Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional Travel

In Sectional 39, on the upper side of the bracket, Clarksville and Providence are only 1 mile apart while Eastern (Pekin) plays Union County and travels 138 miles for that game. Eastern’s trip may be the longest for a sectional game in the first round. Anyone know of a longer trip for first round game?

My understanding is that a Pekin left 30 minutes after Friday nights final game and has hired Indiana Jones, 100 pack mules and several guides for the trip.

Even then, they may never be seen again.

Edited by Lysander
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's close, but Castle has to go to Bloomington North, while Evansville North has to go to Bloomington South. The distance is around 120 miles from Evansville to Bloomington , but it obviously varies a little from those two schools depending how far they have to travel to get on I-69.

2 hours ago, ptr said:

It's close, but Castle has to go to Bloomington North, while Evansville North has to go to Bloomington South. The distance is around 120 miles from Evansville to Bloomington , but it obviously varies a little from those two schools depending how far they have to travel to get on I-69.

I69 is a game changer. For us, cruise set at 85, no traffic, no police, and you better have plenty of gas when you get on, not many exits either.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SenatorFan said:

In Sectional 39, on the upper side of the bracket, Clarksville and Providence are only 1 mile apart while Eastern (Pekin) plays Union County and travels 138 miles for that game. Eastern’s trip may be the longest for a sectional game in the first round. Anyone know of a longer trip for first round game?

AD told us last night the have scheduled a charter and leaving early afternoon. Tough drive for parents and fans, hopefully a large contingent makes the trip.