Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Let us remember the 0'fers in the last week of the regular season

1 hour ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Wasn't size Castle's MO back in the day?

That I am not 100%.  TBH, I never heard of Castle until the 94 state championship.

19 hours ago, DT said:

If I recall correctly Tommy, wasn't that Castle team huge?

Castle linemen were like college men.  Portage came into that game banged up after grueling regional and semi-stare wins over Lake Central and Fort Wayne Snider.  Joe Christian played the last two games on one leg after being taken off the old Lake Central Burial Grounds on a stretcher and taken away by ambulance,

Results from last night's prime time contests:

Fort Wayne Wayne (0-8) @ Carroll (Fort Wayne) (5-3)

Carroll (Fort Wayne) 20 Fort Wayne Wayne 12  

*South Bend St. Joseph (0-8) @ South Bend Adams (0-8)

South Bend St. Joseph 42 South Bend Adams 12  

Mooresville (6-2) @ Perry Meridian (0-8)

Mooresville 35 Perry Meridian 14  

Muncie Central (0-8) @ Logansport (1-7)

Logansport 51 Muncie Central 41  

Evansville Harrison (0-8) @ Evansville Bosse (1-7)

Evansville Bosse 48 Evansville Harrison 14  

Monrovia (0-8) @ Indianapolis Scecina (5-3)

Indianapolis Scecina 48 Monrovia 7  

Bellmont (0-8) @ East Noble (8-0)

East Noble 56 Bellmont 7  

Munster (0-8) @ Kanakakee Valley (3-5)

Kankakee Valley 42 Munster 0  

Heritage (1-7) @ Jay County (0-8)

Jay County 46 Heritage 21  

Wabash (3-5) @ Whitko (0-8)

Wabash 26 Whitko 14  

*Northwestern (0-8) @ Benton Central (0-8)

Benton Central 27 Northwestern 19  

Connersville (0-8) @ Batesville (2-6)

Batesville 42 Connersville 13  

*Frankfort (0-8) @ Crawfordville (0-8)

Crawfordsville 20 Frankfort 6  

Washington (0-8) @ North Knox (5-3)

North Knox 54 Washington 22  

Charlestown (6-2) @ Eastern (Pekin) (0-8)

Charlestown 35 Eastern (Pekin) 6  

Shelbyville (0-8) @ Pendleton Heights (4-4)

Pendleton Heights 55 Shelbyville 8  

Fountain Central (0-8) @ Parke Heritage (7-1)

Parke Heritage 46 Fountain Central 8  

North Central (Farmersburg) (1-7) @ Eastern Greene (0-8)

Eastern Greene 44 North Central (Farmersburg) 6  

Hammond (0-7) @ East Chicago Central (5-3)

East Chicago Central 35 Hammond 0  

Knox (7-1) @ Caston (0-8)

Knox 41 Caston 8  

Eastbrook (6-2) @ Elwood (0-8)

Eastbrook 70 Elwood 0  

North Posey (3-5) @ Pike Central (0-8)

North Posey 61 Pike Central 7  

Hammond Noll (0-3) @ Calumet (6-1)

Calumet 63 Hammond Noll 6  

River Forest (4-4) @ Gary Roosevelt (0-8)

River Forest 41 Gary Roosevelt 12  

South Newton (0-8) @ Lake Station (1-7)

Lake Station 46 South Newton 44 OT

Congratulations to South Bend St. Joseph,  Jay County,  Benton Central,  Crawfordsville and Eastern Greene for their first wins of the season.  May this significant victory propel you to tournament greatness.   To the rest,  good job on a fine effort.

Current losing streaks:

Bellmont: 10

FW Wayne: 10

Gary Roosevelt: 10

Monrovia: 10

Munster: 10

Northwestern: 10

Eastern (Pekin): 11

SB Adams: 11

Fountain Central: 12

Whitko: 12

Perry Meridian:  13

Muncie Central: 14

Shelbyville: 14

Evansville Harrison:  15

Pike Central: 15

Washington: 15

Elwood: 20

Frankfort: 20

Hammond: 21

Connersville: 23

Caston: 28

South Newton: 31

Hammond Noll: 37

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

Clarksville had a 45 game losing streak heading into this season. Went 3-6, won last 2, and scored 62 last night against North Harrison (most since week 8 2003). Progress can be made

Edited by WWFan
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Competitive balance is the NFL, where every team is around .500+/- and bores the hell out of me. 

I'm glad that not everybody shares your opinion.  You seem to cherish Indiana high school football teams with 20+ long losing streaks.  How does that make the overall sport better?

• Haha 1
  • Disdain 1

15 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I'm glad that not everybody shares your opinion.  You seem to cherish Indiana high school football teams with 20+ long losing streaks.  How does that make the overall sport better?

