Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

CIC Round 1.  Who is making in to next week? 

By the Saragin numbers:

Delta @ Mississinewa = Delta favored by 10

Peru @ Oak Hill = Oak Hill favored by 4.5

Tipton @ Frankton = Tipton favored by 30

Eastbrook @ Blackford = Eastbrook favored by 22

Alexandria @ Elwood = Alexandria favored by 36.5

Madison Grant @ Taylor = Madison Grant favored by 29.5

Who are you taking?

22 minutes ago, bittergymteacher said:

By the Saragin numbers:

Who are you taking?

Going with all favorites this week, don't know enough about Peru to go against the prediction. 

All the favourites! 

Only 2 games that should or could be close:

Delta @ ole miss- i believe Delta has to many weapons in the end and wins this by 7-10..

Peru @ Oak Hill- i am going with Oak Hill riding the momentum of their win against Alexandria. OH is better than record.

Peru at Oak Hill--Peru has a couple of decent wins and Oak Hill is riding a 3 game winning streak.  Oak Hill's offense has seemed to show up at the right time.  Oak Hill wins this one.

Tipton at Frankton--Frankton has talent unfortunately none of the talent has showed up on the football field this year.  Tipton is young starting a number of sophomore's and junior's.  Tipton snaps a losing streak and runs away with this one.

Eastbrook at Blackford--Just a couple of weeks ago these two met at Blackford.  Blackford led at halftime.  The injury bug has hit Blackford and they lost their QB.  This week Eastbrook leads at halftime and rests primary players most of the 4th quarter as they cruise to the win.

Alexandria at Elwood--Alexandria scores early and often so they can scrimmage the second half of this one.  Alex by a lot

MG at Taylor--Talyor has a nice field and scoreboard but MG is ready to pitch another shutout to make it 3 in a row as they win by how ever much they want.

Delta at Mississinewa---This one is a tough one.  Delta manhandled Eastbrook but then lost to Pendleton Heights.  Mississinewa only lost to Eastbrook.  Delta has the tougher schedule.  Mississinewa has been able to rest players the 4th quarter a lot this year. Mississinewa is at full strength this week and the Campbell brothers are running all over everybody the last few weeks.  Delta will put up at strong defense to try to contain the running game.  Mississinewa has shown a little bit of a passing game but hasn't really needed it all season.  Mississinewa has also showed a kicking game aka field goals.  This game is at Mississinewa and the crowd will be large and loud.  In the end Mississinewa pulls out the win on a field goal by Sallade.

Oak Hill vs Peru:  Oak Hill is on a good roll right now.  With home field advantage they win this one by 10.

Delta vs Mississinewa = I really want to pick Ole Miss on this one but I think the strength of schedule is going to really play an effect.  I am sadly  picking Delta by 14

Tipton vs Frankton = NO words for Frankton getting beat 27-0 by Madison Grant week 9.  Tipton wins this by 35.

Eastbrook @ Blackford = Eastbrook remembers how close this was first half and unleashes this week.  Eastbrook by 35 over Blackford.

Alexandria @ Elwood = Even Alex can't screw this up.  Alex by 450.

Madison Grant @ Taylor = Great draw for Madison Grant.  They go into this confident after pounding the Eagle and win by 21.

1 hour ago, Indiansreloaded said:

Peru at Oak Hill--Peru has a couple of decent wins and Oak Hill is riding a 3 game winning streak.  Oak Hill's offense has seemed to show up at the right time.  Oak Hill wins this one.

Tipton at Frankton--Frankton has talent unfortunately none of the talent has showed up on the football field this year.  Tipton is young starting a number of sophomore's and junior's.  Tipton snaps a losing streak and runs away with this one.

Eastbrook at Blackford--Just a couple of weeks ago these two met at Blackford.  Blackford led at halftime.  The injury bug has hit Blackford and they lost their QB.  This week Eastbrook leads at halftime and rests primary players most of the 4th quarter as they cruise to the win.

Alexandria at Elwood--Alexandria scores early and often so they can scrimmage the second half of this one.  Alex by a lot

MG at Taylor--Talyor has a nice field and scoreboard but MG is ready to pitch another shutout to make it 3 in a row as they win by how ever much they want.

Delta at Mississinewa---This one is a tough one.  Delta manhandled Eastbrook but then lost to Pendleton Heights.  Mississinewa only lost to Eastbrook.  Delta has the tougher schedule.  Mississinewa has been able to rest players the 4th quarter a lot this year. Mississinewa is at full strength this week and the Campbell brothers are running all over everybody the last few weeks.  Delta will put up at strong defense to try to contain the running game.  Mississinewa has shown a little bit of a passing game but hasn't really needed it all season.  Mississinewa has also showed a kicking game aka field goals.  This game is at Mississinewa and the crowd will be large and loud.  In the end Mississinewa pulls out the win on a field goal by Sallade.

Delta has also been able to run and throw on people. Might also add Delta has a hell of kicker. Most people don’t know the kid has been kicking with his left foot the last few weeks and still isn’t slowing him down! 

