Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Let us remember the 0'fers in the last week of the regular season

3 hours ago, CoachDurham said:

I know we do not have one, I do not remember seeing one for Lake Station either.

Coach Durham, have you ever viewed practice or game film that has been shot from and endzone camera? It would totally change your perspective on how to view film.

25 minutes ago, DT said:

How fair is it to the other 280 kids in that small rural school when they see their 20 classmates go out every Friday night and get massacred 68-0?  

Do you think it ever crosses their young growing minds that maybe football just isnt a good idea at their school?  That maybe the money being spent on that football program might be better used to heat and cool the school, or pay sub teacher salaries, or pave the parking lot, or send the band to camp, or expand more ethnically appropriate sports like cross country and soccer?

Most financial people I know are very precise.  You are very sloppy.  

image.jpeg.757cb46b8c2eba7997228d07028d7ead.jpeg

31 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Coach Durham, have you ever viewed practice or game film that has been shot from and endzone camera? It would totally change your perspective on how to view film.

I thoroughly enjoy end zone cuts. Sometimes my friends share them with me.

But, our athletic department does not deem feasible or necessary. Thus I just have to hang out with the cool kids.

1 hour ago, DT said:

How fair is it to the other 280 kids in that small rural school when they see their 20 classmates go out every Friday night and get massacred 68-0?  

Do you think it ever crosses their young growing minds that maybe football just isnt a good idea at their school?  That maybe the money being spent on that football program might be better used to heat and cool the school, or pay sub teacher salaries, or pave the parking lot, or send the band to camp, or expand more ethnically appropriate sports like cross country and soccer?

Most financial people I know are very precise.  You are very sloppy.  

I don't pay taxes in Pike County, I don't live in Pike County, I don't really care about Pike County, it's not my monkey, not my circus. I do however trust that those that do know what they're doing better than I do. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I don't pay taxes in Pike County, I don't live in Pike County, I don't really care about Pike County, it's not my monkey, not my circus. I do however trust that those that do know what they're doing better than I do. 

I understand your POV.  Most people on this site follow a certain team, or a certain conference, or just like to hang out here with all the other ex jocks.

My mantra here has always been competitive balance.  Be it class structure, conference realignment, minimum participation standards, The Multiplier, or Contraction, these are all issues that deal with competitive balance.  

I would hope that you might also understand my POV.

Edited by DT

I think I made my feelings perfectly clear with my post to Muda, competitive balance is the NFL, where every team is .500+/- and it bores the hell out of me. 

You seem to think that if we contract football playing schools you're going to achieve some sort of mythical balance. Educational sports always come down to Jimmies and Joes, you either got em or you ain't. I fail to see how eliminating 40-60 football playing schools serves the purpose of "enhancing educational based sports". 

But if competitive balance is your goal, knock yourself out, but don't expect me to go along for the ride. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I think I made my feelings perfectly clear with my post to Muda, competitive balance is the NFL, where every team is .500+/- and it bores the hell out of me. 

You seem to think that if we contract football playing schools you're going to achieve some sort of mythical balance. Educational sports always come down to Jimmies and Joes, you either got em or you ain't. I fail to see how eliminating 40-60 football playing schools serves the purpose of "enhancing educational based sports". 

But if competitive balance is your goal, knock yourself out, but don't expect me to go along for the ride. 

The IHSAA is all about competitive balance.  Without it, there would be total chaos.

31 minutes ago, DT said:

The IHSAA is all about competitive balance.  Without it, there would be total chaos.

"The purpose of the IHSAA is to encourage and direct wholesome amateur athletics in the high schools of Indiana."

https://ihsaa.org/About-IHSAA/Current-Information/Purpose

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DT said:

Here's the thing, this isn't the NFL. In high school sports, the worst team doesn't get the top draft pick the following year. The team that wins state is usually going to continue to have that same pipeline of players coming up, the same football culture, and likely the same head coach. With the exception of perhaps the HC, the same can be said about the 0'fers. Does that mean teams can't change? Of course not! You can shut down as many football programs as you would like, as long as we keep score, there will always be winners, and there will always be losers. It doesn't matter how even you try to make it. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

So competitive balance among Indiana football playing high schools should be discouraged because they are not the NFL?

Yes, that's exactly what I've said. 

I'm done with this thread:

Muda, good luck getting public schools closed for good.

DT, good luck getting football schools down to the magic number. 

• Like 2