Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HNAC week 11

Caston, Pioneer and Triton are onto basketball. 

Knox, Winamac, NJ, Culver and LaVille pulled a beegees and is stayin alive atleast for one more week. 

Twin Lakes at Knox

Bremen at LaVille

South Central at Culver

North Judson at Winamac

My picks

Knox 28 Twin Lakes 14

LaVille 27 Bremen 6

Culver 42 SCUM 24

Winamac 24 NJ 22

What say you?

Edited by Ultimate Warrior

44 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Don't sleep on Twin Lakes   :classic_ninja:

They gain yards every game, have had issues finishing drives and have gotten better as season went on.   

Could not agree more.  They run bucksweep very well.  Knox is big up front and have a good LB core.  This going to be a good one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

They gain yards every game, have had issues finishing drives and have gotten better as season went on.   

And playing the schedule they do as well as playing in the Hoosier conference helps them prepare for the post season.  This will be a good game in round 2.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Kind of hard to sleep on a team that had that many yards of offense last week.   

On 10/27/2019 at 10:03 PM, Ultimate Warrior said:

Knox, Winamac, NJ, Culver and LaVille pulled a beegees and is stayin alive atleast for one more week. 

Twin Lakes at Knox

Bremen at LaVille

South Central at Culver

North Judson at Winamac

My picks

Knox 28 Twin Lakes 14

LaVille 27 Bremen 6

Culver 42 SCUM 24

Winamac 24 NJ 22

What say you?

Knox

LaVille

Culver

NJSP 20 - Winamac 13... Jays finally took Wild Frogs advice and put #72 in the backfield and on 3 carries had 48 yards and a touchdown... Sounds to me like that could be the secret weapon moving forward... The breakout run of 43 showed flashes of a prime Walter Payton mixed with the power of Jerome "The Bus" Bettis... 

2 hours ago, Wild Frogs said:

Knox

LaVille

Culver

NJSP 20 - Winamac 13... Jays finally took Wild Frogs advice and put #72 in the backfield and on 3 carries had 48 yards and a touchdown... Sounds to me like that could be the secret weapon moving forward... The breakout run of 43 showed flashes of a prime Walter Payton mixed with the power of Jerome "The Bus" Bettis... 

Could it have been just the fact they were playing South Newton and was just wanting to have fun? 

• Like 1

On 10/27/2019 at 10:03 PM, Ultimate Warrior said:

Twin Lakes at Knox

Bremen at LaVille

South Central at Culver

North Judson at Winamac

My picks

Knox 28 Twin Lakes 14

LaVille 27 Bremen 6

Culver 42 SCUM 24

Winamac 24 NJ 22

What say you?

Can't see Judson losing this week.  I'll go Blue Jays 27 -13 

Laville should same outcome that they had earlier in year.   31-7 laville 

Twin lakes had massive numbers last week but Knox is better team on both sides of ball.  20-7 Knox 

Culver will win this BIG!   44-0 CAVS 

1 hour ago, Mayo77 said:

Can't see Judson losing this week.  I'll go Blue Jays 27 -13 

Laville should same outcome that they had earlier in year.   31-7 laville 

Twin lakes had massive numbers last week but Knox is better team on both sides of ball.  20-7 Knox 

Culver will win this BIG!   44-0 CAVS 

I absolutely can see the Jays losing this week...the final four minutes is where Winamac fell apart but now they'll have their Kicker, their #1 receiver and their #2 ball carrier is back at fullback for this match up.

The first two missed the Judson and Culver games. Fullback was playing guard in those 2. All 3 have helped the offense quite a bit...since being back/switched back to FB... And should Friday too. 

1 hour ago, BARRYOSAMA said:

Warriors should roll.  Much better athletes on both side of ball.  Both are young but coaching and talent lean toward the maroon maulers.  Coach Lambert was in diapers the last time the Blue Jays were relevant.

02, 05, 08?

9 hours ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

02, 05, 08?

He was an assistant on that 08' team that was pretty good. Unfortunately, they ran into the Coach Nowlin's squad in the first year of their current offense and lost 9-0 in the sectional championship

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Wild Frogs said:

Knox

LaVille

Culver

Everyone looks like Walter Payton and Jerome Bettis against us... don't set the bar high or anything!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

He was an assistant on that 08' team that was pretty good. Unfortunately, they ran into the Coach Nowlin's squad in the first year of their current offense and lost 9-0 in the sectional championship

2008 SEASON (7-6)
Coach: Chris Meeks
Aug. 22 at Kankakee Valley W 35 14    
Aug. 29   North Newton W 53 0    
Sep. 5   North Judson L 14 28    
Sep. 12 at Tipton L 7 26    
Sep. 19 at Twin Lakes W 32 24    
Sep. 26   West Lafayette L 25 35    
Oct. 3 at Delphi W 45 7    
Oct. 10   Sheridan L 7 42    
Oct. 17   Benton Central L 0 35    
Oct. 24 at Hammond Noll W 54 24   sect
Oct. 31   Winamac W 55 27   sect
Nov. 7 at North Judson W 9 0   sect
Nov. 14   Lewis Cass L 14 30   regn

That was a great year, entered tourney 4-5 after a very low point of the year getting shellacked on SENIOR NIGHT in the rain......

I remember Coach Meeks Post Game vividly standing out on the field and message was simple, we are at rock bottom and only way out is to work and enjoy the brand new season.   Started practice rejuvenated, listening to music on the game field and let the good times roll.  