36 minutes ago, franktonite said:

Unfortunately the best game this week (in CIC land) is between sectional 36 foes Eastern and Lapel, neither of which belong to the CIC, but wouldn't it be cool if they both did??????  10 team CIC with a North and South division????

I absolutely agree 

9 hours ago, Playmaker said:

Delta has also been able to run and throw on people. Might also add Delta has a hell of kicker. Most people don’t know the kid has been kicking with his left foot the last few weeks and still isn’t slowing him down! 

Mississinewa's kicker has hit from beyond 40 yards more than once this year.  Delta and Mississinewa pretty evenly matched.  The last time these two played each other it was a very cold snowy, sleeting, freezing rain, and windy night at Delta.  This time it is at Mississinewa and the locker rooms are both field side where the clock can be seen from the locker room.  At Delta the visitor's had a 2-3 minute walk/jog over to the locker room and no view of the clock.  Mississinewa ended up with a delay of game to start the second half because of this.  Mississinewa didn't play well in that game at all and Delta had their number that year.  This game will be close

8 minutes ago, Indiansreloaded said:

Mississinewa's kicker has hit from beyond 40 yards more than once this year.  Delta and Mississinewa pretty evenly matched.  The last time these two played each other it was a very cold snowy, sleeting, freezing rain, and windy night at Delta.  This time it is at Mississinewa and the locker rooms are both field side where the clock can be seen from the locker room.  At Delta the visitor's had a 2-3 minute walk/jog over to the locker room and no view of the clock.  Mississinewa ended up with a delay of game to start the second half because of this.  Mississinewa didn't play well in that game at all and Delta had their number that year.  This game will be close

Delta kicker has hit from 60 in practice with a normal kicking situation 🤷🏼‍♂️. Deltas locker room isn’t much closer than the visitors and has no view of the scoreboard, sometimes you have to keep track of the time from a coach. If I recall eastbrook you can’t see it from the locker room so must be why eastbrook won against them this year?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Playmaker said:

Delta kicker has hit from 60 in practice with a normal kicking situation 🤷🏼‍♂️. Deltas locker room isn’t much closer than the visitors and has no view of the scoreboard, sometimes you have to keep track of the time from a coach. If I recall eastbrook you can’t see it from the locker room so must be why eastbrook won against them this year?

Eastbrook's can be seen from the locker room.  It's tough to see but not that hard.  Mississinewa actually had a couple of injured players and the game was still close and competitive.  Plus when these two play the intensity is unreal.  It's like IU/Purdue games records can be thrown out as the rivalry is so big.  The rivalry trickles all the way down to the youth teams.  The Mississinewa youth program played in a football tournament at Eastbrook and received shirts that said Eastbrook on them.  During the summer conditioning program kids wore the shirts and were told to turn them wrong side out so Eastbrook could not be seen.  Eastbrook is good year in and year out even in a down year they find a way to win.  Mississinewa has let downs on both sides of the ball.  They also run a very complex offense that is sometimes unpredictable and other times very predictable.  Using 3 QB's has created a different look.  This week will tell if Mississinewa is in for a long run.  Either way the winner of this game has to go thru a very good and fast Marion team to win the Sectional.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Indiansreloaded said:

Eastbrook's can be seen from the locker room.  It's tough to see but not that hard.  Mississinewa actually had a couple of injured players and the game was still close and competitive.  Plus when these two play the intensity is unreal.  It's like IU/Purdue games records can be thrown out as the rivalry is so big.  The rivalry trickles all the way down to the youth teams.  The Mississinewa youth program played in a football tournament at Eastbrook and received shirts that said Eastbrook on them.  During the summer conditioning program kids wore the shirts and were told to turn them wrong side out so Eastbrook could not be seen.  Eastbrook is good year in and year out even in a down year they find a way to win.  Mississinewa has let downs on both sides of the ball.  They also run a very complex offense that is sometimes unpredictable and other times very predictable.  Using 3 QB's has created a different look.  This week will tell if Mississinewa is in for a long run.  Either way the winner of this game has to go thru a very good and fast Marion team to win the Sectional.

Well if I remember right they had a “stud” running back that was held under 100 yards and the final was something like 42-0 so competitive. And please don’t compare to IU/Purdue cuz they aren’t good lol. But I know what your saying with rivalry games it doesn’t matter it’s a rival. On the end those teams from before aren’t playing Friday and it should be a good game. Lots of good athletes going at it and two great coaches doing the right thing. I think I’m the end Deltas SOS pays off but it’ll be a battle in Gas City. 

1 hour ago, Indiansreloaded said:

I was there that night! 2-3 minutes is generous. It was probably 5 minutes. When the 15 minutes expired and no sign of Mississinewa we went to get the team. We ran into a couple coaches part way there and they were surprised to learn time had expired. It had probably 0:00 for 5 minutes already at that point. Teams almost always have someone who sets their own watch. In addition to the 15-yard delay penalty there was also a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on the Mississinewa RB at the end of the half so Delta kicked from the +30. I'm surprised they didn't try an onside kick. That was probably my most miserable weather night on a HS football field.

