Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Would you support GID conversion to $20 annual fee paysite?

Guest DT

TA's vision was always to keep this a free forum and an open community and that will always be the case. This was, is and always will be his. Voluntary contributions are always better than mandatory contributions. In hoops, after Hickory Husker went pay-only for the forums, most have migrated to Harrell's free boards for basketball discussion. Likely would happen here, too. 

If you feel like you can do things better, start your own competing site. Wait, you tried that. It failed. You then came crawling back here and have repeatedly tried to take over this one. 

• Thanks 2
  • Disdain 1

Of course I would....I mean I already do and always try to do more. But i could also lose alot of good content from the people who wouldnt so I can see both sides. Speaking of.....these ads are getting on my nerves...😉

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

just so everyone is clear

1)  Not looking into this in any capacity 

2)  We are not sending out distress calls on the financial end of the site 

This is just 1 member high horse he continues to ride, when we let him ride in our community 

In the interest of full disclosure, who exactly are the "we" you are referring to?  Who currently makes up the GID brain trust?

54 minutes ago, crimsonace1 said:

TA's vision was always to keep this a free forum and an open community and that will always be the case. This was, is and always will be his. Voluntary contributions are always better than mandatory contributions. In hoops, after Hickory Husker went pay-only for the forums, most have migrated to Harrell's free boards for basketball discussion. Likely would happen here, too. 

If you feel like you can do things better, start your own competing site. Wait, you tried that. It failed. You then came crawling back here and have repeatedly tried to take over this one. 

There is no attempt here to storm the gates, conduct a military coup, or otherwise overthrow the braintrust of The GID.

I simply see this point in time as a pivot point for The Digest.

Given the shutdown, significant loss of membership, and new cost burdens associated with the hardware and software makeovers, all options should be considered.

Should the site go the pay route, I would consider being an investor, as long as there is potential ROI to be realized at some point.

But that takes strategic business and marketing oriented thinking, which I have in abundant supply.

Just my 2 cents worth.  I figure after 15 years and tens of thousands of posts, I've earned the right.  😀

11 minutes ago, DT said:

Just my 2 cents worth.  I figure after 15 years and tens of thousands of posts, I've earned the right.  😀

Agreed.   The late, great Tim Adams once said to me in a PM, and I paraphrase, "People with strong/contrary opinions, like you and DrivenT , help drive traffic to the GID and therefore valuable discussions."

• Thanks 1
  • Disdain 1