Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Center Grove @ Columbus East

5 minutes ago, cg_holmeaid said:

So you were the Twitter troll huh? No harsh feelings

I wasn’t the twitter troll, but I was commenting on that post and read your exchange. I didn’t think anything bad was said. 
Lots of people on here are also on Twitter. 

Edited by Olympian06

But back to the original topic,

Don’t know that much about CE, but I have heard that they have some studs that are getting looks from D1 schools. I’ll go CG 17-10, but wouldn’t be surprised if this game went down to the wire. This’ll be a good one to watch

Edited by cg_holmeaid

16 minutes ago, cg_holmeaid said:

But back to the original topic,

Don’t know that much about CE, but I have heard that they have some studs that are getting looks from D1 schools. I’ll go CG 17-10, but wouldn’t be surprised if this game went down to the wire. This’ll be a good one to watch

I think it will be a close game. I could see CG winning by 2 scores. I would be surprised if they blew East out.

28 minutes ago, CaptainHook said:

@Staxawax sources are solid, from what I've heard

Guess I need to dig out and review my notes from my “Coach Speak 101” course.

Moore stated on Lovell’s post game call in show that they hoped to be playing in a few weeks and if so Steele would be good to go.

12 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Moore stated on Lovell’s post game call in show that they hoped to be playing in a few weeks and if so Steele would be good to go.

I guess that all we can do at this point is wait

14 minutes ago, Temptation said:

take it for what it's worth, a lot has been said about his availability this season, by Moore and on this forum.  All have been false.

Edited by CaptainHook
  • Like 1

Game week! Just a reminder to all visitor fans. You now sit on the side that the press box is on. I know the last time you guys were here it was in the opposite side. If any CG fans want to get some food before the game, shoot me a PM or let me know and I can meet some of you guys. 

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 7:54 PM, cg_holmeaid said:

For all of those who remember Max Norris, this is kind of shaping up for Carson like it did Max. Puts on a crazy amount of muscle, and then hurts themselves later on. Although Max did it in Semi-State, I just thought that Carson’s situation reminded me of it.

Max Norris was not a very big kid and then put on a lot of muscle and weight his senior year.  I have seen Carson grow up he has always been a big kid

I think East can keep it close for maybe a half then CG will pull away by the end.  I think they will win by three TDS

This will be one of East’ tougher opponents on the year. Not quite as good as Pickerington Central IMO, but they are still a very very good team. PC boasts 2 DT’s that are going D1. And they have some other kids that are getting D1 looks. East will be up for the challenge. I would be stunned if either team scored more than 27 points in this game. I think CG will win the game by 10ish 

Edited by Olympian06

1 hour ago, Trojanmp52 said:

Max Norris was not a very big kid and then put on a lot of muscle and weight his senior year.  I have seen Carson grow up he has always been a big kid

I think East can keep it close for maybe a half then CG will pull away by the end.  I think they will win by three TDS

But coming in as a freshman, Carson wasn’t nearly as big and strong as he is now. He was strong, but not nearly as strong as he is now.

On 10/22/2019 at 7:54 PM, cg_holmeaid said:

For all of those who remember Max Norris, this is kind of shaping up for Carson like it did Max. Puts on a crazy amount of muscle, and then hurts themselves later on. Although Max did it in Semi-State, I just thought that Carson’s situation reminded me of it.

Carson has been muscular since 5th grade.

1 hour ago, cg_holmeaid said:

But coming in as a freshman, Carson wasn’t nearly as big and strong as he is now. He was strong, but not nearly as strong as he is now.

He is stronger as a junior than he was as a freshman.  Probably true of every kid on the roster.  The comparison to Max doesn't work.

4 minutes ago, Grover said:

He is stronger as a junior than he was as a freshman.  Probably true of every kid on the roster.  The comparison to Max doesn't work.

Ok, well my point was, maybe putting on more muscle on top of what he was already working with wasn’t good for Carson. I understand the Max comparison is a little off, but at the time of when I posted my original thought it made a little bit of sense. Now looking back, it really doesn’t work as much.