Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

WRC Sectional Round 1

8 hours ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

Any good food joints in cloverdale 

I lived in Greencastle for 8 years. Cool town to live in. My family always enjoyed the Friday night seafood buffet at the Putnam Inn. We ate crab legs until we were almost sick. Located on the North side of town right on 231.

3 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Parke Heritage at Cloverdale

North Vermillion at Covington

Seeger at South Vermillion

Riverton Parke at South Putnam

Fountain Central at Attica

Who is hungry for a juicy Round 1 fart sandwich?

Mama Says

PH over Cloverdale

- I'd like to think that this could be a closer game than expected.  Looks like Cloverdale has some athletes on Defense both up front and in the secondary which could give the Wolfs some fits.  However, my gut says Wolfs by 4 scores.

Falcons win a close one in Covington

- I am the first person to say that the regular season means nothing in the tournament, but I can't help but think about how little the Men of Troy could muster in Week 3.  Despite that, with the game at the Complex, I expect this to be a close one.  NV by a score.

Mel Gibson's over the Fighting Visors

- It blows my mind how bi-polar SV has been this year in terms of wins and losses. A poor outing with Seeger in Week 8 and then a convincing win against Attica in Week 9?  Regardless, the patriots, despite a loss to the Falcons are firing on all cylinders right now, and should be able to take care of the Mildcats.

SP starts Sectional week 1-0

- South Putnam is much better than their record indicates.  I expect them to win easily. Great year for the Pantherz

Attica Dominates the Mustangs

- There are better days for the Mustangs, of that I'm sure.  If I was Attica I would get there and get out.  Big Week next week for them

On 10/21/2019 at 7:21 AM, Tanka Jahari said:

Cloverdale is solid with an awesome sophomore class.  They will play hard and give P.H. and Wolf's Nation all they can handle.

Via Facebook and max preps 

Noble Johnson leads the entire state in all classes as a sophomore in receiving yards and he doesn’t get to play much in any second half besides NV, ATTICA, and SV. Will be interesting to see how him and his brother can connect the next 2 seasons  

Logan White is second in passing yards in all classes as he is following West Lafayette's QB. White has played 8 games to WL QB has played 9. 

Kirkpatrick, Ellis, Reynolds are putting up some impressive numbers as well. 

If PH or NV can pull off an upset vs Lutheran in the regional(I expect one or 2 of those teams to win it) I pick one of those 2 teams to win the state title. Once again WRC will be on top! 

What would happen to the falcons If they make a long run? I’m not sure how the points system works. 

Those are great numbers for the Wolf's, Bassinger from Northcentral Farmersburg had huge state wide numbers too all season last year until they ran into NV in the Regional.  Watch out for an under the radar Cloverdale.

Edited by Paco

12 minutes ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

Noble Johnson leads the entire state in all classes as a sophomore in receiving yards and he doesn’t get to play much in any second half besides NV, ATTICA, and SV. Will be interesting to see how him and his brother can connect the next 2 seasons  

Logan White is second in passing yards in all classes as he is following West Lafayette's QB. White has played 8 games to WL QB has played 9. 

If PH or NV can pull off an upset vs Lutheran in the regional(I expect one or 2 of those teams to win it) I pick one of those 2 teams to win the state title. Once again WRC will be on top! 

What would happen to the falcons If they make a long run? I’m not sure how the points system works. 

Noble Johnson is a nice consistent target for Logan White to throw to. He would definitely be a go to target in key situations.

5 hours ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

The state final will be LCC and Indy Lutherans. I swear to God it will 

2 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

The state final will be LCC and Indy Lutherans. I swear to God it will 

I dont think anyone from Lcc is as sure as u r.... I can c IL outta the south... #1 rated an all.... but the North...sec 43 and 44 look tuff... an I think SA is Sr dominated... that's BiG to overcome .. plus its said they r the best team they ever had.... that's a huge red flag..... Soutwood looks strong as well and ther is AC an Busco plotting a way to take them out....Lcc is fairly young in areas.... but coming together..... we c.....

33 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

I dont think anyone from Lcc is as sure as u r.... I can c IL outta the south... #1 rated an all.... but the North...sec 43 and 44 look tuff... an I think SA is Sr dominated... that's BiG to overcome .. plus its said they r the best team they ever had.... that's a huge red flag..... Soutwood looks strong as well and ther is AC an Busco plotting a way to take them out....Lcc is fairly young in areas.... but coming together..... we c.....

Oh... Monroe Central is no slacker as well....  I'd say Its SA vrs Sothwood with SA  flavored  to meet the favored Knights at semi....... gives LCC a month to get..... good enuff as they say.....

27 minutes ago, wrcsage said:

How can anyone pick against the juggernaut Wolfs?  They have a D-1 QB and a lot of weapons to throw to!

https://www.wthitv.com/content/sports/Logan-White-having-special-senior-season-563750801.html

Because even Riverton Parke ran for 200 yds on the Wolfs. Championship teams play Defense as well as Offense. Parke Heritage’s lack of a run stopping Defense will be their downfall.

