Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HNAC week 11

Great game by the blue jays. 

I was really proud of our kids tonight. Senior Travis Dixon had some nice catches. Coy Field and Shayden May had some nice tackles. Gabe Townsend was a horse tonight, Keith Dell had some great returns and a pick. Jared Huetten played well and Jared Parrish even tho he didn't play was a great kid to have on the team. 

Each of these young kids have impacted my life in certain ways. Ill miss watching them play!

Lots of good things coming our way. The Warriors will get Patrick Kiefer (C/LS), Kyle Olds (LG/DL/LB) and Hayden Clark (WB/LB) back next year healthy and ready to go...with those kids out.. Brendan Day, Remi Schwartz and Jaxon Roudebush got some important playing time. Those 6, add in Russell Compton, Trent Fox, Jaden Terry, Beau Brandt, Logan Schultz, Brayden Lynch, Dakota Podell, Shaun Pratt, Cale Paseresi, Max Murray In coming Freshman Jayse Bentle and Jadon Jones. Should be a fun year!

Edited by Ultimate Warrior

On 10/29/2019 at 9:49 PM, BARRYOSAMA said:

Warriors should roll.  Much better athletes on both side of ball.  Both are young but coaching and talent lean toward the maroon maulers.  Coach Lambert was in diapers the last time the Blue Jays were relevant.

stick to soccer... ur predictions suck

26 minutes ago, Wild Frogs said:

stick to soccer... ur predictions suck

I didn’t understand the run call on 4th down for winamac with a little over 4 minutes to go.  If you’re going for it that deep on your end and you need 8, why not pass? Kudos to Judson.

12 hours ago, FarmerFran said:

I didn’t understand the run call on 4th down for winamac with a little over 4 minutes to go.  If you’re going for it that deep on your end and you need 8, why not pass? Kudos to Judson.

If that was the last carry by Townsend, that was supposed to be a half back pass. Townsend panicked and tucked it. 

I would have liked to seen Winamac do what they did for the most triton game... Fox and Townsend back and forth. 

It was just an odd game. I don't remember ever seeing a team have 110 yards, 120 yards in penalties and have 4 turnovers and a safety and only lose by two scores. 

And since youve asked and will ask again

9 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

you sure do "hear" a lot 

Yawn. 

Its called networking. 

growing up in this community has allowed me to get to know quite a few people...attending games for as long as I have Ive met others that I necessarily wouldn't know other wise... And some of them are friends, good friends who I trust. 

This year was supposed to be a major step forward. The injuries, the move aways killed the small depth they had... But there was some nicer improvements. The staff did the best they could and next year the depth will be much better and finally won't have much youth...they will fight with NJ to finish 4th in the HNAC and will be a sectional title contender

I guess my issue here is we feel strongly that we do not speculate on these sort of coaching decisions and we are not in the rumor business 

I cannot tell you how many times I get an email from a coach who has to defend himself because of a rumor a fan has started no here. 

Nobody gets a Adam Shefter breaking news badge around here. 

Its a simple concept really 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BARRYOSAMA said:

I'll take my ball and state title and go home.

Congrats on that! I went to the Winamac/Argos match up last two years and man they are well oiled machines...glad to see they got it done this yr. 

1 hour ago, Wild Frogs said:

Good! You were starting to sound like Ultimate Warrior!!! We already got one of them!

Easy steps young one. Easy steps. 

12 minutes ago, Mayo77 said:

Imo culver wins Friday.  It isn't pretty but they will dominate time of possession.  

The only reason im hesitant on picking Judson is the lack of passing game. Culver can't throw either but I like their OL/DL and run game better. 

HNAC FOOTBALL PLAYING FOR A SECTIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Knox at Calumet - Flat out, the Redskins have too much for Calumet here.  The strength of schedule is not even close.  Calumet has two wins against one team with a winning record - River Forest. Knox has too much offense and the defense will post a zero.  Redskins win this one, 28-0.

LaVille at Lewis Cass - Big challenge here for the Lancers.  When you beat Pioneer twice in the same season that speaks to what the Kings have both offensively and defensively.

That being said, LaVille's defense is pretty strong and will be challenged by the Lewis Cass offense.  Kings are 6-1 in games against teams with a winning record.  LaVille still has to prove they can beat a quality team.  The Lancers are 2-2 in games against teams with a winning record. The LaVille offense can not be predictable and the defense must play assignment football against the Lewis Cass weapons.  Lewis Cass wins this one, 35-21.

Culver at North Judson-San Pierre - Been a long time since week one.  Hate to see us lose an HNAC team in the state tournament. I like Culver here, 28-27.

What say you all?

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

Looks like the HNAC conference will walk away with two champions.

