Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Lowest Points Scored for Year

I was looking at Shelbyville's game results this year and they have scored a total of 7 points for eight games. Assuming they will not score more than a TD or two Friday, will they be the team that has scored the least amount of points for any regular season?

I thought they used to be a decent program. Other than coach change two years ago, what else is going on down there? 

18 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

Ihsaa.org or google.com can answer your question if you are really interested.  Thanks. 

I'm too lazy to look up, thought one you so called "experts" would know this off the top of your head. 

1 hour ago, psaboy said:

I'm too lazy to look up, thought one you so called "experts" would know this off the top of your head. 

The team is in contraction formation, quite the opposite of victory formation. I would say when they don’t have a team anymore would be the ultimate low scoring season. 

Edited by Olympian06
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

The team is in contraction formation, quite the opposite of victory formation. I would say when they don’t have a team anymore would be the ultimate low scoring season. 

They will not disappear in the near future, maybe in 15-20 years, expect some will also follow. The world is changing on many fronts, kind of scary IMO.

Could be progress or the demise of the human race??

Amazing how some people have no clue how tough these kids are.  They have not quit one time this year and going into sectional, they won't start now. These are still kids we are talking about.  I know it gives some people a chance to come on here and bash kids and point out their flaws.  These kids work hard, these kids fight.  But the people in charge of this thing has his boys and they are allowed to say whatever they want.  I am proud of them because they believe in each other when everyone else does not.  That is what football is really about, the family around you .  

• Like 4

6 hours ago, BearsGold55 said:

Amazing how some people have no clue how tough these kids are.  They have not quit one time this year and going into sectional, they won't start now. These are still kids we are talking about.  I know it gives some people a chance to come on here and bash kids and point out their flaws.  These kids work hard, these kids fight.  But the people in charge of this thing has his boys and they are allowed to say whatever they want.  I am proud of them because they believe in each other when everyone else does not.  That is what football is really about, the family around you .  

I wasn't bashing at all. I was just curious what the lowest team points scored was for any given season. I hope the program can turn around, I for one think this whole 
"contraction" stuff is good fodder, but things change year over year and high school football will remain strong for many years to come.