Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Lewis Cass vs. Pioneer

5 minutes ago, FarmerFran said:

We got throttled by a more physically dominant team. No more no less. They wanted it more and took it. Eurit is a great player, but if you ask me the most important player on Cass is #30 Humphrey. We couldn’t block him at LB and he was dominant as a blocker at TE. He was a man among boys last night. 

Full credit to Cass and hopefully it opened some eyes for us of what it will take to be successful next year. 

100% agree!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, LCCAlum said:

You’re barking up the wrong tree.

LCC lost to the runner up by 4 and the state champ by 3.

Didn’t lose by 35 to where ever Cass ends up.

I’m out for the day, going to go watch a really good player on an irrelevant team, I’m sure you’ll be tuning into ABC to watch an irrevleant player on a good team. Maybe then we can figure out who the better player is. 

West Lafayette 50 LCC 0. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, nickelbackjack said:

It seems as if some are trying to denigrate the Panthers for losing to the number 1 team in 2A by saying "See, 2A is so much tougher". Well, doesn't that argument then denigrate your own team that plays in 1A? 

When fans go around running their mouths about how they would dominate higher levels that they never have to compete at, then once they do they fail miserably, what do you expect?  When fans go around making claims that they know they'll never have to prove, that's pretty disrespectful I think.  Just because those claims disappeared with the board after last season doesn't mean everyone forgot.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, XStar said:

When fans go around running their mouths about how they would dominate higher levels that they never have to compete at, then once they do they fail miserably, what do you expect?  When fans go around making claims that they know they'll never have to prove, that's pretty disrespectful I think.  Just because those claims disappeared with the board after last season doesn't mean everyone forgot.  

Did Pioneer fans really pump their chests and claim they’d “dominate” a higher class last year?  I honestly don’t remember.

Just now, Temptation said:

Did Pioneer fans really pump their chests and claim they’d “dominate” a higher class last year?  I honestly don’t remember.

I read multiple discussions about how far up they'd have to go to find a challenge and usually the discussion started with 3A and West Lafayette.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, XStar said:

I read multiple discussions about how far up they'd have to go to find a challenge and usually the discussion started with 3A and West Lafayette.

Yikes.

13 minutes ago, XStar said:

First off that was last year's team not this year's. Secondly, it wasn't just Pioneer fans who thought that. Think you  would find if you looked back at the threads that Pioneer fans were in the minority of those who said that. 

It was a discussion on the internet. People stated their opinions. But you were offended. Get over it.

7 hours ago, SteelCurtain88 said:

Does this win tonight make the Kings look past the rest of the field?  Lavilles passing game looked good tonight!!  That what it will take to beat Cass, something Pioneer could not do.  

The question is "How good is Laville's passing game compared to West Lafayette's?"  Cass has had two opportunities to prep against that type of air war and come out with a win recently.  Is Laville's run game, coupled with their passing game, similar to West Lafayette's ability to balance the two AND run an up-tempo offense?  If not, I'll take the Kings.

The football gods know who it was.... and several of us mortals..... didnt even when a single game....ain't Karma a bitch.....  perhaps the Panther fans would b better off spending the off season...in sack cloth and ashes...... begging for forgiveness.....just a question now ...of how long the Curse lasts......  😆

12 hours ago, XStar said:

Guess that shows the difference between 1A and 2A.  

Also, Cass is REALLY good.  Hand them the trophy 

2 hours ago, nickelbackjack said:

Bell plays for a 2-5 completely irrelevant Purdue team. Not sure what point you're trying to make but it should be pointed out that playing wide receiver is the easiest position on the field for an incoming freshman to earn immediate playing time. That, and running back. Other positions usually take some time to transition. But everyone knew Bell was  athletically gifted and that is what is needed for a freshman to get playing  time at that position. 

It seems as if some are trying to denigrate the Panthers for losing to the number 1 team in 2A by saying "See, 2A is so much tougher". Well, doesn't that argument then denigrate your own team that plays in 1A? 

You do realize that LCC's been there before?  Played the 2A state champion to a 3-point game and played the2A  state runner-up with a minute of likely taking their place when they were there.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, foxbat said:

You do realize that LCC's been there before?  Played the 2A state champion to a 3-point game and played the2A  state runner-up with a minute of likely taking their place when they were there.

Insufferable.

2 hours ago, nickelbackjack said:

How many times did LCC draw the number 1 team in the state in 2A in the tournament? Yeah, didn't think so.

I do recall LCC playing the #1 team in 3A at the time and coming away with a win.  Don't recall where RCHS was ranked when they won 2A.

3 minutes ago, nickelbackjack said:

Oh I'm sorry. Did they win those games? A loss is a loss is a loss.

Then why post a score of loss to a 3A team?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LCCAlum said:

Well, I was simply answering a question I was asked.

But since you brought up denigrating of programs.... I know one program that competed in 2A and one program that hasn’t yet.  

I also know of a team that lost in the sectional when they were in 2A.

2 hours ago, Temptation said:

Yes they did. 

On another site their linebackers coach told me they would have won 1a through 3a last year. 

He laughed at me when I said there's a difference. Welp. He found that out last night. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

Yes they did. 

