Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

CIC week 9

I started this week's thread just so I can be the first to say MG is about to go on a 3 game winning streak!  The Taylor round 1 sectional draw is such a blessing for this program.

I think OH has a good shot at winning Friday against Alex and would not be surprised if they did.

I'm hoping my Eagles can keep it close at MG but honestly I stopped caring about this Frankton season after week 1.

Eastbrook @ Elwood..............  Can the coaches and officials just agree to have a running clock for the whole game prior to the kickoff?

Can the Bruins lead for 2 quarters again this week when hosting the River Rats?  Nope, Ole Miss by 28. 

I think Alexandria wins in a close hard fought battle. Alex has one player coming back from injury.  7-14pts

Mg wins in a quick game all run. 7-14pts

Eastbrook will play alot of younger players and rest starters most of the game. 56pts

Ole Miss is playing well and do not feel blackford has the speed to stay with them. 21-28pts

Good luck and good health to all this week!

I agree with your Madison-Grant statement.  I think it’s a good possibility that Madison-Grant could play for a sectional championship this year.  I think the Alexandria game will be close and could go either way.  If the Alexandria defense doesn’t improve greatly they will lose Friday night.  Hopefully Eastbrook can stay healthy this week, they have a great chance to make another deep run in the tournament.  Good luck to them!  Mississinewa and Blackford don’t have much to play for.  It seems that both teams have a huge up hill climb in order to bring home any hardware this year!  Oak Hill has a chance at a sectional title if they can get healthy and tighten up their defense.  Time will tell.

Oak Hill @ Alex - This is going to be a really close game especially if Alex can’t get the defense on track. Give me Alex in a close one 28-24 

Eastbrook @ Elwood - Eastbrook may score 100!!

Frankton @ MG - Mg wins again this week and I think they will win handily. MG 35-14. I agree MG’s sectional draw was a huge blessing and huge for the program! MG wins 4 in a row and will play for a sectional championship and will have their first sectional victory since 2011. Huge for MG. 

Ole Miss @ Blackford - I believe Blackford can keep this close for awhile and will do that but Ole Miss pulls away in the second half. Ole Miss by 14-20 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, captainobvious said:

How is Blackford’s QB??  I heard he had a torn ACL and was out for the rest of the season.  Is that true??

Hope not for him! Kid is a good athlete. That plays 3 sports. Prayers for him!

Oak Hill and Alex--Oak Hill has had up and downs all season.  Alex got an old fashioned beating last week after getting a beat down the week before.  Oak Hill may have the edge on this one on paper but Alex has a lot of talent that is out to prove themselves on Senior Night.  Alex pulls out a close one this week

MG and Frankton--MG goes on a winning streak this week and hands Frankton another loss

Eastbrook and Elwood--Is there any question on this one?  Question is will Elwood score?  Doubt if they do as the running clock begins after the 1st quarter

Mississinewa and Blackford--Mississinewa is coming off a great offensive week with over 400 yards rushing against Alex.  Blackford had Eastbrook scared the first half last week and forgot how to play the second half. This week Blackford tries to jump out quick but gets shut down as Mississinewa runs away with it this week.

As far as Sectionals go:

Mississinewa has a tough road to just to make the Sectional Championship

MG may very well win the sectional and at very least play for the title.

Oak Hill depending on which Oak Hill team decides to show up depends on how far they go in the Sectional

Eastbrook will make the Sectional Championship game and will probably go on beyond that but the Sectional is no cakewalk.

Alex and Blackford could make some noise in the Sectional but may struggle due to injuries

Elwood is planning for next year already and hope to win 1 game next year

Frankton is warming up the bus for basketball

1 hour ago, Indiansreloaded said:

Oak Hill and Alex--Oak Hill has had up and downs all season.  Alex got an old fashioned beating last week after getting a beat down the week before.  Oak Hill may have the edge on this one on paper but Alex has a lot of talent that is out to prove themselves on Senior Night.  Alex pulls out a close one this week

MG and Frankton--MG goes on a winning streak this week and hands Frankton another loss

Eastbrook and Elwood--Is there any question on this one?  Question is will Elwood score?  Doubt if they do as the running clock begins after the 1st quarter

Mississinewa and Blackford--Mississinewa is coming off a great offensive week with over 400 yards rushing against Alex.  Blackford had Eastbrook scared the first half last week and forgot how to play the second half. This week Blackford tries to jump out quick but gets shut down as Mississinewa runs away with it this week.

As far as Sectionals go:

Mississinewa has a tough road to just to make the Sectional Championship

MG may very well win the sectional and at very least play for the title.

Oak Hill depending on which Oak Hill team decides to show up depends on how far they go in the Sectional

Eastbrook will make the Sectional Championship game and will probably go on beyond that but the Sectional is no cakewalk.

Alex and Blackford could make some noise in the Sectional but may struggle due to injuries

Elwood is planning for next year already and hope to win 1 game next year

Frankton is warming up the bus for basketball

You do realize that Blackford plays Eastbrook in the first round, don’t you?

19 hours ago, captainobvious said:

How is Blackford’s QB??  I heard he had a torn ACL and was out for the rest of the season.  Is that true??

Just saw in the Pick' em that somebody said he is out for the season.  Not sure what the injury is.  Hope for a speedy recovery to that young man....

On 10/17/2019 at 11:18 PM, captainobvious said:

You do realize that Blackford plays Eastbrook in the first round, don’t you?

I keep thinking Blackford is 3A forgot they moved back down to 2A with the realignment.  With that said wonder if Blackford will lead at halftime in the rematch?  With the injuries Blackford is going to struggle to lead at all.

On October 17, 2019 at 7:45 PM, captainobvious said:

It is a MCL no surgery required. Not quire as bad as ACL I hear no basketball with Baseball very questionable.

if he can't play Baseball it will destroy Blackford's chance at having a decent team. He is. a great catcher who has already committed to Eastern Illinos to play Baseball.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1