Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Let us remember the 0'fers in the last week of the regular season

11 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

And what does that have to do with your conclusion that I support Mr. Sanders?  

And what happens if the soccer program breaks the Hi-Pod X31 endzone camera?  Wouldn't requiring some sort of good faith security deposit on the part of the soccer program be a good idea?

I just assumed since your profile picture is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez that you would be a Bernie supporter.

I'm glad you asked me that question. The Hi-Pod X31 comes with a 5 year replacement warranty, so it's a very safe investment.  

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

I just assumed since your profile picture is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez that you would be a Bernie supporter.

?

5 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

I'm glad you asked me that question. The Hi-Pod X31 comes with a 5 year replacement warranty, so it's a very safe investment.  

So the warranty covers negligence on behalf of the user?  And as a Hi-Pod X31 salesperson don't you want both the football and soccer teams to own one?

• Disdain 1

23 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

?

So the warranty covers negligence on behalf of the user?  And as a Hi-Pod X31 salesperson don't you want both the football and soccer teams to own one?

Your profile is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Right?

I am not a saleperson, I just have a burning passion for all things endzone camera, and I am very fond of the Hi-Pod X31. I just as easily could've been talking about the Sideline Power HD camera 20 foot tower, or the Sportscope 30 footer.

2 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Are you sure?

Yes, I am sure.

2 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

I hope some day you will find something to be as passionate about as I am when it comes to endzone cameras. 

Is that a small endzone camera in your profile picture?

2 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

Since this is a football site, I was only talking about their football futility.  Their closest conference game this year was with Tell City (48 - 14).  Their 2 non conference games were against 1A Tecumseh (39 - 3) and 3A Brown County (41 - 19).  Against the three 3A schools (Gibson Southern, Soutridge, and Heritage Hills) in their conference they were massacred 69 - 6, 74 - 0, and 70 - 3.  Against the four 2A schools in their conference they didn't fare too much better and lost 48 - 14, 69 - 12, 61 - 7, and 42 - 0.  That was just this year, but you can check on Harrell's and find that is pretty much typical of most years going back to 1994.  I'm wondering what their attendance is like at their games?  Maybe a few parents and that's it?  That's just a guess but I don't see much support for a program like that.  It's just hard for me to wrap my mind around a program that has been bad for so long and still dresses a team every week.  I get that teams have down years, but this one has been down for decades.  I still say they don't belong in the PAC (in football at least).  I applaud the young men still suiting up and playing, but it shouldn't have to be that way year after year.  Maybe a young coach with a lot of fire and motivation?  Don't misunderstand me here.  I am not posting this to belittle a program.  I would love to see them be able to see them have some winning seasons.  I just have a hard time understanding programs who seem to accept their fate instead of things getting changed/improved.  Good grief!  25 years?

Yeah it’s been like that for a while. The best years they have had are the ones where they have a 3-4 year starter as their feature weapon. 

I really don’t know what to say other than they just need more numbers and keep the numbers up for a sustained 3-4 year stretch. 

even when I played for GS, prior to the Coach Hart era  where GS was finishing 4-6/4-7 year in and year out, Pike Central was homecoming and always a blowoutp. 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

2 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

Since this is a football site, I was only talking about their football futility.  Their closest conference game this year was with Tell City (48 - 14).  Their 2 non conference games were against 1A Tecumseh (39 - 3) and 3A Brown County (41 - 19).  Against the three 3A schools (Gibson Southern, Soutridge, and Heritage Hills) in their conference they were massacred 69 - 6, 74 - 0, and 70 - 3.  Against the four 2A schools in their conference they didn't fare too much better and lost 48 - 14, 69 - 12, 61 - 7, and 42 - 0.  That was just this year, but you can check on Harrell's and find that is pretty much typical of most years going back to 1994.  I'm wondering what their attendance is like at their games?  Maybe a few parents and that's it?  That's just a guess but I don't see much support for a program like that.  It's just hard for me to wrap my mind around a program that has been bad for so long and still dresses a team every week.  I get that teams have down years, but this one has been down for decades.  I still say they don't belong in the PAC (in football at least).  I applaud the young men still suiting up and playing, but it shouldn't have to be that way year after year.  Maybe a young coach with a lot of fire and motivation?  Don't misunderstand me here.  I am not posting this to belittle a program.  I would love to see them be able to see them have some winning seasons.  I just have a hard time understanding programs who seem to accept their fate instead of things getting changed/improved.  Good grief!  25 years?