I'm just glad not everyone shares your opinion. An opinion that if a program finishes with 9 wins,  7 wins, 7 wins, 1 win, and likely zero wins over the past five years, then you shut down their program. I think you do a great job of playing devil's advocate on the forum, but you're really reaching here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

High school sports are education based sports, that means it’s a part of your education. We know know your stance on public education, I would never expect you to understand or share my opinion.

• Like 3

@Muda69 I was just surfing and found a link with information - tidbits of winning and losing.

I still stand beside you and the incorrect insinuation your thread was made to openly mock high school football programs.

Paul Condry and Matt Kopsea are supposedly two revered Indiana sports writers. Heck, Paul Condry puts together Indiana Football Digest. 

Below are just a few stats brought up by Condry and Kopsea in a story sponsored by the Indianapolis Colts. 

UPS AND DOWNS

Here is the last time these teams were 8-0.

South Adams (1993), Valparaiso (2010), East Central (2011), Boone Grove (first time), Avon (1995), Eastern (Greentown) (1974), New Palestine (2018), Brownstown Central (2014), Lafayette Jeff (2017), East Noble (2004), West Noble (1981), New Prairie (2013), West Washington (2016), Heritage Hills (2018), Homestead (2012), Southwood (2018), Traders Point Christian (7-0-2018), Indianapolis Lutheran (7-0-first time), Indianapolis Tindley (7-0-first time).

Here is the last time these teams were 0-8.

Jay County (1991), Washington (2014), Elwood (2018), Madison Grant (2017), Connersville (2018), Northwestern (2018), Benton Central (2018), Shelbyville (1993), Caston (2018), Monrovia (2005), Eastern (Pekin) (2014), Perry Meridian (2009), South Newton (2018), Muncie Central (2010), Bellmont (2018), South Bend Saint Joseph (first time), South Bend Adams (2006), Munster (first time), Pike Central (2010), Crawfordsville (2018), Frankfort (2018), Evansville Harrison (2009), Eastern Greene (2006), Fort Wayne Wayne (2015), Whitko (2017), Fountain Central (first time), Gary Roosevelt (2013),  Hammond (0-7-2018), Indianapolis Shortridge (0-7-first time).

Indiana Football Digest Insider - 2019 Week Eight

IND.svg
Paul Condry and Matt Kopsea

PAUL CONDRY AND MATT KOPSEA

JERRY SCHULTHEISS

HOT OFF THE PRESS

Crawford County cancelled its contest with North Harrison because of a shortage of players in practice.

Dugger-Union has cancelled its remaining games because of injuries and a short of players.

Indianapolis Shortridge informed the IHSAA they would not be participating in the upcoming state football tournament.

Brownsburg’s John Hart earned his 300th career with the Bulldogs’ 27-7 decision over Noblesville.

Edinburgh snapped its 25-game regular season losing streak with a 37-6 decision over Rock Creek Academy.

Eastern (Greentown) ended Sheridan’s 22-game Hoosier Heartland Conference winning streak with 31-6 triumph. The Comets claimed their first conference title since 1984 and are 8-0 for the first time since 1974.

Kankakee Valley saw its 22-game Northwest Crossroads Conference losing streak come to an end 33-30 win over Highland.

Warren Central’s 28-0 loss to Carmel was the first time the Warriors have been blanked since the 1999 campaign.

For information on the 47th annual IHSAA state football tournament, go to www.ihsaa.org

NEW FACES IN NEW PLACES

These coaches earned their first victory with their new team.

Tyler DeSpain – Edinburgh (37-6 over Rock Creek Academy), Adam Musielak – Griffith (34-6 over Whiting)

UPS AND DOWNS

Here is the last time these teams were 8-0.

South Adams (1993), Valparaiso (2010), East Central (2011), Boone Grove (first time), Avon (1995), Eastern (Greentown) (1974), New Palestine (2018), Brownstown Central (2014), Lafayette Jeff (2017), East Noble (2004), West Noble (1981), New Prairie (2013), West Washington (2016), Heritage Hills (2018), Homestead (2012), Southwood (2018), Traders Point Christian (7-0-2018), Indianapolis Lutheran (7-0-first time), Indianapolis Tindley (7-0-first time).

Here is the last time these teams were 0-8.

Jay County (1991), Washington (2014), Elwood (2018), Madison Grant (2017), Connersville (2018), Northwestern (2018), Benton Central (2018), Shelbyville (1993), Caston (2018), Monrovia (2005), Eastern (Pekin) (2014), Perry Meridian (2009), South Newton (2018), Muncie Central (2010), Bellmont (2018), South Bend Saint Joseph (first time), South Bend Adams (2006), Munster (first time), Pike Central (2010), Crawfordsville (2018), Frankfort (2018), Evansville Harrison (2009), Eastern Greene (2006), Fort Wayne Wayne (2015), Whitko (2017), Fountain Central (first time), Gary Roosevelt (2013),  Hammond (0-7-2018), Indianapolis Shortridge (0-7-first time). 

