Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Conference Indiana Remake Should Include Expansion to Lafayette/Kokomo

Guest DT

13 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Aside from the obvious reality that Heritage Christian and Covenant Christian are in the CCC and such a merger would leave them out in the cold, a CCC/CI merger would force a 9 game conference season.  

I think a 9 game conference season is problematic.  I can’t imagine a Chatard season without a Cathedral game just as CN people can’t imagine not playing CE.  

I admit, it appeals to me personally but right now the CCC and the CI have the best of both worlds.  The irony is that Chatard, this year, plays as many games against CI teams as against CCC teams.

The merged CI/CCC can create their own bylaws.  If they want to leave one or two weeks open for non con, they can do that.  Nobody forces the 10 school SAC to play a full round robin.  They choose to do so.  If they wanted to play non con, they would simply put it to a vote and change the bylaws.

Up until a few years ago, The DAC played a double round robin home and home basketball schedule.  The schools got tired of it and cut down to a single round robin, as they were seeing the same schools in the post season for the third time.

Leagues can do whatever they want, based on majority vote of their members.

30 minutes ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

Attendance certainly already struggles, but I don’t see neutral sites being a viable option, because keep in mind, Saturday games at places such as Carmel aren’t going to be an option.  JV/Freshman games, then our marching band always uses this as a rehearsal facility for a few hours as well.  If you’re going to tell the current 3-time National Champions they can’t use their football stadium for a neutral site game between Lafayette Jeff and Bloomington South, yikes I can’t imagine the war.

LOL   We can go down the road to Marian University and play at their facility while the team is on the road.  

1 minute ago, DanteEstonia said:

The only alignment for Conference Indiana that has any long-term viability:

Terre Haute North 

Terre Haute South

Northview

Martinsville

BHSS

BHSN

BNL

Edgewood could be a great 8th member.

Martinsville has a slot in probably the most evenly balanced and competitive conference in the state.  They aren't going anywhere.

BNL is a fixture in the Hoosier Hills.  Untouchable.  

14 hours ago, DT said:

East will not be invited.  Commissioner DT makes the call on all invites.  

The CN-CE rivalry ends with this conf realignment.  

Ok then I’m not buying in, without the the Most successful program in recent history, in south central Indiana.   

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, southend said:

Ok then I’m not buying in, without the the Most successful program in recent history, in south central Indiana.   

CE has a home in the Hoosier Hills.   Are they unhappy there?

16 hours ago, DT said:

Terre Haute South

Terre Haute North

Bloomington South

Bloomington North

Southport

Columbus North

Kokomo

McCutcheon

Lafayette Harrison

Lafayette Jefferson

Your New Conference Indiana

North / South Divisions  ?   Week 9 crossover?   See Hoosier Conference and make it work

Problem is who would be the 5th member of the North?   Southport but Lafayette to South Indy is a haul..... 

13 minutes ago, DT said:

CE has a home in the Hoosier Hills.   Are they unhappy there?

Hoosier Hills has had the same conference champion every year, and Columbus east would like a conference that could at least give them a challenge every few years. 

Not that CE is unhappy, and I think the CI teams welcome good competition. And I think Columbus North blocked  CE out of CI. 

26 minutes ago, BLKnights7 said:

That 2 hour drive for kokomo to Bloomington/terre haute would be terrible. Otherwise I like the conference scenario 

Neutral site games in Indy will reduce travel

30 minutes ago, southend said:

Hoosier Hills has had the same conference champion every year, and Columbus east would like a conference that could at least give them a challenge every few years. 

Not that CE is unhappy, and I think the CI teams welcome good competition. And I think Columbus North blocked  CE out of CI. 

CE belongs in Mid State if they could somehow get accepted

Along with New Pal

Rensselaer has been travelling in the Hoosier conference since 2001 to the following places during our tenure:

Hamilton Heights

Sheridan

Tipton

Western

Northwestern 

Some trips are 1;45 to 2 hours.   

I remember Volleyball playing 2 games on a Saturday back in the day with Sheridan/Tipton, knock out 2 for 1 day deal.   

We absolutely LOVE it.   

1 hour ago, BLKnights7 said:

That 2 hour drive for kokomo to Bloomington/terre haute would be terrible. Otherwise I like the conference scenario 

Meh, NCC schools are used to long travel times.  It's two hours from Kokomo to Richmond, 2.5 hours from Logansport to Richmond.

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Meh, NCC schools are used to long travel times.  It's two hours from Kokomo to Richmond, 2.5 hours from Logansport to Richmond.

Kokomo vs Bloomington at Warren Central on a Saturday afternoon. 

2 hours ago, BLKnights7 said:

You're in luck!  I recall a poster from the Lafayette are said the ADs don't want anything to do with the Hautians...

1 minute ago, Muda69 said:

Kokomo fans don't tend to travel far from their home tavern.  Just saying........................

I know. 400 people at a high school football game would be a travesty, especially at neutral site. Has disaster written all over it. 

1 minute ago, Gipper said:

Possibly, but isn't Warren on the East side--how convenient is that to the major roads? 

It's right off 70, very accessible. Both schools would be losing money after costs to rent Warren Central's field with that kind of attendance.