Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Southern Wells Coach

10 hours ago, LouH said:

Any word on what SW is going to do for a new coach?  Why did the old coach leave after just one year?

He posted the following on Facebook:

Southern Wells Community Members and supporters: 

I have decided to resign as Head Football Coach at Southern Wells. I would like to thank our administrators, staff members, community members, coaching staff and most importantly our players for the support throughout the last year. 

Being a Head Football Coach brought about a lot of challenges that I didn’t expect. At this time I feel that it would be best for a new leader to take over and lead this program. This was a extremely difficult decision to make but one that I think will be best both for myself and Southern Wells Football. I look forward to finishing the year off at Southern Wells as a teacher. In the future I would like to try to find employment closer to my family in Michigan as being away from them has been increasingly difficult. 

I would like to wish Southern Wells Football the best in the future. I will definitely always be rooting for the Raiders.

• Like 2

Seemed like he was doing the right things to bring them back. Wish him the best and good for him for putting his family first. They could do well in the conference this coming season. My beloved Jets will be reloading. South Adams should be pretty strong this year, and I am sure Woodlan will bounce back. Outside of those two, you will have AC, Bluffton, SW, Heritage, and Jay County that will be pretty competitive. Wouldn't be surprised if Jay County doesn't enter the mix for first place. 

They will probably have limited teaching openings to work with, especially if Mose does not find a job closer to home and ends up staying.  If he leaves that would open a social studies position.  SW has rarely hired a lay coach for football, boys basketball, or girls basketball.  There are a few coaches I know of that teach social studies and might be a good fit if that is the teaching position they have to work with.  I won’t speculate (I know, board rules), but there may be some interest from assistants (not necessarily social studies) at other schools.  A couple have coached in the program before.  They have pretty good gigs where they are now as assistants.

The biggest challenge for whoever they hire will be to get the numbers built up so they can be competitive again.

Edited by HoopsCoach

• 2 months later...