Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Gibson Southern/Salem

Well, that was one of the craziest high school football games I’ve seen!!!  I was fortunate enough to sit by GS’s statisticians (not enough room in the press box for them).  Two of the nicest guys and great knowledge of all sports in southern IN.  Hats off to Gibson Southern on the win.  Very classy program, hard nosed kids.  Our kids competed and left everything out on the field.  After the game ended, the teams joined together in prayer led by a GS player...and the my friends is what it’s ALL ABOUT!! Good luck to the Titans the rest of the tournament.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

No reason for a prayer even led by a student athlete. Did they also recite a Hindu or Buddhist proverb? Jewish quote from the Torah? Islamic prayer from the Quran? Native American ritual song?

Really zero reason to exclude non-Christians from a State sporting event.

I'll side with the agnostics. 

• Like 2
  • Disdain 5
  • Sit and spin 1

Just now, hhpatriot04 said:

No reason for a prayer even led by a student athlete. Did they also recite a Hindu or Buddhist proverb? Jewish quote from the Torah? Islamic prayer from the Quran? Native American ritual son?

Really zero reason to exclude non-Christians from a State sporting event.

I'll side with the agnostics. 

Booooo get out of here

last year people cried about GS praying after games even though it was voluntary and the complaint was of a non paid coach or what not participating.  GS players and fans told everyone they were still going to pray. They were just going to make sure it followed all the rules.  

it’s all voluntary. Nobody is made to feel left out.  Y’all just want something to complain about. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Booooo get out of here

last year people cried about GS praying after games even though it was voluntary and the complaint was of a non paid coach or what not participating.  GS players and fans told everyone they were still going to pray. They were just going to make sure it followed all the rules.  

it’s all voluntary. Nobody is made to feel left out.  Y’all just want something to complain about. 

We've definitely seen an uptick in midfield group praying. I understand it is not obligatory and I don't believe it should be a freedom of speech argument. I'm simply saying that we do live in an ever more pluralistic country. Involving children in clearly publicized group worship could make other children, who haven't yet decided on their faith (or not), feel like they are being out cast if they don't participate. 

Having lived in places where my religion was the majority and then living in a place where some people are forced to hide their religion, including children, gives one a wider perspective on how public worship can change and influence the actions of the minority. 

My views are my own and I understand they likely aren't in-line with most in North Spencer or the Pocket of Indiana. 

Back to football, the PAC really got pigeon holed with this new alignment. Three teams from the same conference which have been ranked in the Top 10 should be able to take home at least two sectional titles (yes Memorial, you're my favorite Evansville school, where I would want to attend, wish you success in 4A, but it's a shame the Tigers, Titans, Patriots, Raiders, and Alices won't play for at least 3 years... In football at least. Basketball and wrestling, I'll take my Patriots this year.) 

• Like 3

I was at that game and the entire Salem football team hustled to our end of the field to join in a prayer with their football brothers from another school. If there were any Buddhist, Hindus, or Muslims on either team, it didn’t slow them down in joining in fellowship with each other after a hard fought battle on the football field. I think we are blessed to have such fine groups of young men representing our respective communities. There are real problems around the world that need to be addressed, people voluntarily praying is not one of them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Titan Fan said:

I was at that game and the entire Salem football team hustled to our end of the field to join in a prayer with their football brothers from another school. If there were any Buddhist, Hindus, or Muslims on either team, it didn’t slow them down in joining in fellowship with each other after a hard fought battle on the football field. I think we are blessed to have such fine groups of young men representing our respective communities. There are real problems around the world that need to be addressed, people voluntarily praying is not one of them.

Perfectly said 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1