(Another case in point... In their lone loss to North Vermillion, The Wolfs D gave up 400 yds rushing.)

As I’m sure you’re aware of, the teams you play deeper in the tournament usually get better. Hard to score points when your D1 QB is standing on the sidelines watching the Defense get run over. 

Of course, that’s why we play the games...

Good luck to all! 

1 hour ago, WRCWatcher said:

Because even Riverton Parke ran for 200 yds on the Wolfs. Championship teams play Defense as well as Offense. Parke Heritage’s lack of a run stopping Defense will be their downfall.

(Another case in point... In their lone loss to North Vermillion, The Wolfs D gave up 400 yds rushing.)

As I’m sure you’re aware of, the teams you play deeper in the tournament usually get better. Hard to score points when your D1 QB is standing on the sidelines watching the Defense get run over. 

Of course, that’s why we play the games...

Good luck to all! 

Riverton ran against Parke Heritage JV

NV did run for 400+ yards against Parke Heritage but they break a lot of big plays. I believe they averaged close to 10 yards per carry. NV isn’t a ground and pound team that runs the clock down. No disrespect meant by that. Wish we had that speed. 

But with saying that it give White plenty of time to be on the field. I don’t know the stat but would like to see what time of possession was for each team. I would guess it was close to the same. 

Both teams can score fast at anytime. Should be another great game. If both teams make it that far. Good luck to everyone Friday night and stay safe. 

1 hour ago, Donnie Baker said:

Is he better than Matt King?

I just asked someone this question last week. Completely different players from the few times I watched king play. King was dual threat QB, but had a good arm. 

I’d say Logan is more of a pocket QB with a better arm but Matt was a “playmaker”. Somewhat like brown from Covington and 

Botg great players. Last I heard matt is OC and a D2 school in Ohio. 

On 10/21/2019 at 7:21 AM, Tanka Jahari said:

Who did Matt King play for and when did he play?

6 hours ago, wrcsage said:

How can anyone pick against the juggernaut Wolfs?  They have a D-1 QB and a lot of weapons to throw to!

https://www.wthitv.com/content/sports/Logan-White-having-special-senior-season-563750801.html

It will be interesting to see if White can overcome the small school bias that college coaches have at times. He is a quality player even if it's small school football. The Wolfs have once again reached a level of being unbeatable. I believe they will win the state championship.

11 hours ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

Riverton ran against Parke Heritage JV

NV did run for 400+ yards against Parke Heritage but they break a lot of big plays. I believe they averaged close to 10 yards per carry. NV isn’t a ground and pound team that runs the clock down. No disrespect meant by that. Wish we had that speed. 

I watched both games. Riverton Parke did most of their damage in the first half. (Against 7 and 8 man fronts.) Parke Heritage had their 1’s in the game on offense and defense until the start of the 4th. No way the Panthers rushed for most of their yards with a running clock in one quarter. 

And call it what you want, ‘big plays’ or not,  if you give up 400 yds rushing to anyone, your defense is Swiss Cheese. 

The QB for Parke Heritage is as good as advertised, but he’s gonna need some help from his defense if they want to win a title. 

Just my two cents worth...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WRCWatcher said:

I watched both games. Riverton Parke did most of their damage in the first half. (Against 7 and 8 man fronts.) Parke Heritage had their 1’s in the game on offense and defense until the start of the 4th. No way the Panthers rushed for most of their yards with a running clock in one quarter. 

And call it what you want, ‘big plays’ or not,  if you give up 400 yds rushing to anyone, your defense is Swiss Cheese. 

The QB for Parke Heritage is as good as advertised, but he’s gonna need some help from his defense if they want to win a title. 

Just my two cents worth...

I can’t find the stats online. The panthers were scoreless until the JV came in. The wolves could have won 80-0.  My point is, if they kept Riverton out of the red zone the entire game then that’s a good defensive performance. Pretty sure Riverton marched 55 yards on final drive to score on PH JV?And yes your defense will have 7-8 man front when the opposing offense runs double TE/double WING with no wideouts lol 

There seems to be some personnel changes and some kid are back in the last recent weeks. All that matters is who is playing their best football this time of year. 

If someone doesn’t stop the PH offense of white and company that averages 482 yards a game they will have a hard time winning a title too.

If PH gets to the final vs NV, they have to stop the rushing attack of the falcons or it’s gonna be another shootout. 

Just my two cents.. 

It should be mentioned that NV played PH without their best CB in L. Cook who was out with injury. They were also missing G. Dice one of their better OL/DL.  Having their services next time can’t hurt.  What makes NV hard to beat is they adapt on a weekly basis based on what the other team is or is not doing. They do it better than anyone else in the WRC, even in years when they haven’t had the best talent.   NV QB Ellis has proven himself of being more than a capable passer.  If you slow down the run, they can still beat you that way.  Throwing the ball allowed them to stay in the game against Linton.  Hopefully all teams can stay healthy, and may the best team win.