Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Heritage Should Ask New Pal to Leave

Guest DT

They don't need to leave the HHC because more sports than football exist and the best fit for the majority of New Pal's student athletes is competing in the HHC.  They have been on a very good run on the football field in recent years, and I agree it is not in their best interests to play football games against HHC opponents based off scores since Kyle Ralph has been there.  However, Mt. Vernon, Delta, Pendleton, Yorktown scores vs New Pal are lopsided but no worse than what a Warren Central or Carmel has done in recent years in the MIC. The other schools are the issue...they have zero chance to be competitive versus a program like Ralph has built.

Can't penalize New Pal student-athletes for playing the schedule in front of them.  And these things go in trends....New Pal will likely continue to be an upper-tier 4A/5A program...playing in a conference comprised of 1 3A school and 6 4A schools (GC is right on the line I think).  If they choose to seek a different conference, then that is their decision, but I don't think they should be forced out by any means...to suggest as much is simply illogical.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, irishuncle411 said:

They don't need to leave the HHC because more sports than football exist and the best fit for the majority of New Pal's student athletes is competing in the HHC.  They have been on a very good run on the football field in recent years, and I agree it is not in their best interests to play football games against HHC opponents based off scores since Kyle Ralph has been there.  However, Mt. Vernon, Delta, Pendleton, Yorktown scores vs New Pal are lopsided but no worse than what a Warren Central or Carmel has done in recent years in the MIC. The other schools are the issue...they have zero chance to be competitive versus a program like Ralph has built.

Can't penalize New Pal student-athletes for playing the schedule in front of them.  And these things go in trends....New Pal will likely continue to be an upper-tier 4A/5A program...playing in a conference comprised of 1 3A school and 6 4A schools (GC is right on the line I think).  If they choose to seek a different conference, then that is their decision, but I don't think they should be forced out by any means...to suggest as much is simply illogical.

I were wouldn’t lose any sleep over it.  I guess there are conspiracy theorists in addition to fans here...

5 hours ago, indycoach10 said:

These topics are getting old and are on replay. Same things have been said about NP for years. We are doing everything we can to compete and are gaining ground. This team and last year's team are just unbelievably good. MV freshman beat NP freshman this year and they will be losing Charlie Spegal, Kyle King, and Maxen Hook. They are right where they should be in the HHC. 

With the last name hook. They can't lose Haaa (i share the same surname)

11 hours ago, crimsonace1 said:

Mt. Vernon hired coaches from the MIC

10 hours ago, CoachVeatch said:

Apparently DT has never seen Mount Vernon's indoor turf field facility . And who the HC is....no commitment to football....you're made of spare parts aren't ya bud? 

@DT has never respected Mike Kirschner. Never.

10 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

@DT has never respected Mike Kirschner. Never.

Has double standard for BD is hypocritical.

Never gave Coach K his due under the grounds of, “anyone can win at BD with their numbers and talent”, yet is constantly looking for and suggesting BD’s replacement. He doesn’t get it, never will.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2019 at 11:27 AM, Olympian06 said:

If Columbus East hasn’t been kicked out of the HHC, don’t think New Pal is getting the boot. New Pal is only like a 49 game conference win streak... Columbus East is at 101 game conference win streak. Just don’t see a 7 year streak getting someone a boot. 

this ^^^

• Like 1