Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Center Grove @ Columbus East

8 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Game week! Just a reminder to all visitor fans. You now sit on the side that the press box is on. I know the last time you guys were here it was in the opposite side. If any CG fans want to get some food before the game, shoot me a PM or let me know and I can meet some of you guys. 

Olympian 6 you are a class act. Good luck to both . Huge respect for both teams. Should be a war.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coach Buchanan said:

Olympian 6 you are a class act. Good luck to both . Huge respect for both teams. Should be a war.   

Coach, 

Appreciate the kind words. Hoping both teams come out and all the kids stay Injury free. Good Luck to your boys as well. Will def be coming to watch you guys play and cheer you on as the tournament goes forward. 

2 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I worked a game in the snow one time.....it's over rated. 

I had one where it snowed in the second half and it was much more pleasant than the first half. 45 degrees with a freezing rain and 40 mph wind was absolutely miserable. The players hated it too. It got cold enough around halftime it turned into snow which wasn't as wet. Most miserable I've ever been for a game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

CG has a junior DE that just picked up an offer to Univ of Cincy.  A soph DE/DT that just picked up his first offer to IU.  My guess is that they will earn a few more.  

No question East will be up for the challenge...they always are.....this will be a tough game for both teams.....glad the rain will be out of the area (hopefully)

I agree.. I know CG has the talent. If East brings there B game they will get blown out. If East plays like they can and not turn it over or have a bunch of 3 and outs they will keep it close. 

16 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Shut up!! 

Real men play football in cold weather.

15 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I worked a game in the snow one time.....it's over rated. 

I watched a night game in the snow at hallowed Lambeau Field one time. Nothing overrated about it. However, I underrated how cold it could get up there though. Even with four layers on, I still couldn't feel my fingers or toes until two hours after the game. Luckily, I still have all of them and they all still look and function properly. Can't wait to do it again.

On 10/29/2019 at 4:18 PM, sbriant20 said:

What exactly is Carson's injury? I've only heard rumors of a Hammy and others say a knee? To keep him out this long it had to be pretty darn severe.  I feel bad for him as well, was looking forward to seeing what he would do this year..

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/10/31/indiana-high-school-football-center-grove-rb-carson-steele-misses-year-injury/4107499002/?fbclid=IwAR2sPZrVGEp01aidqSU9Q3LkzG1aAbqcAV5nRPTryPs05636flVnPcP-f4U

• Thanks 1

That's really a shame!  It sounds like the same scenario as Cathedral's Markese Stepp.  Those hamstrings just seem to take awhile to heal for some..  Hopefully he'll be back for an injury free senior year.  

Edited by PHJIrish
mispelled name
  • Like 2

On 10/29/2019 at 2:47 PM, Olympian06 said:

I agree.. I know CG has the talent. If East brings there B game they will get blown out. If East plays like they can and not turn it over or have a bunch of 3 and outs they will keep it close. 

No doubt CG will move the ball.  East has to bend but not break.  The key to the game will be East’s ability to move the ball consistently on offense and score points. If there are too many three and outs or turnovers by the offense the East defense will get worn down and it could get ugly. 

43 minutes ago, Fogertyputmein said:

No doubt CG will move the ball.  East has to bend but not break.  The key to the game will be East’s ability to move the ball consistently on offense and score points. If there are too many three and outs or turnovers by the offense the East defense will get worn down and it could get ugly. 

100% agreed! I’m ready to see how we perform as a team. CG is one of the top 5 schools that I hold the most respect for outside of CE.. I’ve seen CG and the constant success they have and have always admired how they have been able to produce every year. The same for New Pal, after hearing some of Coach Ralph’s post game talks.. that guy gets it. All I hope for is a good clean and injury free game for both schools tomorrow, and that fans get to see both teams perform at a high level. 

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

100% agreed! I’m ready to see how we perform as a team. CG is one of the top 5 schools that I hold the most respect for outside of CE.. I’ve seen CG and the constant success they have and have always admired how they have been able to produce every year. The same for New Pal, after hearing some of Coach Ralph’s post game talks.. that guy gets it. All I hope for is a good clean and injury free game for both schools tomorrow, and that fans get to see both teams perform at a high level. 

Never wanted to see my high school alma mater lose more.  

11 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

CG puts in the dagger with 6 seconds left in the 1st half.. 

CG - 24

CE - 0

6 seconds until half. 

that was the first TD of the game..  CE defense has played well overall only giving up a TD and a FG. 

I think your clock operator needs some help