Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Lewis Cass vs. Pioneer

I hope and think Cass will win the game.  I like the way their team, and most of their fans on here, handle their business.  Truth be told, there have been only 4 wins by 2A teams all season that have impressed me and Cass has 2 of those.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

The question from my desk is how much has each team improved from week 1?

From what I've watched, you can see the improvement in Pioneer's defense every week. They get after teams. Offensively I haven't seen it as much. its a lot of option, buck sweeps, and belly. They run bootlegs, but I haven't seen much improvement or threat in the pass game. Their probably better off just having the quarterback take off every play. A lot of their scoring comes from one of the twins getting in space and just outrunning everyone. I think they had some lineman injured week 1 that didn't play. I felt like the biggest thing Cass did week 1 was controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball so hopefully those one or two guys up front can help out. For Cass, you can see a lot of improvement just from the first game against WL to the Conference Championship. Offensively, the improvement in running the wing-T effectively causes teams fits. Preparing for the Wing-T is difficult enough to prepare for in a week. Then having to prepare for a team that could completely switch it up on you the very next drive and go complete spread. The defense for Cass has been good from the start. The only thing that needed improvement was probably the secondary which had 3 INT's against West Lafayette so I think their making progress there. I just don't think Pioneer has the firepower Cass has at the end of the day

Kings proved on Friday that it is tough to beat a team twice especially one that has a lot of pride in it's performance and play.  I am sure Pioneer is none to happy with that one loss they have on their record and will be chomping at the bit to get after the Kings.  Kings need to lock in this week and focus on the task at hand.  Can't reach the next goal unless you win this week. Should be a fun night Friday. Looking forward to this one.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, CatholicFootball10 said:

Cass by 2-3 TDs. Cass is playing at an exceptionally high level right now and Pioneer hasn't been tested since they lost to Cass in the season opener. 

Knox? That's a test. 

I'd pick them against Western, Renn, Tipton or LCC. 

Edited by Ultimate Warrior

38 minutes ago, CatholicFootball10 said:

Just because Knox has a good record doesn't necessarily mean they're a great team. Agree against Tipton. The other three would be very close, competitive football games. 

Knox is a good football team. I didn't say those games wouldn't be close or not competitive. All I said was id pick knox to beat those teams and you saying Pioneer hasn't been challenged since the Cass game was wrong. 

Edited by Ultimate Warrior
  • Like 1