Got to Week 12,  Our Rival of 2000s Judson who drew undefeated Wheeler squad week 1, beat them and rolled Seeger the following week.   Judson's HOF DC Orkis did a masterful job week 3 in slanting and reading our motions out of the double wing with their stud MLB C.J. Gum I believe and we sat as a staff and one our coaches (Stevens) came up with NO MO DOG, (DOG was what we used to call our double tight, double wing)  As a Math guy he is, he stepped out the exact spots that each wing back should of been at in motion on each play and we worked on eliminating the motion and running away from GUMM and walling him off and was able to win the game 9-0 for another sectional title.  

I then remember vividly, that clinic season, we ran into a coach who was just floored that we were able to do that to Judson because his team lost and was shocked that we were not overwhelmed by LB play of the sectional teams, we just simply told him playing in the Hoosier Conference gives us everything we need to not be overwhelmed come sectional time.  

Oh the memories of our dates with our friends of Judson.  

We were double wing in 2008 thru 2013 with some mixed in wishbone and shotgun 

2014 is the current Single Wing Gun we have been feature since. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:
2008 SEASON (7-6)
Sep. 12 at Tipton L 7 26    
Oct. 3 at Delphi W 45 7    

That was a great year, entered tourney 4-5 after a very low point of the year getting shellacked on SENIOR NIGHT in the rain......

I remember Coach Meeks Post Game vividly standing out on the field and message was simple, we are at rock bottom and only way out is to work and enjoy the brand new season.   Started practice rejuvenated, listening to music on the game field and let the good times roll.  

Got to Week 12,  Our Rival of 2000s Judson who drew undefeated Wheeler squad week 1, beat them and rolled Seeger the following week.   Judson's HOF DC Orkis did a masterful job week 3 in slanting and reading our motions out of the double wing with their stud MLB C.J. Gum I believe and we sat as a staff and one our coaches (Stevens) came up with NO MO DOG, (DOG was what we used to call our double tight, double wing)  As a Math guy he is, he stepped out the exact spots that each wing back should of been at in motion on each play and we worked on eliminating the motion and running away from GUMM and walling him off and was able to win the game 9-0 for another sectional title.  

I then remember vividly, that clinic season, we ran into a coach who was just floored that we were able to do that to Judson because his team lost and was shocked that we were not overwhelmed by LB play of the sectional teams, we just simply told him playing in the Hoosier Conference gives us everything we need to not be overwhelmed come sectional time.  

Gum was 07' so the LB's that year were the Zimmerman boys and Jordan Davis. The one key change from the week 3 matchup to the sectional championship that Rensselaer made was moving both Davisson boys inside on defense. They clogged the middle all night and didn't allow Terry Howard or Andrew Frasure to even get to the next level. Couple that with the DE taking the QB Barrett on every option play that NJ ran and you end up with a frustrated running game that had been humming the previous few weeks. The Davisson brothers also made throws that much more difficult with their height.

I think if NJ could have gotten by the Bombers, the Lewis Cass matchup would have been very interesting the next week

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:
2008 SEASON (7-6)
Sep. 12 at Tipton L 7 26    
Oct. 3 at Delphi W 45 7    

Gum was 07' so the LB's that year were the Zimmerman boys and Jordan Davis. The one key change from the week 3 matchup to the sectional championship that Rensselaer made was moving both Davisson boys inside on defense. They clogged the middle all night and didn't allow Terry Howard or Andrew Frasure to even get to the next level. Couple that with the DE taking the QB Barrett on every option play that NJ ran and you end up with a frustrated running game that had been humming the previous few weeks. The Davisson brothers also made throws that much more difficult with their height.

I think if NJ could have gotten by the Bombers, the Lewis Cass matchup would have been very interesting the next week

7 hours ago, MarkCalaway said:

Relevant= Playing for a State Championship

North Judson was relevant after Radtke. Hate to burst your bubble .

That 02 Judson squad (Hamm, Metzger, Schultz, Radtke and some others were legit. )

The 04 judson team was pretty good (05 kids sr year). Pavlik, Allen, Staulbaum, Gumm, Grezenko, Radtke, Hochstedler and Richie. 

The 08 judson team was pretty good as well. .. As was the 06 Jays. 

6 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:
2008 SEASON (7-6)
Sep. 12 at Tipton L 7 26    
Oct. 3 at Delphi W 45 7    

I remember that goofy defense the warriors tried against yall. I think your QB threw 2 passes to 1 te and 1 to another that went for easy scores. 

Im still Pretty ticked by the 05-08 era here..

7 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:
2008 SEASON (7-6)
Sep. 12 at Tipton L 7 26    
Oct. 3 at Delphi W 45 7    

Crazy to think the Warriors have played the bombers more in the playoffs then they have the Jays (6 to 5, will be 6 to 6 once Friday hits)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

North Judson was relevant after Radtke. Hate to burst your bubble .

That 02 Judson squad (Hamm, Metzger, Schultz, Radtke and some others were legit. )

The 04 judson team was pretty good (05 kids sr year). Pavlik, Allen, Staulbaum, Gumm, Grezenko, Radtke, Hochstedler and Richie. 

The 08 judson team was pretty good as well. .. As was the 06 Jays. 

Your definition of relevant and mine are different. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1