Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

John Harrell's Sectional Predictions %%

On 10/23/2019 at 1:46 PM, FastpacedO said:

I'm not sure if they are a favorite. I think New Pal and Cathedral are right there at the top as favorites in 5A. That being said, I think the numbers that the percentages come from are skewed only because of some of the conference opponents New Pal has (not in New Pal's control). Also there are 8 teams that can boost or drop for New Pal by the numbers in Sagarin and only 5 for Cathedral (since sagarin does not include out of state teams).

Actual talent and play between the 2 (New Pal and Cathedral) I think it's a toss up. Just my personal opinion.

Lets not forget, New Pal lost to Brebeuf by 4 touch downs!  Not sure what you are talking about.  I hope New Pal makes it to Regionals to play Cathedral. 

• Haha 1

On 10/24/2019 at 9:14 AM, WCGrad92 said:

After filling out my brackets for the tourney, I came up with these Finalists.  Again, I am not looking for anyone to agree or disagree, just my gut going through all the games one at a time and placing who I think is going to win on any given Friday.

6A - Avon (23.38%) vs Homestead(1.95%)  (Yes, I realize first year no MIC team in Final)

5A - New Palestine(18.87%) vs Valparaiso(21.32%)

4A - East Noble(7.21%) vs East Central(19.15%)

3A - Ind. Chatard(63.18%) vs Heritage Hills(9.96%)

2A - Cass(28.03%) vs Evans Mater Dei(7.18%)

1A - South Adams(14.75%) vs Ind Lutheran(53.6%)

Just my 2 cents

Bold picks… No Center Grove, no Cathedral, East Noble plays Leo first round, Chatard is 4A, no Luers, Eastbrook or Andrean in 2A, SA was beaten 23-0 by Monroe Central this year.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Purdue Pete said:

Bold picks… No Center Grove, no Cathedral, East Noble plays Leo first round, Chatard is 4A, no Luers, Eastbrook or Andrean in 2A, SA was beaten 23-0 by Monroe Central this year.

You ARE aware you are replying to a post from 2019, right? 😁

• Kill me now 1

49 minutes ago, Sports Freak20 said:

Lets not forget, New Pal lost to Brebeuf by 4 touch downs!  Not sure what you are talking about.  I hope New Pal makes it to Regionals to play Cathedral. 

Part of not being sure is that he posted this in 2019. 

nice going Gipper. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1
  • Disdain 1

16 minutes ago, Purdue Pete said:

Those were from 2019,  Thanks Irishman  LOL

• Like 1

On 10/16/2021 at 11:14 AM, Sports Freak20 said:

@Irishmanalready let the cat out of the bag, but I was going to let you know these posts were from 2019. I have slept a lot since then.

In all seriousness Sectional 14 is an intriguing sectional to me. The Sectional 14 championship could be Whiteland vs New Palestine. That being said New Pal plays Franklin and Whiteland plays Columbus East. Whiteland beat Columbus East 28-7 earlier this season Aug 20th, and Whiteland lost to Franklin 35-21 on September 10th. Sagarin has Whiteland as 45% chance of winning the sectional and New Pal at 34% chance of winning the sectional. Sectional 14 could be one of the most competitive Sectionals with 4 teams that could be a toss up. I will throw a prediction that both home teams win (Whiteland beats Columbus East and New Pal beats Franklin). Which will make for an interesting game as I am sure New Pal will want to avenge last years sectional loss.

2 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

@Irishmanalready let the cat out of the bag, but I was going to let you know these posts were from 2019. I have slept a lot since then.

In all seriousness Sectional 14 is an intriguing sectional to me. The Sectional 14 championship could be Whiteland vs New Palestine. That being said New Pal plays Franklin and Whiteland plays Columbus East. Whiteland beat Columbus East 28-7 earlier this season Aug 20th, and Whiteland lost to Franklin 35-21 on September 10th. Sagarin has Whiteland as 45% chance of winning the sectional and New Pal at 34% chance of winning the sectional. Sectional 14 could be one of the most competitive Sectionals with 4 teams that could be a toss up. I will throw a prediction that both home teams win (Whiteland beats Columbus East and New Pal beats Franklin). Which will make for an interesting game as I am sure New Pal will want to avenge last years sectional loss.

Whiteland had some early season injuries (including QB) if I’m not mistaken?

I think they are finally rounding into form and will win 14 going away.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at Harrells predictions for sectional finals week made me dredge up this topic...He seems to have contradicted his picks and predictions several times throughout the list.

7 hours ago, Brettlow said:

No, from 2021...Would you like me to draw you some pictures with crayons?

Look at the date of the topic. Everything prediction is based off the stats from 2019….when the topic was originally posted. 
cute touch about the crayons though. 🤣 

One can only guess that you somehow believe the stats from this year automatically populated an app from two years ago. Did it take crayons for that kind of magic to just happen? 🤣

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

Look at the date of the topic. Everything prediction is based off the stats from 2019….when the topic was originally posted. 

One can only guess that you somehow believe the stats from this year automatically populated an app from two years ago. Did it take crayons for that kind of magic to just happen? 🤣

Are we talking jumbo crayons or small ones. I prefer the jumbo onesr!

8 hours ago, Irishman said:

Go to Harrells site and it has the predictions for this year...The last 15-20 posts have been about 2021...just because you can't figure it out doesn't mean it isn't true...So again I ask if you need help with this...

18 minutes ago, Brettlow said:

Go to Harrells site and it has the predictions for this year...The last 15-20 posts have been about 2021...just because you can't figure it out doesn't mean it isn't true...So again I ask if you need help with this...

But the first several posts were comments regarding the 2019 predictions. If you also go back, that is quite noticeable too. and to the people who added comments that they did not realize it was from 2019.... soooo, maybe start a topic with the link for this season???? Or do you need your crayons back? 😄

38 minutes ago, Irishman said:

But the first several posts were comments regarding the 2019 predictions. If you also go back, that is quite noticeable too. and to the people who added comments that they did not realize it was from 2019.... soooo, maybe start a topic with the link for this season???? Or do you need your crayons back? 😄

Why start a new topic when this one is right here...Several posts apply to what I'm trying to say...You would think a moderator could figure that out.  So, I ask again, do you need help with this???  Or would you rather I just quit posting on here because it upsets your delicate ideal of how this forum should run?