Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Christmas concert gone horribly awry

Tanka Jahari

So a while back I was attending my child's Christmas concert at the local church. I felt my intestines rumbling with the dawning of a new fart. Since it was my first fart of the evening, I thought I would be safe to slide that one out, because my opening fart rarely smells. Imagine my horror when I caught the first whiff of what was easily the most potent, acrid flatus in my long career of breaking wind. I tried to act normal, hoping people would not know it was me that was responsible for the noxious cloud overtaking the sanctuary, but then my wife and another of my children started staring at me accusingly. They knew immediately that it was me. I was doomed. The worst part was that the pew I was sitting on had a thin layer of foam padding on top of the wooden base. Every time I shifted, more of the horrible smell would waft up out of the foam, adding to the volume of odor. Oh, how it lingered and lingered. I saw people in the pews in front of me looking at each other with a mixture of horror and utter disgust etched on their faces. They were trapped and they knew they had no reprieve from the wrath of my colon. Confessing to you all anonymously helps me deal with the weight of the guilt that I live with every day. Thank you.