Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2019 Heisman

DumfriesYMCA

Tua is obviously a favorite....Justin fields, Jalen hurts, Joe burrow, Jonathan Taylor.....

well Jonathan Taylor until today lol

all are probably worthy  

but the best player in CFB right now is Chase Young...hands down.  4 sacks today against my precious badgers...13.5 on the year.  Man is an animal 

time to make the heisman about the best player. Chase Young is the best player right now 

• Like 2

Will never happen again especially in this era of offensive football.   He will split votes with his own teammate just like the duo from Warren Central last year.

11 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Will never happen again especially in this era of offensive football.   He will split votes with his own teammate just like the duo from Warren Central last year.

Probably...but ya know....I think this may be a year where  the voters jump on the hype train 

4 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Probably...but ya know....I think this may be a year where  the voters jump on the hype train 

OSU is uber talented on both sides of the ball, but they’d survive much better without Young than Fields...

I'd have to agree about Young and the Heisman.  He's a one man wrecking crew.  His stat line against Wisconsin would make some players happy for a season let alone one game.  4 sacks, 5 tackles for loss and 2 forced fumbles in one game is insane!  He'll go top 3 in the draft next year if not the #1 pick.  I would hope he gets at least a few votes for Heisman.  But as we all know,it normally goes to an offensive player.  Perish the thought that a defender could ever be the best player in the country!  The offense ALWAYS gets all the glory.

Edited by itiswhatitis
  • Like 1

There really isn't one offensive player who stands out above all the rest this year.  And offensive stats are somewhat watered down and marginalized due to the lack of defense.  Some quarterbacks are hitting 85% of their passes.  That's just ridiculous.  

How does Young compare against the Bosa's?  Is he a better pro prospect?

Speaking of no defense, I was very pleased to see both OU and Texas lose this weekend.  Big 12 is a joke.  

Edited by DT

18 minutes ago, DT said:

There really isn't one offensive player who stands out above all the rest this year.  And offensive stats are somewhat watered down and marginalized due to the lack of defense.  Some quarterbacks are hitting 85% of their passes.  That's just ridiculous.  

Speaking of no defense, I was very pleased to see both OU and Texas lose this weekend.  Big 12 is a joke.  

I agree. In this day and age. Tua really isn’t standing out that much even with all his stats....it’s just...what is expected. 

for a heisman, I feel like you gotta bring your team above and beyond.....guys like lamar Jackson with louisville. Baker and kyler brought their own spark to OU...pulling rabbits out of hats.  

right now tua and fields are going exactly what they are suppose to be going. Hurts too but losing always hurts the chance to get the award.  

the two guys who stand out to me this year are chase young and Jonathan Taylor...and well. Young obviously showed he was good enough to absolutely shut down the best rb and OL in football right now.

people always talk about that heisman moment. Baker and kyler had a few. Lamar Jackson destroyed defenses all year long in a crazy highlight reel....cmc (the biggest snub of a heisman ever) was everything to Stanford and unstoppable (still is lol)....young just made his heisman moment.....as for fields/tua?  They simply are just great qbs with the best weapons around them in college right now. 

Sorry for the typos. My phone has a crack in the screen and now i can’t type the letter after C without autocorrect helping me lol. Such a pain 

27 minutes ago, DT said:

What a let down, huh?  Once they realign to the super conferences, the Big 12 will probably get disbanded.  It should have been a few years ago.  Their commissioner is a putz.