Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Potential Dark Horses By Class

On 10/22/2019 at 9:33 PM, psaboy said:

I would like to see them make a run. In years past when they had a losing record in SAC due to L's to the conference bigs they were somewhat competitive. This year they had (0) points against  the big 4 in the conference; Carroll, Snider, Homestead & Dwenger. I just don't think they have much of any talent this year to make run past sectional this year. I'll be pulling for them though !!

Luers had a lot of injuries in the regular season and they played younger kids against Snider to try to avoid injuries coming into post season. 

They are healthy right now (knock on wood)  and up on Central Noble 23-0 early in the 3rd quarter with mostly the second string playing tonight -- only minor appearances from the seniors in several skill positions. 

Edited by LuersLady

24 minutes ago, LuersLady said:

Luers had a lot of injuries in the regular season and they played younger kids against Snider to try to avoid injuries coming into post season. 

They are healthy right now (knock on wood)  and up on Central Noble 23-0 early in the 3rd quarter with mostly the second string playing tonight -- only minor appearances from the seniors in several skill positions. 

Well, I did not know much about the injures, so hope they have better talent available now for playoff run. Central Noble is not very good team, if they get past Eastside next week, then they should get to regional. Good luck, always like to see the SAC teams do good. Luers certainly plays tough schedule, 27th in state so they are usually can play with the top teams of the class they are in even when they have less than stellar year such as 2019. 

• Like 1

On 10/22/2019 at 11:00 AM, Coach Nowlin said:

Yes they do.   They are playing with great confidence and excitement.   They have been to Sectional championship game last 2 years and looking to break through.   

Snider was pretty good

Luers was so talented, but so young in 2009.  

History provides a valuable lesson.  Cass learned through the years that it didn't matter what Luers'  record was coming into the tournament. This one was a heartbreaker. Hard to believe that was 10 years ago

image.png.c5aecb2cb70fa111391b2416460fee0c.png

Edited by dcjjones
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

what was worse that one or the 7 OT game with Andrean? 

Painful! Next to the recent WL game, this was one of the best games I have ever been a part of.  Mannering had to much confidence in our kicker that year.  We converted some plays in the overtime that should not even be possible.  We were out of the game early and pulled our way back in.  That Andrean team was stacked with talent.  Must stop before I throw my computer at a wall.

• Haha 1

Want to talk pain?  Linton knows pain;

1997 - Lost in semi-state to Knightstown, 14 - 7.  Knightstown had possession of the ball near the end of the 3rd quarter on their own 12 yard line and the score tied 7 - 7.  They ate almost the entire fourth quarter on an 88 yard drive (converting fourth down 3 times) to score the winning TD and left Linton about 1 1/2 minutes on the clock.  Linton started moving the ball but ran out of time at the Knightstown 36 yard line.  And this loss was only the beginning of the heartbreak trail.

2004 - Lost to Ritter in the semi-state in overtime, 21 - 20.  Linton scored but the extra point was blocked.

2008 - Lost to Ritter (again) in the semi-sate, 30 - 26.  Linton had the lead in the fourth quarter.  Ritter scored 20 unanswered in the fourth quarter to win. Courtesy of the Tyronne Walker. show

2012 - Lost to Scecina in the semi-state in overtime, 17 - 14.  Linton went for the win and was stopped at the one foot line only to check into the heartbreak hotel once again.

Make no mistake about it Linton knows all too well about tournament pain.

Edited by itiswhatitis
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2019 at 1:55 PM, MICFan34 said:

In 6A, can Pike or Zionsville surprise Avon/Brownsburg after their huge sectional opener? 

5A: Bloomington South..Played a pretty decent schedule and have a manageable sectional and even more of a manageable potential regional opponent. 

4A: Agree wholeheartedly with the Rebels as a darkhorse. Would potentially face Mt. Vernon/Pendleton Heights in Regionals, and then face rival East Central or Mooresville in Semistate. 

3A: Mishawaka Marian? It seems like Chatard or WL's northern bracket to lose but could Marian pull off a shocker in Semistate?

2A: Heritage Christian... They haven't exactly played a murderer's row of a schedule but they do have a solid, young coach in Coach Ray. 

6A: Zionsville was able to surprise Bburg in the upset of the tourney so far. Can they keep it rolling against BD even with several injuries to key playmakers? 

