Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Representative Elijah Cummings passes away

Irishman

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/10/17/elijah-cummings-dies-baltimore/
I have taken some time to read more about Mr. Cummings. I may not have agreed with much of what he said, and some of it was pretty off the wall stuff, I think we still cannot forget what men like him lived through in this country. I give people like him a little more leeway as far as their stances on issues go. I cannot even begin to imagine the world he was a part of. He, along with so many others were beaten, bruised, and bloodied for taking a stand. And I think his passing is worth noting here. RIP Mr. Cummings. 

I find it hard to imagine what he went through in his younger days as a black man in the South.  I lost a ton of respect for him when my former CEO was in front of congress during the FEMA "toxic trailers" debacle with Harry Waxman (where now FEMA has NO easily moveable  trailers in reserve, nor does the industry EVER want to build anymore for FEMA since they are now so overly regulated) when the heavily partisan Rep. Cummings spent his entire questioning lambasting a private family business owner for "making a profit on the backs of the poor impoverished people of New Orleans".  His statements and questions were so demeaning and irrelevant to the actual topic.......SF never forgave him....... 

RIP Rep. Cummings......

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2019 at 1:30 PM, gonzoron said:

Not that much different than Goshen:

Image result for abandoned building in Goshen Indiana

Yup. 

Mississippi, Louisiana, West Virginia, Arkansas, Kentucky, Alabama, Oklahoma, and South Carolina...are 8 of the poorest states in the US... What do they have in common? All Republican strong hold states. 

5 hours ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

Yup. 

Mississippi, Louisiana, West Virginia, Arkansas, Kentucky, Alabama, Oklahoma, and South Carolina...are 8 of the poorest states in the US... What do they have in common? All Republican strong hold states. 

In the last 100 years, there have been 17 D governors in KY, compared to 6 R’s. There have only been two R’s since 1971. The D’s stronghold on the KY governor’s mansion I assumed was pretty common knowledge, I guess not.