Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

WRC Sectional Round 1

31 minutes ago, Reb08 said:

It should be mentioned that NV played PH without their best CB in L. Cook who was out with injury. They were also missing G. Dice one of their better OL/DL.  Having their services next time can’t hurt.  What makes NV hard to beat is they adapt on a weekly basis based on what the other team is or is not doing. They do it better than anyone else in the WRC, even in years when they haven’t had the best talent.   NV QB Ellis has proven himself of being more than a capable passer.  If you slow down the run, they can still beat you that way.  Throwing the ball allowed them to stay in the game against Linton.  Hopefully all teams can stay healthy, and may the best team win.   

I have been impressed with Ellis’ arm but if you stop their run it kills them offensively, same if you stop PH passing attack. 

Will they put cook on johnson? will they still have a safety over the top of him? Is he capable of shutting him down man to man? I’m not sure who he is, is why I ask. Still have a huge target in petrillo and a huge target in crull as well. 

Don’t like to hear they have another good lineman coming lol 

how is north centrals coach from last year doing in the big city?

55 minutes ago, wrcsage said:

60 points = JUGGERNAUT 

The offense put on a show. Bullinger, Johnson, and White were dominant. Our defense stinks, I thought some personnel changes would help but Johnson only played offense?   

Cloverdale had had a few big strong kids and a couple athletes. Felt bad that they only had 15 people in the bleachers, after the long year those kids have had they deserve better!

Edited by Oldbleacherfan

1 hour ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

Felt bad that they only had 15 people in the bleachers, after the long year those kids have had they deserve better!

I felt the same way when NV played Fountain Central...so used to seeing bleachers full and the only had maybe 30-40 people in their stands not counting the band!! I'm sure they made most money from the visiting teams fans....so sad to see this

1 minute ago, Mechanic24 said:

I felt the same way when NV played Fountain Central...so used to seeing bleachers full and the only had maybe 30-40 people in their stands not counting the band!! I'm sure they made most money from the visiting teams fans....so sad to see this

Cloverdale didn’t have enough people in the stands to equate to 1 fan per player.  It was a very strange atmosphere. 

1 hour ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

The offense put on a show. Bullinger, Johnson, and White were dominant. Our defense stinks, I thought some personnel changes would help but Johnson only played offense?   

Cloverdale had had a few big strong kids and a couple athletes. Felt bad that they only had 15 people in the bleachers, after the long year those kids have had they deserve better!

As for what matters most, where did you decide to eat?

On 10/22/2019 at 5:22 AM, Oldbleacherfan said:

Can you give us some information about south Putnam anyone? They are the sleeper. Still can’t believe They are 1A???

It's funny you said this about South Putnam....we can't believe Parke Heritage is still 1A.....they have a bigger graduating class than North Putnam does...LOL

South Putnam has a great QB who can run well and throw pretty accurately....along with a couple quality receivers and an athletic couple of RBs.  They hit hard on DEF but tended to get down on themselves if you came out of the gate quickly and scored a couple TDs....at least when we played them (like 5-6 weeks ago) 

FC had a rough year this year.  Injuries and being young played a lot into it.   Give it a year or two and the coach will get it worked out.  I can tell you it wasn't because of the lack of effort.  Those kids went out and played hard week in and week out.  Good luck to the rest of the teams still in the hunt.  

• Like 1

@1st_and_10 it depends on what you are looking for.

If you're in the mood for a piping hot juicy fart sandwich I would suggest the Taco Bell, which recently reopened. 

If you're looking for great food I would recommend Gerrie's. I very much enjoy their calzones.

If you're looking for a 12 month calendar featuring pictures of South Vermillion football coach Greg Barrett wearing only speedos and a visor, you can pick one up at the Corner Stop gas station.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Paco said:

How did Park Tudor make it to a Sectional Title game?  North Vermillion vs Indianapolis Lutheran should be a great matchup for the Regional Final.

1st Rd - bye, 2nd Rd close game with Indiana Deaf (13-12).  Blind draw had four highest Sagarin-rated teams in the sectional on the other side of the bracket.