Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Is it any wonder why people don't trust the media?

ABC News airs footage of the Knob Creek Machine Gun shoot, that they obtained exclusively, and stated it was footage of Kurds being slaughtered in Syria. Just a hint would be all the people sitting in lawn chairs filming the action with their phones. The KCMC was last weekend. I've never been but it's on my bucket list. 

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/abc-news-slaughter-in-syria-footage-appears-to-come-from-a-kentucky-gun-range

• Like 1

Along these lines:  The New York Times, NBC, and Other Outlets Don't Trust You To Handle the Truth: https://reason.com/2019/10/14/the-new-york-times-nbc-and-other-outlets-dont-trust-you-to-handle-the-truth/

In the original Planet of the Apes movie (1968), the most-fascinating character is Dr. Zaius, the elitist, orangutan in chief who alone possessed the secret knowledge that (spoiler alert!) apes descended from humans. Toward the end of the film—shortly before he warns Charlton Heston's character not to search for the truth "because you may not like what you find!"—he monologues that the hoi polloi (chimps and gorillas in this case) must be shielded from certain realities lest they be driven to insanity and nihilism.

The legacy media are having their Dr. Zaius moment, paternalistically shielding their infantile audience (read: you and me) from ugly images and realities. This is not simply a revolting development but a deeply troubling one that will only accelerate the ongoing loss of confidence and trust the public has in media. According to polling done for the Columbia Journalism Review, fewer than 20 percent of us have a "great deal of confidence" in the press. The only institution held in lower esteem is Congress.

Yet the media seem happy to keep digging their own grave. Yesterday, for instance, The New York Times reported on what it called a "macabre video of [a] fake Trump shooting media and critics" that was shown at a conference held at one of the president's own properties (Trump had nothing to do with the conference or the video, which the White House has condemned). You'd assume the paper would link to or embed the video in support of its characterization. But it refused to, even as it's safe to say that it was the Times' coverage that helped bring the video to a large viewing audience (that's how I learned about it). Instead, it described the video, which was included in an exhibition of videos associated with pro-Trump "memesmith" Carpe Donktum, thus:

The video, which includes the logo for Mr. Trump's 2020 re-election campaign, comprises a series of internet memes. The most violent clip shows Mr. Trump's head superimposed on the body of a man opening fire inside the "Church of Fake News" on parishioners who have the faces of his critics or the logos of media organizations superimposed on their bodies. It appears to be an edited scene of a church massacre from the 2014 dark comedy film "Kingsman: The Secret Service."

Here's the video that the Times was quick to write about but refused to link to in its online coverage (forget about embedding!). Decide for yourself is this is too much for regular folks to handle:

The video, which was originally posted to YouTube over a year ago, had virtually no views until the Times' coverage; as of this writing, it had more than 136,000 views on the channel above and has been viewed millions more times in various YouTube and Twitter iterations. The Times' leadership seems more than willing to grab readers' eyeballs by talking about the video, but they are not willing to provide readers with easy access to the offending material.

• Disdain 1

I have intimate knowledge of two major news stories in southern Indiana, one of which garnered some national media coverage. I was stunned and amazed at the amount of misinformation and rumors, dare I say outright lies, that were broadcast from "credible" news sources in both of these situations. Especially in the case of "breaking news", I believe NOTHING that is reported by the press. 

1 hour ago, Impartial_Observer said:

ABC News airs footage of the Knob Creek Machine Gun shoot, that they obtained exclusively, and stated it was footage of Kurds being slaughtered in Syria. Just a hint would be all the people sitting in lawn chairs filming the action with their phones. The KCMC was last weekend. I've never been but it's on my bucket list. 

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/abc-news-slaughter-in-syria-footage-appears-to-come-from-a-kentucky-gun-range

Been there at Knob Hill once - Worth it.  (Take ear plugs, though - the first live fire when your not expecting it will definitely get your attention and your hearing)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Video showing a group of grown black men harassing the Covington Catholics youths at a Right To Life Rally and the Native American left wing activist approaching the kids to get in their faces while beating his drum.

CNN is a primary source of news for the some of the GID self proclaimed "deep thinkers". LOL!

Libtards are easily manipulated, gullible fools.