Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Gibson Southern @ Southridge

This is the last time these two teams will meet under the "old" PAC structure.  Even though SR will be in the PAC small division next season and GS in the large division, it has been reported that they will meet as a "cross-over" game next season.  SR had beaten GS nine seasons in a row before the current GS run of defeating SR six consecutive seasons.  Since the opening of GS in 1974, Southridge leads series 20-13.

Gibson Southern (6-2) at Southridge (7-1)
GAME TIME: 7:30 pm ET, Raider Field.
COACHES: Nick Hart, 82-14 in 8th year at Gibson Southern. Scott Buening, 65-20 in 7th year at Southridge, 77-48 in 11th year overall.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Gibson Southern, 62.62, 81st overall, 9th in 3A. Southridge, 60.38, 92nd overall, 12th in 3A.
LAST OUTING: Gibson Southern defeated Tell City, 37-0. Southridge defeated Pike Central, 70-3.
VS. COMMON FOES: Gibson Southern 5-1; Southridge 5-1.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Gibson Southern 28-36. Southridge 32-31.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Southridge, 18-9
LAST MEETING: Gibson Southern, 31-14, Oct. 12, 2018.

All-time Series:
Southridge vs. Gibson Southern

Date   Result   Series
10-11-1974 Southridge 6 - 20 Gibson Southern 0-1
10-10-1975 Southridge 8 - 16 Gibson Southern 0-2
10-22-1976 Southridge 16 - 14 Gibson Southern 1-2
10-21-1977 Southridge 14 - 21 Gibson Southern 1-3
10-20-1978 Southridge 26 - 6 Gibson Southern 2-3
10-19-1979 Southridge 0 - 3 Gibson Southern 2-4
10-15-1993 Southridge 12 - 33 Gibson Southern 2-5
10-14-1994 Southridge 27 - 14 Gibson Southern 3-5
10-13-1995 Southridge 14 - 6 Gibson Southern 4-5
10-11-1996 Southridge 28 - 16 Gibson Southern 5-5
10-25-1996 Southridge 14 - 0 Gibson Southern 6-5
10-17-1997 Southridge 26 - 0 Gibson Southern 7-5
10-16-1998 Southridge 19 - 28 Gibson Southern 7-6
10-15-1999 Southridge 35 - 0 Gibson Southern 8-6
10-13-2000 Southridge 27 - 7 Gibson Southern 9-6
10-12-2001 Southridge 28 - 21 Gibson Southern 10-6
10-18-2002 Southridge 52 - 0 Gibson Southern 11-6
10-17-2003 Southridge 0 - 33 Gibson Southern 11-7
10-15-2004 Southridge 32 - 15 Gibson Southern 12-7
10-14-2005 Southridge 20 - 7 Gibson Southern 13-7
10-13-2006 Southridge 42 - 6 Gibson Southern 14-7
10-12-2007 Southridge 40 - 14 Gibson Southern 15-7
10-17-2008 Southridge 26 - 0 Gibson Southern 16-7
10-16-2009 Southridge 34 - 0 Gibson Southern 17-7
10-15-2010 Southridge 42 - 21 Gibson Southern 18-7
10-14-2011 Southridge 37 - 26 Gibson Southern 19-7
10-12-2012 Southridge 35 - 21 Gibson Southern 20-7
10-18-2013 Southridge 21 - 31 Gibson Southern 20-8
10-17-2014 Southridge 0 - 41 Gibson Southern 20-9
10-16-2015 Southridge 0 - 50 Gibson Southern 20-10
10-14-2016 Southridge 35 - 38 Gibson Southern 20-11
10-13-2017 Southridge 14 - 55 Gibson Southern 20-12
10-12-2018 Southridge 14 - 31 Gibson Southern 20-13

It's about time!!!  I cannot believe it took until Tuesday afternoon to get this one going!!  Seeing both teams play it will be an interesting match up I believe.  SR seems kind of under sized up front this year, but they get off the ball extremely well, both on the O-line and D-line.  Both SR lines are well coached and get after it.  SR has a very good triple threat offensive running game.  Honestly not sure if the SR DB's, across the board, can run with the wideouts from GS.  GS is GS, their tempo and scoring ability are at another level.  They have good team speed, and are always on attack mode.  The defense will be key this week, will they step it up??

I honestly think this game is a hard one to predict.  If SR controls the ball and the clock and grinds out some possessions it could be a good night for the Raiders.  If GS gets seven, eight , nine possessions or more then it's all Titans!  Either way I am expecting to very well coached teams to lay it out there on Friday to ensure good vibes heading into tournament time!!

53 minutes ago, reitzguy said:

Thats the good thing about being in the SIAC. You see real football, 

Yeah...now that's funny!!  I'll bite.  Reitz fans have had the privilege of watching opposing teams carry real footballs  into the end zone all year!!!  Beat Harrison and Bosse.  Please.  SIAC should be changed to the BIG 3.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Patriot 74 said:

Yeah...now that's funny!!  I'll bite.  Reitz fans have had the privilege of watching opposing teams carry real footballs  into the end zone all year!!!  Beat Harrison and Bosse.  Please.  SIAC should be changed to the BIG 3.  