LONGEST WINNING STREAKS

New Palestine has earned 22 consecutive victories.

LONGEST CURRENT LOSING STREAKS

Hammond Bishop Noll has a 36-game losing streak.

South Newton has a 30-game losing skid.

Caston is in the midst of a 27-game losing streak.

Connersville has a 22-game losing streak.

Hammond has lost 20 straight games.

Frankfort, Elwood, and Benton Central have dropped 19 games in a row.

Evansville Harrison, Pike Central, and Washington have lost 14 games in a row.

Shelbyville and Muncie Central have dropped 13 straight contests.

Perry Meridian has a 12-game losing streak.

Fountain Central and Whitko have suffered 11 consecutive losses.

Eastern (Pekin) and South Bend Adams have lost 10 in a row.

Jay County, Northwestern, Monrovia, South Bend Saint Joseph, Munster, Crawfordsville, Eastern Greene, Gary Roosevelt, and Indianapolis Shortridge all have a nine-game losing streak.

CONSECUTIVE REGULAR SEASON WINS

New Palestine 62, Southwood 22, Heritage Hills 19, Lafayette Jeff 16, Valparaiso 15, East Noble 15, East Central 14, Homestead 12, Boone Grove 11, Brownstown Central 11, South Adams 10, New Prairie 10, West Noble 10, Indianapolis Lutheran 10, Eastern (Greentown) 9. 

CONSECUTIVE REGULAR SEASON LOSSES

South Newton 27, Caston 25, Bellmont 21, Connersville 20, Hammond 18, Benton Central 17, Elwood 17, Frankfort 17, Evansville Harrison 13, Pike Central 13, Washington 13, Shelbyville 12, Muncie Central 12, Perry Meridian 11, Monrovia 11, Whitko 10, Fountain Central 10, Eastern Greene 10, Eastern (Pekin) 9, South Bend Adams 9, Gary Roosevelt 9.

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS

These teams have either clinched a tie or won their title outright.

Allen County: South Adams; Central Indiana: Eastbrook; Circle City: Indianapolis Bishop Chatard; Duneland: Valparaiso; Eastern Indiana (4A): East Central; Eastern Indiana (3A); Lawrenceburg; Great Lakes: Hammond Morton; Hoosier Crossroads: Avon; Hoosier Heartland: Eastern (Greentown); Hoosier Heritage: New Palestine; Hoosier Hills: Columbus East; Hoosier North: Pioneer; Indiana Crossroads: Indianapolis Lutheran; Metropolitan: North Central (Indianapolis); Mid-Eastern: Eastern Hancock; Mid-Indiana Football: North Decatur; Mid-Southern: Brownstown Central; Mid-State: Decatur Central; Midwest: North Newton; Northeast 8: East Noble; Northeast Corner (Small): Eastside; Northeast Corner (Big): West Noble; Northern Lakes: Plymouth; Northwest Crossroads: Hobart; Patoka Lake: West Washington; Pocket: Heritage Hills  ; Sagamore; Western Boone; Southwest: North Knox; Summit: Homestead; Three Rivers: Southwood; Wabash River; North Vermillion.

as always,  the game is better 

from_the_sidelines007 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TrojanDad said:

Good observation.

Eastern Green was 38-11 over the past 4 seasons, with 2 sectional championships and a runner up at state 2 years ago.  Wonder what happened to the Tbirds?

Coach left same time as a giant senior class which included a QB going to ISU. Then school board seemingly created a mess with next coach and it's just a mess now. It's been covered in other threads. 

I know some people have been talking about Shelbyville and how bad they are, but what about Pike Central?  I checked and I believe in the past 25 years they have only won 31 games!  They need to get out of the Pocket Conference, go independent and schedule some easier teams and learn how to win.  That's a LONG time to deal with losing.  Their best record was 4 - 8 in that 25 year span.  Wow.

Pike County is a tough situation. About the only industry that was ever there was agricultural and coal mining. The mining dried up in the 80’s, about the same time Pike Central was incorporated. Petersburg is literally a town stuck in another time. I would think socioeconomics dictate here as much as anywhere in the state.

19 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Pike County is a tough situation. About the only industry that was ever there was agricultural and coal mining. The mining dried up in the 80’s, about the same time Pike Central was incorporated. Petersburg is literally a town stuck in another time. I would think socioeconomics dictate here as much as anywhere in the state.

I believe another mine out in that area is closing down too. I recall seeing a thing about 200 or so employees learning they are laid off. 

meanwhile just south in Gibson county, Toyota continues to grow and the surrounding areas are developing.  Gibson Southern theoretically will see the most of the growth but Evansville North is literally 10 miles down the road on 41 and princeton is only 4 miles away if that 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA