Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Gibson Southern @ Southridge

From someone with no dog in the fight.  This looks like a tough one to call.  Both teams lost to HH by 35 points.  Both teams are 5 - 1 against common opponents.  GS is 9th in the 3A Sags (62.62) while SR is 12th (60.38).  GS's other loss is a road game by only 8 points to 6A Southport (6 - 2).   Harrell predicts GS will win by 4 points.  Since it is so close, I'll go with the home cookin', and take Southridge.  Would this be considered a "mild" upset?  Just wondering.

47 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

From someone with no dog in the fight.  This looks like a tough one to call.  Both teams lost to HH by 35 points.  Both teams are 5 - 1 against common opponents.  GS is 9th in the 3A Sags (62.62) while SR is 12th (60.38).  GS's other loss is a road game by only 8 points to 6A Southport (6 - 2).   Harrell predicts GS will win by 4 points.  Since it is so close, I'll go with the home cookin', and take Southridge.  Would this be considered a "mild" upset?  Just wondering.

I would say a very "mild" upset at most... only because Southridge is a 2A school according to enrollment (Success factor bumps them up). GS has 200+ more students in their school as Southridge is the smallest 3A football school in the state. That is where I would give the "Edge" to GS.

54 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

SR had 182 yard of offense and 2 turnovers against HH.  GS had 405 yards of offense and 4 turnovers.  I would upgrade that win to "regular" upset.

7 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

SR had 182 yard of offense and 2 turnovers against HH.  GS had 405 yards of offense and 4 turnovers.  I would upgrade that win to "regular" upset.

Styles make fights.  It's always hard to compare opponents in my opinion.  

In this matchup though, I like GS to win tonight.  Coach Hart and GS seem to have Southridge's number, even in years like 2017.

We have to catch and hold onto the ball tonight like we were earlier in the season.   If this happens we will be ok.  If not, it’s gonna be a long night.  Furthermore moving forward in the playoffs we MUST do the same or we could be one and done.  I’m sorry for the negativity but we need to get it together.  Our Seniors need to step up and make it happen.  I love GS football, the coaching staff and the players.  I’m sure it’s been addressed all week.  I guess I’m just venting my frustration.  I apologize.  

43 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I’m kinda in shock. GS had no business winning it but found some magic.

to hit an 82 yards pass and catch with 12.5 seconds left and get the 2 for the win...unreal 

Haha yeah. I was checking In on Scorestream and thought it was over. Crazy. 

Just a preview to Sectional 32.

On 10/18/2019 at 9:55 AM, itiswhatitis said:

Almost called that one!  Southridge ends their season the same way it started with late fourth quarter games.  They won that opening game in the fourth quarter and then lost the last one in the fourth quarter.  Football is a crazy game sometimes.