Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The rout is on!

BTF

3 hours ago, Bobref said:

And when the winner of the LSU - Alabama game loses in the SEC title game, all hell will break loose. 

And if Norte Dame wins out, then they could very well claim the fourth spot.  Leave Alabama out of it this year!   Go Irish!

Chase Young for Heisman!  4 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, and 5 tackles for loss.  For most guys that is a season.  He did it in one freakin' game today!  He has 13.5 sacks for the year so far.  C'mon touchdown club, give it to a defender for once!

3 hours ago, DT said:

The Minnesota Golden Gophers are also undefeated and on their way to winning over Maryland.   

Minnesota vs Penn State next week

The gophers won’t win out lol

they have penn state Iowa northwestern and Wisconsin left. 

they just have faced a favorable schedule early on 

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

The gophers won’t win out lol

they have penn state Iowa northwestern and Wisconsin left. 

they just have faced a favorable schedule early on 

Lets give Minnesota some credit.

8-0 is 8-0

47 minutes ago, DT said:

Lets give Minnesota some credit.

8-0 is 8-0

Fair enough 

27 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Just 3 seasons in, and Fleck has shown his mettle as a coach....very impressive. He has gotten results everywhere he has been. 

he’s a great coach. I was living in Kalamazoo when he brought western Michigan to the spotlight. 

man is a living legend to the people there 

9 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Yeah. It was the weather.

Yeah, it wasn’t the weather. This is the story of Kelly’s tenure. Recruit players that are good enough to have a good team. But they don’t seem to develop much. They’re good enough to beat pretty much everyone they should beat. But they don’t win any big games.

3 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Yeah, it wasn’t the weather. This is the story of Kelly’s tenure. Recruit players that are good enough to have a good team. But they don’t seem to develop much. They’re good enough to beat pretty much everyone they should beat. But they don’t win any big games.

You didn’t catch the sarcasm?

9 hours ago, BTF said:

Oklahoma is out. This makes room for both LSU and Alabama joining Ohio State and Clemson. Those are your top four at this point and it doesn't look debatable. 

I would have to agree.  Would kind of like to see Penn State in the mix, but I think OSU is too strong.

6 hours ago, Staxawax said:

Oh, I caught it. Thought it was appropriate, too. Irish deserve everything they get after that performance. Had a bye week to get ready and healthy, and they absolute didn’t show up.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gipper said:

I would have to agree.  Would kind of like to see Penn State in the mix, but I think OSU is too strong.

Yeah this is one year that the conference belongs to the Buckeyes like it did in 2014.   I think you could assemble an All Star team from the rest of the conference and Ohio State would still beat them.  I see no weaknesses in this team at all.  As long as Fields stays healthy this team is unbeatable.  If he goes down, that will probably kill their chances of winning everything.  They can lose Dobbins at RB and still probably win it all.  They can lose lost a wide receiver and still win it al. But lose Fields and they probably won't win.  Martell was a good backup but he transferred.  They don't have much on the bench at QB now.

4 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Oh, I caught it. Thought it was appropriate, too. Irish deserve everything they get after that performance. Had a bye week to get ready and healthy, and they absolute didn’t show up.

I must be a jinx to Notre Dame.  I've rooted for them a few times over the years and I think they've lost every time.  LOL  Had hopes they would win, but they made Michigan look a top 5 team in the country.  Harbaugh finally wins a game against a highly ranked opponent.  Hope he enjoys it as long as he can because you-know-who is waiting for that last game of the season.  Another beatdown coming?

3 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

Yeah this is one year that the conference belongs to the Buckeyes like it did in 2014.   I think you could assemble an All Star team from the rest of the conference and Ohio State would still beat them.  I see no weaknesses in this team at all.  As long as Fields stays healthy this team is unbeatable.  If he goes down, that will probably kill their chances of winning everything.  They can lose Dobbins at RB and still probably win it all.  They can lose lost a wide receiver and still win it al. But lose Fields and they probably won't win.  Martell was a good backup but he transferred.  They don't have much on the bench at QB now.

As a Purdue fan, I can attest how important the QB position is.  Plummer has done fairly well, and is improving, but has a long way to go.

2 hours ago, Gipper said:

As a Purdue fan, I can attest how important the QB position is.  Plummer has done fairly well, and is improving, but has a long way to go.

That is the one position (QB) the Buckeyes are a bit thin at.  They were talking about it on the broadcast yesterday.  We had been talking about it a couple of weeks ago at work.  Thought it was funny that they mentioned it yesterday since we had noticed it 2 weeks ago.  Hopefully Fields stays healthy the rest of the season.  IU is fortunate to have 2 starting caliber qb's. 

6 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

That is the one position (QB) the Buckeyes are a bit thin at.  They were talking about it on the broadcast yesterday.  We had been talking about it a couple of weeks ago at work.  Thought it was funny that they mentioned it yesterday since we had noticed it 2 weeks ago.  Hopefully Fields stays healthy the rest of the season.  IU is fortunate to have 2 starting caliber qb's. 

Good luck as things don’t get much easier...

12 hours ago, Staxawax said:

Michigan can't pass and has a very strong run defense. You don't think playing a game in a downpour of rain played in their favor? Then your not very bright. 

12 hours ago, Bobref said:

Quarterback development has been a problem, but I don't know how you can say that for any other position. I think Kelly is a great coach. The fact that they have been in so many playoff discussions during his tenure despite recruiting restrictions is proof of that. What I don't understand about Kelly is why he insists on passing in weather conditions like that (North Carolina State)....................and quarterback development. 

For the haters (Stax)..........................................Notre Dame will continue to be in the limelight week after week and they will continue to be in the playoff discussion as long as Kelly is coach. Sorry that bothers you.............just kidding, actually I love it. 

Go Irish!

10 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Good luck as things don’t get much easier...

For who? IU or OSU? OSU’s next 3 weeks are bye, Rutgers, Maryland. IU has yet to play NW or Purdue, two of the three worst teams in the B10.

1 minute ago, BTF said:

Michigan can't pass and has a very strong run defense. You don't think playing a game in a downpour of rain played in their favor? Then your not very bright. 

Quarterback development has been a problem, but I don't know how you can say that for any other position. I think Kelly is a great coach. The fact that they have been in so many playoff discussions during his tenure despite recruiting restrictions is proof of that. What I don't understand about Kelly is why he insists on passing in weather conditions like that (North Carolina State)....................and quarterback development. 

For the haters (Stax)..........................................Notre Dame will continue to be in the limelight week after week and they will continue to be in the playoff discussion as long as Kelly is coach. Sorry that bothers you.............just kidding, actually I love it. 

Go Irish!

ND is out of any playoff discussion