On another site their linebackers coach told me they would have won 1a through 3a last year. 

He laughed at me when I said there's a difference. Welp. He found that out last night. 

No we didn't. Did that team play last night?  And it was a team Pioneer plays every year. You make it sound like they got bumped up and found out how good the teams are in 2 A.  It's the team they play every year. 

1 minute ago, nickelbackjack said:

No we didn't. Did that team play last night?  And it was a team Pioneer plays every year. You make it sound like they got bumped up and found out how good the teams are in 2 A.  It's the team they play every year. 

You don't play THAT Lewis Cass team each year.  Can't have it both ways by saying that THAT Pioneer team didn't lose but you play that Lewis Cass team every year.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Still got next year to win a regional.

Yep. I was disappointed with the draw because I was excited to see Pioneer potentially play some of their other area sectional opponents, like Rochester, Wabash, or Delphi. Instead they lost in round 1 to a yearly opponent.

54 minutes ago, AG said:

Yep. I was disappointed with the draw because I was excited to see Pioneer potentially play some of their other area sectional opponents, like Rochester, Wabash, or Delphi. Instead they lost in round 1 to a yearly opponent.

For the most part, it was the same for LCC when they went to 2A.  They were eliminated by fellow HC member, Tipton, who was state runner-up that year, in the second sectional game.  The next year, they got bounced in semi-state by fellow HC member, and state champion that year, RCHS.  With any luck, Pioneer will get a similar type opportunity next year to see some additional teams through at least regionals.  Let's be honest, for LCC and Pioneer, being good and getting bounced early has kind of been the storyline.  For the last ten years, LCC and Pioneer have been knocking each other out of tourney play early on.  For the last ten prior seasons, LCC and Pioneer have ended each other's seasons eight of the ten years and the only two years that didn't happen, LCC was in 2A and had their seasons ended by fellow HC members.  This year LCC and Pioneer were spared ending each other's seasons only to have an HC member do it to Pioneer.  2021 marks the potential return of the an awaited LCC-Pioneer match-up ... possibly even in 2A pending Pioneer besting LCC's run in 2A by picking up a semi-state win next year or LCC picking up a couple of visits to LOS this/next season.

16 hours ago, Temptation said:

Does this somehow validate Kiser’s Mr. Football from last fall to those doubters?

5 hours ago, nickelbackjack said:

Bell plays for a 2-5 completely irrelevant Purdue team. Not sure what point you're trying to make but it should be pointed out that playing wide receiver is the easiest position on the field for an incoming freshman to earn immediate playing time. That, and running back. Other positions usually take some time to transition. But everyone knew Bell was  athletically gifted and that is what is needed for a freshman to get playing  time at that position. 

4 hours ago, LCCAlum said:

You’re barking up the wrong tree.

LCC lost to the runner up by 4 and the state champ by 3.

Didn’t lose by 35 to where ever Cass ends up.

I’m out for the day, going to go watch a really good player on an irrelevant team, I’m sure you’ll be tuning into ABC to watch an irrevleant player on a good team. Maybe then we can figure out who the better player is. 

Really not a need to question Mr. Kiser's abilities ... nor Mr. Bell's.  I only know of Mr. Kiser what I've been told by those who know him and from what I gathered from a couple of very brief interactions with the young man at LCC-Pioneer games, but I think he'd probably be the first one to tell you that his Mr. Football title was as much a team title as an individual title.  He'd probably tell you that he's a product of his coaches, his teammates, his parents, and even his competitors and, without them, he wouldn't be the player that he is.  He strikes me as a young man would give up 10 Mr. Football titles for one blue ring for his team, even as a back-up QB, as long as he got to help the team.  He strikes me as a young man who's likely to forget his own helmet on the field making sure that his fellow players didn't forget theirs.  I enjoyed watching him play and what his team could do because of him and also because of what he could do because of his team.  In the end, regardless of the team he plays for, I think he's a fine young man ... and that will be true for him long after he's stopped playing the game of football.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

48 minutes ago, foxbat said:

For the most part, it was the same for LCC when they went to 2A.  They were eliminated by fellow HC member, Tipton, who was state runner-up that year, in the second sectional game.  The next year, they got bounced in semi-state by fellow HC member, and state champion that year, RCHS.  With any luck, Pioneer will get a similar type opportunity next year to see some additional teams through at least regionals.  Let's be honest, for LCC and Pioneer, being good and getting bounced early has kind of been the storyline.  For the last ten years, LCC and Pioneer have been knocking each other out of tourney play early on.  For the last ten prior seasons, LCC and Pioneer have ended each other's seasons eight of the ten years and the only two years that didn't happen, LCC was in 2A and had their seasons ended by fellow HC members.  This year LCC and Pioneer were spared ending each other's seasons only to have an HC member do it to Pioneer.  2021 marks the potential return of the an awaited LCC-Pioneer match-up ... possibly even in 2A pending Pioneer besting LCC's run in 2A by picking up a semi-state win next year or LCC picking up a couple of visits to LOS this/next season.

If that match up occurs in 2021.... I'll take the Kinghts.... Panthers got the bad Juju....  darned ole intangibles.....