Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

CONGRATS Coach Mike Goebel

Mike Goebel is the epitome of class in Indiana HS sports... Football and wrestling. 

Bravo. Can't wait until you and your team team return to The Jungle with the (not your) cadre of lunatics. 

Nothing but respect from Heritage Hills, football and wrestling, to Mater Dei and Coach Goebel. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Mike Goebel is the epitome of class in Indiana HS sports... Football and wrestling. 

Bravo. Can't wait until you and your team team return to The Jungle with the (not your) cadre of lunatics. 

Nothing but respect from Heritage Hills, football and wrestling, to Mater Dei and Coach Goebel. 

Thought I would give credit where it is due by starting this topic. Personally I have never met the man, but if MD and Linton meet in the second round of the sectional,  maybe I'll get the opportunity to say hello.  Have met several coaches over the years.  Always glad to put a face with a name.  The majority of them have been cordial even when meeting a fan (me) of the opposite team.  Have even had a few invites from coaches to stand on the sidelines with the team for other games on their schedules (not Linton of course).  LOL 

Edited by itiswhatitis

9 hours ago, superjay said:

I wish I could see that game.  I know Linton travels well.  Could be a packed night at the Reitz Bowl.

Linton does indeed travel well.  Great community support for the team.  I believe by the current sags (and home field points) MD would be a 7 point favorite to win. I've always heard great things about the Reitz Bowl so I hope I get to experience it for myself.

17 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

Thought I would give credit where it is due by starting this topic. Personally I have never met the man, but if MD and Linton meet in the second round of the sectional,  maybe I'll get the opportunity to say hello.  Have met several coaches over the years.  Always glad to put a face with a name.  The majority of them have been cordial even when meeting a fan (me) of the opposite team.  Have even had a few invites from coaches to stand on the sidelines with the team for other games on their schedules (not Linton of course).  LOL 

LOL.  if you meet him before the game, don't expect a lot of jovial banter.  Mike gets pretty intense, to say the least.  I remember a few years back I said "good luck Mike" as they were getting off the bus at Enlow and he said "You don't mean that" and kept walking.  It was pretty funny.     

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tango said:

LOL.  if you meet him before the game, don't expect a lot of jovial banter.  Mike gets pretty intense, to say the least.  I remember a few years back I said "good luck Mike" as they were getting off the bus at Enlow and he said "You don't mean that" and kept walking.  It was pretty funny.     

He's a gamer for sure. But when the outcome is decided he'll be the first in line to wish you future success.