Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SECTIONAL 40 ROUND 2

16 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

Thanks for all you did for Miner sports!  Going to miss seeing you on the sidelines.  I still remember when you, my son, and I were all right on the goal line during the Scecina semi-state game and thought Linton had scored.  LOL  That was one crazy night!  Just one of many memories from Miner football lore.  Best of luck in your newest endeavor!

I often thought, what a privilege it was to be the guy who got to cover Miner football. Right place, right time I guess.

5 minutes ago, NorthKnox94 said:

38 degrees at kickoff...dress warm...should be a great game to watch down at the bowl...

I think both semi-final games will good ones.  Of the 4 teams remaining, in round one there were 3 shutouts, and 3 blowouts (blowouts were by North Knox, Mater Dei, and Linton, the three shutouts were by Forrest Park, Mater Dei and Linton).  With the defenses that each team seems to have,  I don't see any blowouts and expect both games to be somewhat lower scoring.  I'm thinking 20 points will be enough to win in either game.  After all of  that, now watch both games become shootouts.  LOL  Put that Bob Kostas on 'em, boy!

BEST OF LUCK AND GOOD HEALTH TO ALL WHO PLAY THE GREATEST GAME ON THE PLANET!!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

Good way to look at it.  I don't believe in luck, but I do believe in being at the right place at the right time. 

So without Luck how do you get to the right place and time? This baffles me. Id really like hear more. Is it preordained? Feel free to message me on this. How do you do missions that you encountered hostile fire on and survive? Its the Luck at that time. I guess one could say its a training issue, capability issue or otherwise. Luck of the Drawl is a BIG deal in Aviation as well  as life to me

11 minutes ago, globemstr3 said:

So without Luck how do you get to the right place and time? This baffles me. Id really like hear more. Is it preordained? Feel free to message me on this. How do you do missions that you encountered hostile fire on and survive? Its the Luck at that time. I guess one could say its a training issue, capability issue or otherwise. Luck of the Drawl is a BIG deal in Aviation as well  as life to me

I think I answered my own question about Luck. Couldn't delete my post somehow. Ya Luck is a bad  term.

4 hours ago, NorthKnox94 said:

we talked about that yesterday at practice...on the practice field...no wind...down on the field...blowing 20mph...lol

It ALWAYS seems to be a strong wind any time I've been there...  and on those rainy cold nights.. of which there have been plenty.. that wind howls!   Course I KNOW you KNOW this!! 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Miner_Pride said:

It ALWAYS seems to be a strong wind any time I've been there...  and on those rainy cold nights.. of which there have been plenty.. that wind howls!   Course I KNOW you KNOW this!! 

I remember the Sectional championship game in 1998 at North Daviess.  The wind was blowing pretty strong that night.  Thank goodness there was no precipitation.  The temperature bottomed out during the day.  By game time the wind chill was 17 below zero!  What a raw night that was.

For the first time since we’ve started up our series together- I believe Linton actually has a legit and real shot to take home this sectional crown. Very impressed with their team. In my opinion- they’ll have to clear that “mental hurdle” of actually beating MD ...and that can be a challenge in-and-of itself. Just reading some of the Linton material on this thread- the Linton faithful make it sound like it’d be some sort of HUGE upset were they to win...and I’m not so sure. Linton has all the tools to get it done. The question is can they?? I think it will come down to a break here or a break there...

On the other side- give me the Rangers winning a defensive battle 14-8. 

9 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

I remember the Sectional championship game in 1998 at North Daviess.  The wind was blowing pretty strong that night.  Thank goodness there was no precipitation.  The temperature bottomed out during the day.  By game time the wind chill was 17 below zero!  What a raw night that was.

I think the coldest/miserable ever been watching a game would be semi state against Eastern Habcock. That wind blowing across  them fields.

7 minutes ago, Ugminer said:

I think the coldest/miserable ever been watching a game would be semi state against Eastern Habcock. That wind blowing across  them fields.

The temps were already ridiculous without the wind. 