Never even mentioned Reitz in my statement. Let me clarify a little, I am talking only about offense. I would much rather go see an SIAC and even the old Big 8 over going to a game between teams that only run the wing t. If it were so great more D1 teams would use it. You dont see many D1’s recruting wing t kids. Real offensive football= mixture of run and pass. I love wide open football

are we even convinced the SIAC is producing significantly more division 1 football players? 

I mean....

Mark Doyle OL for Heritage Hills

Ben Butler WR for GIbson southern

Brady Allen QB for Gibson Southern 

are 3 current PAC players being looked at by division 1 schools that I know of and I’m sure there are a number of others

HH has a number who have made it to the NFL and probably many more who finished in college 

i don’t know man....I feel like colleges recruit based on character and athleticism.  I know the SIAC has produced tons of talent but i really don’t think it has much to do with the scheme the coaches run as opposed to the individual themselves.  HH is a big statement to that by themselves with the alumni they have for a small school of 600 out and away from metropolitan areas. 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

are we even convinced the SIAC is producing significantly more division 1 football players? 

I mean....

Mark Doyle OL for Heritage Hills

Ben Butler WR for GIbson southern

Brady Allen QB for Gibson Southern 

are 3 current PAC players being looked at by division 1 schools that I know of and I’m sure there are a number of others

HH has a number who have made it to the NFL and probably many more who finished in college 

i don’t know man....I feel like colleges recruit based on character and athleticism.  I know the SIAC has produced tons of talent but i really don’t think it has much to do with the scheme the coaches run as opposed to the individual themselves.  HH is a big statement to that by themselves with the alumni they have for a small school of 600 out and away from metropolitan areas. 

Hmm kind of prooves my point a little bit one is a lineman and the other two play in the wide open pro style offense that mix it up between the run and pass.

Not going to get into this pissing match. What an asinine statement. You do what works well for you and your program. Not entirely sure but last I checked- SR has held up pretty well against MD- which in most years carries itself pretty well in the SIAC. Move on troll- nothing to see here.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Are we convinced the number of D1 players produced is really the proper measure?  GS, Southridge, Central and Memorial have all had a lot of very good teams recently, but I don't recall more than a few D1 players.  Those schools have all had a good number of kids play D2, D3, NAIA, not to mention other rare and worthwhile pursuits (studying for seminary, attending service academies, etc.). 

12 hours ago, Titan20 said:

Now that Lindauer is gone....let me know SIAC gets a QB.  Maybe some teams ought to try the wing T.

You sure seem to have an odd fixation, which is surprising considering Lindauer was a great 3 sport player and even better kid.  Plus, he was a big part of a lot of kids getting state championship rings and having memories that will last a long time.  And by the way, we still have a pretty good QB....   

11 hours ago, jets said:

You do what works well for you and your program.

No disagreement with that statement.  That is the beauty of HS football.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, tango said:

Are we convinced the number of D1 players produced is really the proper measure?  GS, Southridge, Central and Memorial have all had a lot of very good teams recently, but I don't recall more than a few D1 players.  Those schools have all had a good number of kids play D2, D3, NAIA, not to mention other rare and worthwhile pursuits (studying for seminary, attending service academies

This is kinda what I’m getting at. We shouldn’t say some teams play “real” football and others don’t based on scheme. And even more, to base that position on the number of division 1 athletes is kinda absurd. 

I only mentioned it as to play devils advocate and say “well even if we were to say college offers determined this, I don’t think there is that big of a difference from the SIAC to the PAC/Big 8/other area conferences”. 

great players on great teams get noticed...and there are a lot of great teams in high school running the wing T and bone  

• Like 1

I don't get involved in a lot of this silly banter, but I can assure you that college coaches could give a rip about the style of offense that a school runs.  Size, Speed, and other measurables, combined with many intangible things like character are the only things any coaches are worried about.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, eschnur66 said:

I don't get involved in a lot of this silly banter, but I can assure you that college coaches could give a rip about the style of offense that a school runs.  Size, Speed, and other measurables, combined with many intangible things like character are the only things any coaches are worried about.

Spot on

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 2017statechamps said:

Speaking of proving points, Cutler ran what offense at HH before being a starting QB in the NFL?  Oh yes, the BONE!

Check the film. In 2000 in the playoffs, he mostly ran a mixed offense with about 30 percent out of the wishbone and 70 percent shotgun (ask Roncalli). He had receivers to throw to who chose not to play college in D2 or even D1. 

At Vandy, he threw effectively on the move, which is why only Shanahan understood that he wasn't a true pocket passer. Closer to Tebow than Breese. 

3 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Check the film. In 2000 in the playoffs, he mostly ran a mixed offense with about 30 percent out of the wishbone and 70 percent shotgun (ask Roncalli). He had receivers to throw to who chose not to play college in D2 or even D1. 

At Vandy, he threw effectively on the move, which is why only Shanahan understood that he wasn't a true pocket passer. Closer to Tebow than Breese. 

Against Roncalli he had a bad sprained ankle and only practiced 2 days ,the coaches   added a  new set of plays because of the ankle.

cutler2.JPG