I still question the support Admin gives the program (I don't truly know... maybe they are very supportive). However, I wonder if it has become such of a unattractive job that decent coaches don't want to touch it. I'm sure there has been some decent coaches over 25 years, but just go to Hudl and watch the Indianapolis Lighthouse game. They have two high safeties that are usually 17-20 yards deep. They are not gap sound. The first steps of the linebackers are backwards. I do not like to bash coaches, but that is just poor coaching. Indianapolis Lighthouse (whoever that is) is playing pitch and catch. I did like Coach Mattingly. I wished he would have stuck around, but maybe after being there a year he figured he could not win for one reason or another. Maybe he just found a better opportunity. I do agree though... I applaud the young men for dressing up every Friday night. I just hope that either the current Admin or new Admin will supply the right coach with what they need to make the program competitive. 

3 hours ago, CoachDurham said:

Athletic Department Fund, which I covered, is self sufficient and fund raised and worked events by the players and staff.

3 hours ago, Muda69 said:

So it is the job of the football program to prop up the likes of swimming, cross country, wrestling, tennis, softball, baseball, track, etc.?

Wonder how that is working out for Pike Central?

I can not speak for Pike Central. But, the Football team works "X" ammount of athletic events in concessions. As do, swimming, CC, Wrestling, softball, baseball, and track. We do not have Tennis.

6 minutes ago, CoachDurham said:

But, the Football team works "X" ammount of athletic events in concessions. As do, swimming, CC, Wrestling, softball, baseball, and track. 

Please elaborate.  My experience with high school athletic event concessions is that it is staffed 90+% by adults, not children.

4 hours ago, Muda69 said:

So it is the job of the football program to prop up the likes of swimming, cross country, wrestling, tennis, softball, baseball, track, etc.?

Wonder how that is working out for Pike Central?

We will never get to Target 280 until schools like PC do the right thing and contract.

19 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Please elaborate.  My experience with high school athletic event concessions is that it is staffed 90+% by adults, not children.

21 years of coaching and the concessions were almost always athletes from our teams with a few parents, and that is from 4 different schools during those 21 years.  Not sure why your athletic department would have had trouble helping set up a rotation of athletes to work the stands 

1 minute ago, Warriorfan said:

21 years of coaching and the concessions were almost always athletes from our teams with a few parents, and that is from 4 different schools during those 21 years.  Not sure why your athletic department would have had trouble helping set up a rotation of athletes to work the stands 

Please consult with Coach Junction Boy to determine the proper percentage of ice and water in all soft drinks 

1 minute ago, Warriorfan said:

Not sure why your athletic department would have had trouble helping set up a rotation of athletes to work the stands 

Possibly because a good percentage of the athletes have to have a part time job to help support their families,  so if it is not their 'game night' they are working.

But this isn't just home events.  Most every time I have visited a concession stand, home or away, I have been waited on by an adult.  Especially when it came to paying/receiving change.

On 10/15/2019 at 7:56 AM, Muda69 said:

South Newton (0-8) @ Lake Station (1-7)

One of the best, hard fought, exciting games I saw all year.

All the kids played hard, represented their schools with class, and had nice turnouts for support.

Best wishes to SN and LS (and all teams) in the post season.

17 hours ago, DT said:

We will never get to Target 280 until schools like PC do the right thing and contract.

Why is 280 the target? From all I can gather your interests lie in something other than what's best for the young men and women who play the game. How do you from your cushy retirement community in Arizona have any idea what's best for the kids in Pike County? And since you don't do anything for free, who's paying you to continue this crusade of denying high school kids the opportunity to play the great team game? 

• Like 3