Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Lewis Cass vs. Pioneer

4 minutes ago, LCCAlum said:

Wooo... Rude awakening for the Panthers in 2A and post season play without an ND recruit.

Does this somehow validate Kiser’s Mr. Football from last fall to those doubters?

2 hours ago, SteelCurtain88 said:

Does this win tonight make the Kings look past the rest of the field?  Lavilles passing game looked good tonight!!  That what it will take to beat Cass, something Pioneer could not do.  

LaVille beating Cass will be a MAJOR upset if it happens.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LCCAlum said:

So Bell got that much better at football over the summer because of the Purdue training staff.... Duly Noted.

Bell plays for a 2-5 completely irrelevant Purdue team. Not sure what point you're trying to make but it should be pointed out that playing wide receiver is the easiest position on the field for an incoming freshman to earn immediate playing time. That, and running back. Other positions usually take some time to transition. But everyone knew Bell was  athletically gifted and that is what is needed for a freshman to get playing  time at that position. 

It seems as if some are trying to denigrate the Panthers for losing to the number 1 team in 2A by saying "See, 2A is so much tougher". Well, doesn't that argument then denigrate your own team that plays in 1A? 

• Like 1
  • Disdain 2

31 minutes ago, nickelbackjack said:

Bell plays for a 2-5 completely irrelevant Purdue team. Not sure what point you're trying to make but it should be pointed out that playing wide receiver is the easiest position on the field for an incoming freshman to earn immediate playing time. That, and running back. Other positions usually take some time to transition. But everyone knew Bell was  athletically gifted and that is what is needed for a freshman to get playing  time at that position. 

It seems as if some are trying to denigrate the Panthers for losing to the number 1 team in 2A by saying "See, 2A is so much tougher". Well, doesn't that argument then denigrate your own team that plays in 1A? 

Sorry I brought this back up.  I'll take the blame.  I was just trying to generate conversation as Pioneer ran roughshod through 1A last year and Kiser won Mr. Football.  

One year later, minus Kiser they get throttled at the 2A level.  Some may say it is a testament to the "step up in competition" between 1A/2A. 

Others may say the TRUE definition of Mr.Football is taking a player off of a team and seeing how they'd do.  Well, we sorta found out about that one, huh?  

I can see both sides but was just stirring the pot.

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, SteelCurtain88 said:

Does this win tonight make the Kings look past the rest of the field?  Lavilles passing game looked good tonight!!  That what it will take to beat Cass, something Pioneer could not do.  

I think West Lafayette has a pretty good passing game.

• Thanks 3

37 minutes ago, nickelbackjack said:

Well, I was simply answering a question I was asked.

But since you brought up denigrating of programs.... I know one program that competed in 2A and one program that hasn’t yet.  

2 minutes ago, LCCAlum said:

Well, I was simply answering a question I was asked.

But since you brought up denigrating of programs.... I know one program that competed in 2A and one program that hasn’t yet.  

How many times did LCC draw the number 1 team in the state in 2A in the tournament? Yeah, didn't think so.

It's funny. Pioneer plays Lewis Cass every year. And have more than held their own with them. But if you want v to make out that this one game is some sort of statement about Pioneer, fine. Just remember this same Cass team also best 3A West Lafayette who was ranked 2nd in 3A just last week. 

How quickly they forget. 

• Confused 1

Just now, nickelbackjack said:

How many times did LCC draw the number 1 team in the state in 2A in the tournament? Yeah, didn't think so.

It's funny. Pioneer plays Lewis Cass every year. And have more than held their own with them. But if you want v to make out that this one game is some sort of statement about Pioneer, fine. Just remember this same Cass team also best 3A West Lafayette who was ranked 2nd in 3A just last week. 

How quickly they forget. 

Plus let's not pretend that LCC doesn't play by a different set of rules than a PUBLIC school like Pioneer.  That's kind of a big deal.  

You’re barking up the wrong tree.

LCC lost to the runner up by 4 and the state champ by 3.

Didn’t lose by 35 to where ever Cass ends up.

I’m out for the day, going to go watch a really good player on an irrelevant team, I’m sure you’ll be tuning into ABC to watch an irrevleant player on a good team. Maybe then we can figure out who the better player is. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, LCCAlum said:

You’re barking up the wrong tree.

LCC lost to the runner up by 4 and the state champ by 3.

Didn’t lose by 35 to where ever Cass ends up.

I’m out for the day, going to go watch a really good player on an irrelevant team, I’m sure you’ll be tuning into ABC to watch an irrevleant player on a good team. Maybe then we can figure out who the better player is. 

You won't be missed.

We got throttled by a more physically dominant team. No more no less. They wanted it more and took it. Eurit is a great player, but if you ask me the most important player on Cass is #30 Humphrey. We couldn’t block him at LB and he was dominant as a blocker at TE. He was a man among boys last night. 

Full credit to Cass and hopefully it opened some eyes for us of what it will take to be successful next year. 

• Like 6