:

Portage has to be the most disappointing program in northern indiana, outside of Munster.

Everybody in The DAC seems to be improving.  Why does Portage still suck?

Do they need to make another change at HC?

Can they lure Buzz back from HF?

25 years ago.  Attending a Portage football game back then was electric. Never going to happen again in my lifetime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXGX7d8NDMw

11 hours ago, Hoosier Hawk said:

30 game losing streak at South Newton and 27 (Soon to be 29) at Caston... Those are pretty big and long cycles!

As far as Caston. Its who they play... Old Mwc is still around. Caston wins 2 games in 17, 1 in 18 and 2 this year. 

12 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

Hey Mudas how many Frankfort games have you been to this year?

All but one home game, and one away.  How many of you been to this year?

Edited by Muda69
  • Disdain 1

10 hours ago, superjay said:

IMO, Frankfort is ahead of C-ville in the rebuilding process.  Frankfort had numbers and were quite a bit more competitive at the jr.high level.  Both are very tough situations.  Frankfort Jr. High coaches were coaching their buts off (even when down 30+ points) when they played us.  Hopefully, both can get back to being more competitive.

Just shows that raw numbers don't mean all that much.  Apparently you need the OMG! Athletes, identified and developed from an early age.

• Disdain 1

6 hours ago, Tommy said:

25 years ago.  Attending a Portage football game back then was electric. Never going to happen again in my lifetime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXGX7d8NDMw

VERY good Portage team right there.  They beat us (Lake Central) in the Regional that season, 21-7.

Great players and coaches on that team.  Coached with a few over the years.  Really good people.

22 hours ago, Gipper said:

Is Kiel still killing it?  Although they're a very small school (1A or 2A if they were a few hundred miles southeast), they really updated their facilities and were undefeated.  A friend of mine is on their school board and was a driving force on the upgrades, not an easy thing to do in a small town which is about the size of Rensselaer....

IU has an alumni camp, Camp Brosius, in Elkhart Lake, WI. I worked a couple of Summers there in college. During the REALLY busy race weekends in Elkhart, we would head out to Kiel. There was one bar that an old man named Bob owned. It was attached to his house. Bob had all kinds of gag toys at the boy that he loved showing off. He also had $2 pitchers of Old Style....hard to beat on a college budget. 🙂

7 minutes ago, Irishman said:

IU has an alumni camp, Camp Brosius, in Elkhart Lake, WI. I worked a couple of Summers there in college. During the REALLY busy race weekends in Elkhart, we would head out to Kiel. There was one bar that an old man named Bob owned. It was attached to his house. Bob had all kinds of gag toys at the boy that he loved showing off. He also had $2 pitchers of Old Style....hard to beat on a college budget. 🙂

Elkhart Lake rocks!  Kiel is also fun, too--I like the Fork and Dagger.  But basically, you can find a Bob in any town up there.  My go to in the UP is Dave, in fact there are two of them.  BTW, their football team is undefeated...

• Like 1

On 10/15/2019 at 9:41 PM, DT said:

Portage has to be the most disappointing program in northern indiana, outside of Munster.

Everybody in The DAC seems to be improving.  Why does Portage still suck?

Do they need to make another change at HC?

Can they lure Buzz back from HF?

H-F and Buzz was featured on ABC 7 Chicago’s 7 on your sideline tonight.

https://abc7chicago.com/sports/homewood-flossmoor-football-team-playoff-bound-again/5626631/?fbclid=IwAR3dGVANe16Axsj34x1Zlz3EsECYUzQp1ul3Znz1k5cQ1RcLjXbraNx3pko

Edited by Tommy

15 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

VERY good Portage team right there.  They beat us (Lake Central) in the Regional that season, 21-7.

Great players and coaches on that team.  Coached with a few over the years.  Really good people.

If I recall correctly Tommy, wasn't that Castle team huge?

9 hours ago, DT said:

If I recall correctly Tommy, wasn't that Castle team huge?

Hope you don’t mind. I know you asked Tommy, but quoted me. 😀

They were very big. They ran an overloaded Offense at times too (if not the entire game).