Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Rep. Katie Hill - Does #metoo apply to an openly Bi woman?

swordfish

https://www.redstate.com/jenvanlaar/2019/10/22/metoo-concerns-arise-katie-hills-throuple-partner-describes-toxic-relationship-boss/

Since the story about freshman Rep. Katie Hill’s “throuple” relationship with a young female staffer broke last week, the common response from progressives in the media and Hill apologists has sounded something like this:

“It was a consensual relationship between two adults, and she wasn’t part of Hill’s Congressional staff, so it’s none of our business.”

But was the relationship really consensual? In the age of #MeToo, activists contend that when a large power imbalance exists, such as between a CEO and an employee, the employee is incapable of giving consent. Even assuming that true consent existed at the beginning of the relationship, the power imbalance could keep an employee in a bad relationship for fear that they will lose their job or suffer other negative consequences.

In the case of the Hill throuple, text messages between Kenny Heslep and Hill’s staffer from June 2019 depict an unhealthy, toxic relationship – Heslep even characterizes the way in which he and Hill treated the staffer as “abusive” as he apologizes for hurting her.

What will the Democrat Party do with this one?

https://nypost.com/2019/10/24/katie-hill-admits-her-throuple-relationship-was-a-bad-idea/

Rep. Katie Hill admitted this week that the relationship she had with a staffer was “inappropriate,” amid allegations she was involved in a “throuple” with her husband and the subordinate.

The California Democrat said Wednesday that she became involved with the campaign worker during the “final tumultuous years” of her abusive marriage to Kenny Heslep, the National Review reported.

“I know that even a consensual relationship with a subordinate is inappropriate, but I still allowed it to happen despite my better judgment,” Hill said in a statement. “For that, I apologize. I wish nothing but the best for her and hope everyone respects her privacy in this difficult time.”

Hill, who is openly bisexual, had previously slammed reports that she was involved in a three-way relationship as a “smear campaign” after intimate photos were exposed by the conservative outlet RedState.

“The fact is I am going through a divorce from an abusive husband who seems determined to try to humiliate me,” she told The Post in a statement. “I am disgusted that my opponents would seek to exploit such a private matter for political gain.”

She also said claims that she had a solo affair with her legislative director, Graham Kelly, were “absolutely false.”

“I am saddened that the deeply personal matter of my divorce has been brought into public view and the vindictive claims of my ex have now involved the lives and reputations of unrelated parties,” she said.

The House Ethics Committee announced Wednesday it launched an investigation into Hill’s romantic life.

“The Committee is aware of public allegations that Representative Katie Hill may have engaged in a sexual relationship with an individual on her congressional staff,” the committee said in a statement.

“The Committee… has begun an investigation and will gather additional information regarding the allegations.”

Probably shouldn't have lied about it, then admitted to it later.........