Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Lewis Cass vs. Pioneer

2 minutes ago, Scat said:

Cass actually beat two of those teams you listed.  Knox SOS 214

I know Cass did. 

I don't care what Knox's SOS is. Knox is a solid and well coached team. 

Logansport has a tougher SOS then Cass and Pioneer.. Does that mean Cass and Pioneer are worse then Logan? No. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

I know Cass did. 

I don't care what Knox's SOS is. Knox is a solid and well coached team. 

Logansport has a tougher SOS then Cass and Pioneer.. Does that mean Cass and Pioneer are worse then Logan? No. 

Knox is very well coached.  John Hendryx should be coach of the year in that conference.  Everywhere he goes he has an immediate impact.  I think though he saw the writing on the wall at Northwestern when he decided to leave a couple years ago as wins are tough enough to come by in the Hoosier Conference even harder when you don't have the jimmies and joes.

The distinction between Cass's tough Schedule (91) and Logansport's (88) is that they beat everyone on their tough Schedule.  So the measure is SOS + Wins. Regardless its all conjecture.

I can remember on many occasions where the Kings have been written off over the years and we pulled off upsets most recently West Lafayette.  Moral of the story is that anything can happen on a Friday night.  I actually consider the Kings the underdog in this one. With Pioneer coming off a state championship.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dcjjones said:

Knox is very well coached.  John Hendryx should be coach of the year in that conference.  Everywhere he goes he has an immediate impact.  I think though he saw the writing on the wall at Northwestern when he decided to leave a couple years ago as wins are tough enough to come by in the Hoosier Conference even harder when you don't have the jimmies and joes.

The distinction between Cass's tough Schedule (91) and Logansport's (88) is that they beat everyone on their tough Schedule.  So the measure is SOS + Wins. Regardless its all conjecture.

I can remember on many occasions where the Kings have been written off over the years and we pulled off upsets most recently West Lafayette.  Moral of the story is that anything can happen on a Friday night.  I actually consider the Kings the underdog in this one. With Pioneer coming off a state championship.  

I have to agree with you Jonesy.  The Kings haven't accomplished anything even close to what Pioneer has during state tournament.  They have their team at full strength and are ready to get things rolling.  They have speed everywhere and a line to go with it.  

3 minutes ago, dcjjones said:

Cass is the favorite here and according to everyone on here other than AG and ultimate it isn’t close. Cass split the top votes in 2a poll so coaches think the same thing as well. 

If you beat arguably the top team in 3A you should be the favorite. Cass is right where they want to be at the top so pressures on!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, FarmerFran said:

Cass is the favorite here and according to everyone on here other than AG and ultimate it isn’t close. Cass split the top votes in 2a poll so coaches think the same thing as well. 

If you beat arguably the top team in 3A you should be the favorite. Cass is right where they want to be at the top so pressures on!

I don't know. Prior to week 1 it was stated by a Pioneer faithful that Cass had lost 5 in a row and the last 4 games by a combined 171-0 and the previous 44-0.  Maybe Cass just played out of their mind the first game. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Punttheball said:

I have to agree with you Jonesy.  The Kings haven't accomplished anything even close to what Pioneer has during state tournament.  They have their team at full strength and are ready to get things rolling.  They have speed everywhere and a line to go with it.  

Pioneer doesn't have anywhere near the speed of Cass.    

1 hour ago, FarmerFran said:

This years team loves the "pressure"  it is in their DNA.  I agree with your quote 100%!!!!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dcjjones said:

With John. I think it was that but more so.... Knox is much closer to him then what Northwestern was.. And Knox did shell out the dough for him. Knox was always a sleeping giant. They have had good athletes, an increasing enrollment. I probably would have left NW too. 

6 minutes ago, Scat said:

Pioneer doesn't have anywhere near the speed of Cass.    

The two fastest kids on the field will be the lewellen boys. 

Im not even a Pioneer guy but Damn. Ill put money on Ezra and Addai to beat any kid on Cass. 

Edited by Ultimate Warrior
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

Im not even a Pioneer guy but Damn. Ill put money on Ezra and Addai to beat any kid on Cass. 

Total "team" speed.  After the game we can have all the starters race.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

With John. I think it was that but more so.... Knox is much closer to him then what Northwestern was.. And Knox did shell out the dough for him. Knox was always a sleeping giant. They have had good athletes, an increasing enrollment. I probably would have left NW too. 

I'd take your bet. I'm sure Zeck and Eurit would find a way to make it happen!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Coaches race 1st

I got Pioneer,  Coach Berry big time finisher on the 4th leg!!!   

There will be great athletes all of the field Friday Night, i would just leave it at that personally.   

Only contest our coaches would win is an eating contest! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hoosier conference sectional champion predictions.  Who all do you think will win or has a chance of winning their sectional.  I am going to take no less than 4 of these below.

1. West Lafayette- Certainly will have a tough Sectional opponent in Chatard

2. Cass-  Tough week one opponent but if the Kings can get by Pioneer they should win their sectional

3. Rensselaer- Got Boone Grove, Andrean, North Newton- Will the Bombers be healthy for a long tournament run? I think so!

4. LCC- Knights roll through their sectional

5. Twin Lakes- My long shot... Knox, Calumet the favorites but I actually think the Indians could pull this one out.

6. Tipton- Big second round matchup with Eastbrook might be too much for this young Tipton team.

7. Western- Don't know much about their competition or the state of Westerns Health but they look as good as any in this sectional

3 hours ago, TacklingFuel_10 said:

I talked to Jeff Philips coach of the Lewis Cass kings before the game and he said his guys really want to win this one.

Good luck to everybody tonight. Hopefully its a great game with no injuries and everyone traveling safely to and from the game. T-minus 2 hours till kickoff!!!

You don’t say?