5A: Can Bloomington South beat Floyd Central and then shock Cathedral/New Pal after such an emotional game for those two teams?

4A: Can Roncalli beat MV and then upset Mooresville or Evansville Memorial? I'm thinking no but if Roncalli can get Memorial at home, crazy things happen at Roncalli Stadium in the tournament.

3A: How likely of a shot does Marian have against Chatard? Based on Chatard's schedule and scores, it seems like a slim chance but who knows come tourney time. 

2A: Does HC unseat the defending champ? 

Surprisingly, all my darkhorses are still alive. Should have sent in a Tourney Pick em lol. 

24 minutes ago, MICFan34 said:

6A: Zionsville was able to surprise Bburg in the upset of the tourney so far. Can they keep it rolling against BD even with several injuries to key playmakers? 

5A: Can Bloomington South beat Floyd Central and then shock Cathedral/New Pal after such an emotional game for those two teams?

4A: Can Roncalli beat MV and then upset Mooresville or Evansville Memorial? I'm thinking no but if Roncalli can get Memorial at home, crazy things happen at Roncalli Stadium in the tournament.

3A: How likely of a shot does Marian have against Chatard? Based on Chatard's schedule and scores, it seems like a slim chance but who knows come tourney time. 

2A: Does HC unseat the defending champ? 

Surprisingly, all my darkhorses are still alive. Should have sent in a Tourney Pick em lol. 

I highly doubt regardless of who wins the New Pal / Cathedral game that they will have a let down in playing the way they have played all year because they beat the other team. I say that because the Irish have been in some pretty big games as has New Pal to this point. Regardless which team wins they will move on to the next game in business like approach. Doesn't guarantee they would win the Semi-State but I think you will see they will approach it like any other game.

27 minutes ago, MICFan34 said:

BHSS  in a lot of minds should beat floyd  ''if' they put their work in this week . South has been up and down this year.  With an injury here and there (not as bad as the last 3 or 4 years) and a one game suspension here and there and a qb that didn't make his first start until week 4 i just don't think bhss has built up enough continuity/improvement this season to be able to defeat cathedral or new pal or valpo/dwenger  for that matter. Those teams are on a different level i believe, even if everything goes wrong  for those teams and everything goes right for bhss i think all you would get is a competitive game for 2 quarters.     Which i would still like to see happen. 

23 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

I highly doubt regardless of who wins the New Pal / Cathedral game that they will have a let down in playing the way they have played all year because they beat the other team. I say that because the Irish have been in some pretty big games as has New Pal to this point. Regardless which team wins they will move on to the next game in business like approach. Doesn't guarantee they would win the Semi-State but I think you will see they will approach it like any other game.

Good point. Just hard to REALLY know when you're dealing with 15-18 year old kids. 

23 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

BHSS  in a lot of minds should beat floyd  ''if' they put their work in this week . South has been up and down this year.  With an injury here and there (not as bad as the last 3 or 4 years) and a one game suspension here and there and a qb that didn't make his first start until week 4 i just don't think bhss has built up enough continuity/improvement this season to be able to defeat cathedral or new pal or valpo/dwenger  for that matter. Those teams are on a different level i believe, even if everything goes wrong  for those teams and everything goes right for bhss i think all you would get is a competitive game for 2 quarters.     Which i would still like to see happen. 

How has their stud RB from the past few years been this year? That dude makes some incredible cuts and is able to really make an explosive play out of nothing.  

7 minutes ago, MICFan34 said:

How has their stud RB from the past few years been this year? That dude makes some incredible cuts and is able to really make an explosive play out of nothing.  

Little guy? Our sr. RB is 5'5 155 lbs but  has a really good 100 m time. Not sure exactly what it is but speed is his advantage if he can get a crease in the blocking he will be gone. He actually broke the all time career rushing record for bhss last week vs castle. Mind you the panthers have been to at least the regional title game  everyone of his seasons at bhss so that was a lot of opportunity to break the all time career bhss rushing record South has not be know for thier running game historically so 4000 yards was all he needed to get the record. Qb is our question mark . COuld have been a very very good team this year had we been better at qb. Not slamming our qb at all but he has only started 6 or 7 games now guess i mean that had we had more experience there we could have been a lot better because we have some really good receivers.