1 hour ago, Playmaker said:

Well if I remember right they had a “stud” running back that was held under 100 yards and the final was something like 42-0 so competitive. And please don’t compare to IU/Purdue cuz they aren’t good lol. But I know what your saying with rivalry games it doesn’t matter it’s a rival. On the end those teams from before aren’t playing Friday and it should be a good game. Lots of good athletes going at it and two great coaches doing the right thing. I think I’m the end Deltas SOS pays off but it’ll be a battle in Gas City. 

Was referring to this year's Eastbrook/Mississinewa game.  The game was a good game despite Mississinewa missing a key RB/DB and a few others.  It will be a good game this week.  Over all in the sectional Marion has a fairly easy road to the Sectional Championship game.  To me the Mississinewa/Delta game is the Sectional Championship game as it will have that type of feel to it. I can't be there because of work but wish I could be.

18 minutes ago, JustRules said:

I was there that night! 2-3 minutes is generous. It was probably 5 minutes. When the 15 minutes expired and no sign of Mississinewa we went to get the team. We ran into a couple coaches part way there and they were surprised to learn time had expired. It had probably 0:00 for 5 minutes already at that point. Teams almost always have someone who sets their own watch. In addition to the 15-yard delay penalty there was also a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on the Mississinewa RB at the end of the half so Delta kicked from the +30. I'm surprised they didn't try an onside kick. That was probably my most miserable weather night on a HS football field.

Yes it was the worst weather for a game that I had ever been too.  I was surprised to that Delta didn't try onside kick.  If I remember right that game was one where the kick went into the wind and the ball came back towards the kicking team a few times.  The locker room situation there needs to be addressed as there is room to build them closer to the stadium, even if in the endzone area.  They just did some major construction and are still working on some of it and one would think that this would have been addressed.

2 minutes ago, Indiansreloaded said:

Yes it was the worst weather for a game that I had ever been too.  I was surprised to that Delta didn't try onside kick.  If I remember right that game was one where the kick went into the wind and the ball came back towards the kicking team a few times.  The locker room situation there needs to be addressed as there is room to build them closer to the stadium, even if in the endzone area.  They just did some major construction and are still working on some of it and one would think that this would have been addressed.

That is the only time I've ever been at Delta. I have since been told most teams don't go to the locker room at half because of the distance. I would think there is someplace closer they can go at halftime. At a minimum they should have made it a 20-minute halftime and had us start it late so they had a little time. Good luck this Friday! This is probably one of the best games in the state this week.

15 hours ago, bittergymteacher said:

By the Saragin numbers:

Who are you taking?

Ole Miss on a walk off field goal!

Oak Hill on a last series defensive stand!

I'll take the over on Eastbrook and Alex

I'll take the under on Tipton and MG

16 hours ago, Indiansreloaded said:

Was referring to this year's Eastbrook/Mississinewa game.  The game was a good game despite Mississinewa missing a key RB/DB and a few others.  It will be a good game this week.  Over all in the sectional Marion has a fairly easy road to the Sectional Championship game.  To me the Mississinewa/Delta game is the Sectional Championship game as it will have that type of feel to it. I can't be there because of work but wish I could be.

What key RB/DB was Ole Miss missing that game? And a few others? 

All the favorites win this week. Excited for a Tipton-Eastbrook matchup. Always fun playing somebody different. 

On 10/23/2019 at 8:40 PM, Indiansreloaded said:

The last time they played each other is irrelevant. None of those players will be playing tonight and there are different coaches and schemes involved.

This has been a fun thread. I am definitely sad to see this season likely end with the same fart noise with which it began for my Panthers.  I hope the rest of my CIC brethren get to see their favorite teams get some big W's tonight. I am also taking extra solace in the fact that if the Mississinewa Indians do lose tonight, it won't be due to the performance of their own athletes but rather factors beyond their own control such as:

1) employing a coaching staff who apparently loves long halftimes as much as they hate wearing watches

2) an opponent wearing longer cleats than them

3) an unfortunate injury to the 4th string punter which instantly negates an unfavorable outcome

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Congrats to the CIC teams that advanced.  Eastbrook handled Blackford.  MG scored a season high with 67 points.  Alexandria didn't score as much and held Elwood to fewer points than a couple of weeks ago.  Mississinewa made a statement by beating a very good and talented Delta team who was the favorite to win the Sectional.  

3 hours ago, 36_Belly said:

Eastbrook took care of business last night. And, according to the announcer on the radio, Mississinewa put on a defensive clinic to beat a very good Delta squad. Good luck to the CIC teams next week.

Would like to see Eastbrook play Eastern for the Sectional Championship and Mississinewa play Marion.  Both are very likely.  Eastbrook has the tougher route to get to the Sectional Championship game as they play Tipton a young very good team.  Mississinewa on the other hand plays Huntington North that has only won 3 games all year against very weak teams at that.  The 3 teams they beat had 2 wins between all 3 teams all season.  Good Luck to all CIC teams this week