I remember at Linton In 86, semi state gate vs (I think??) Tri-west it was absolutely cold, windy, snow on the ground miserable. The Karazia brothers were coaching then and still wore their shorts during the game.  Linton had large portable heaters on the sidelines for the team. Was a great game that Linton ended up losing. 

16 minutes ago, lp3coda said:

I remember at Linton In 86, semi state gate vs (I think??) Tri-west it was absolutely cold, windy, snow on the ground miserable. The Karazia brothers were coaching then and still wore their shorts during the game.  Linton had large portable heaters on the sidelines for the team. Was a great game that Linton ended up losing. 

Yes I remember going as a kid. Semi state was against south Putnam. I remember all of them in shorts. Even a few years later I remember I think against Monrovia snow on ground and whole coaching staff  wearing  short.

Edited by Ugminer

36 minutes ago, Ugminer said:

Yes I remember going as a kid. Semi state was against south Putnam. I remember all of them in shorts. Even a few years later I remember I think against Monrovia snow on ground and whole coaching staff  wearing  short.

South Put...my memory has failed me again lol.  I was fairly young at the time myself. Everyone in the stands had blankets slung over the railings to block the wind. And those guys and their shorts tradition...too funny. 

4 hours ago, lp3coda said:

South Put...my memory has failed me again lol.  I was fairly young at the time myself. Everyone in the stands had blankets slung over the railings to block the wind. And those guys and their shorts tradition...too funny. 

Coach Weber always wore shorts too when he coached at Linton.  I'm standing watching a game in November with insulated everything on and a heavy Carhart jacket and he's in shorts.  LOL 

10 hours ago, jets said:

For the first time since we’ve started up our series together- I believe Linton actually has a legit and real shot to take home this sectional crown. Very impressed with their team. In my opinion- they’ll have to clear that “mental hurdle” of actually beating MD ...and that can be a challenge in-and-of itself. Just reading some of the Linton material on this thread- the Linton faithful make it sound like it’d be some sort of HUGE upset were they to win...and I’m not so sure. Linton has all the tools to get it done. The question is can they?? I think it will come down to a break here or a break there...

On the other side- give me the Rangers winning a defensive battle 14-8. 

linton's schedule is a lot weaker this year...in my opinion...except southridge and North Knox...

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, NorthKnox94 said:

linton's schedule is a lot weaker this year...in my opinion...except southridge and North Knox...

North Vermillion's only loss is  to Linton and they went to state last year.  I would say that is a solid opponent.  And they played Sullivan, who beat your team btw.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 2017statechamps said:

North Vermillion's only loss is  to Linton and they went to state last year.  I would say that is a solid opponent.  And they played Sullivan, who beat your team btw.  

I know...we played our worse game against sullivan...not knocking them...great season...but, when compare md schedule to Lintons...it's hard to say they are comparable.  Not knocking them...just saying

7 hours ago, lp3coda said:

The regional game was Tri High, we didn't play Tri West.  Yes, the coldest I think, that I have ever been.  We won that game, and got beat by South Putnam the following week in Semi-State at home, and in a much, much warmer environment.

59 minutes ago, NorthKnox94 said:

I know...we played our worse game against sullivan...not knocking them...great season...but, when compare md schedule to Lintons...it's hard to say they are comparable.  Not knocking them...just saying

We already know that and have been saying that.  MD plays a tougher schedule than Linton.  To say that Linton's Schedule is weaker this year, isn't a true statement.   Other than Boonville, it's the same one they played last year.  Now if you want to say some teams on Linton's schedule are "down" this year, that's different.  I don't recall seeing any Linton posters saying that the Miners schedule it comparable to MD's.  Good luck to the Warriors tonight. 

25 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

We already know that and have been saying that.  MD plays a tougher schedule than Linton.  To say that Linton's Schedule is weaker this year, isn't a true statement.   Other than Boonville, it's the same one they played last year.  Now if you want to say some teams on Linton's schedule are "down" this year, that's different.  I don't recall seeing any Linton posters saying that the Miners schedule it comparable to MD's.  Good luck to the Warriors tonight. 

That's what i meant...not what I said...and thanks...just came out wrong...

Edited by NorthKnox94