LaVille is a pretty good team, but Lewis Cass is on another level this year.  Defense is the strength of the Lancers, but that won't keep the Kings from scoring at will.  Not much else to say about this one, running clock the whole second half.  Coach Hostrawser has a good group of underclassmen that will make some noise the next couple of years. 

Lewis Cass 56 LaVille 3

Knox wins relatively easily against a solid Calumet team.  Wasn't sure how good the Redskins were until they won in convincing fashion against Twin Lakes last Friday.  Calumet has put up some big time points this year. However, if Knox was able to keep Pioneer to two scores, there is no way that Calumet scores more than twice.   Coach Hendryx gets to silence his critics from loosing the previous sectional championship games and goes into the Redskin Hall of Fame with this win.  

Knox 35 Calumet 13

North Judson was able to shut out Winamac on Friday who scored 20 points against Culver.  Culver won by 8 Friday to a team they beat by 30 earlier in the year.  The Jays have already beat the Cavs earlier in the year on the road.  Look for much of the same this week at home.  Coach Lambert will get carried off the field to ring that victory bell. 

North Judson 34 Culver 14

1 hour ago, MarkCalaway said:

Looks like the HNAC conference will walk away with two champions.

LaVille is a pretty good team, but Lewis Cass is on another level this year.  Defense is the strength of the Lancers, but that won't keep the Kings from scoring at will.  Not much else to say about this one, running clock the whole second half.  Coach Hostrawser has a good group of underclassmen that will make some noise the next couple of years. 

Lewis Cass 56 LaVille 3

Knox wins relatively easily against a solid Calumet team.  Wasn't sure how good the Redskins were until they won in convincing fashion against Twin Lakes last Friday.  Calumet has put up some big time points this year. However, if Knox was able to keep Pioneer to two scores, there is no way that Calumet scores more than twice.   Coach Hendryx gets to silence his critics from loosing the previous sectional championship games and goes into the Redskin Hall of Fame with this win.  

Knox 35 Calumet 13

North Judson was able to shut out Winamac on Friday who scored 20 points against Culver.  Culver won by 8 Friday to a team they beat by 30 earlier in the year.  The Jays have already beat the Cavs earlier in the year on the road.  Look for much of the same this week at home.  Coach Lambert will get carried off the field to ring that victory bell. 

North Judson 34 Culver 14

I would be shocked if NJ scored 34 on Culver. I don't think itll be 48 points combined either.  I think itll be a low scoring game. 

Ive seen both teams play. Culver once and North Judson twice. Its still very tough to gauge. 

The two worst games Winamac played all year were against the Jays... In both match ups I felt the Warriors beat themselves more then the Jays beat them. I can't really say that about the Knox, Pioneer and LaVille games. 

In the Culver game it was split into 2 days. I really believe had there not been a rain delay. Culver would have won pretty easy. They were moving at will against the Warriors. The delay allowed for some adjustments by the Warriors and that's what kept them close for the next day. 

I think this game will be pretty tight. I talked with Newbauer today (lady jays coach) and he said if Culver/Winamac, Judson/Winamac, North Judson/Culver played 10 times each. It would be 5-5 across the board.  Id agree with that. 

Culver's backfield, offensive line/defensive line is better. 

North Judson's linebackers and DB's are better. 

Special teams is a draw, QB play is a draw. 

Ill say Culver 18. North Judson 13. 

17 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I guess my issue here is we feel strongly that we do not speculate on these sort of coaching decisions and we are not in the rumor business 

I cannot tell you how many times I get an email from a coach who has to defend himself because of a rumor a fan has started no here. 

Nobody gets a Adam Shefter breaking news badge around here. 

Its a simple concept really 

Never tried being like "adam schefter". Its as simple as that really. 

On 11/2/2019 at 11:00 PM, Coach Nowlin said:

you sure do "hear" a lot 

Like clock work. The fence rider liked this post. I giggle every time. You all say im the bad guy. Maybe some people need to look in the mirror and realize maybe its yall. 

12 hours ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

I would be shocked if NJ scored 34 on Culver. I don't think itll be 48 points combined either.  I think itll be a low scoring game. 

Ive seen both teams play. Culver once and North Judson twice. Its still very tough to gauge. 

The two worst games Winamac played all year were against the Jays... In both match ups I felt the Warriors beat themselves more then the Jays beat them. I can't really say that about the Knox, Pioneer and LaVille games. 

In the Culver game it was split into 2 days. I really believe had there not been a rain delay. Culver would have won pretty easy. They were moving at will against the Warriors. The delay allowed for some adjustments by the Warriors and that's what kept them close for the next day. 

I think this game will be pretty tight. I talked with Newbauer today (lady jays coach) and he said if Culver/Winamac, Judson/Winamac, North Judson/Culver played 10 times each. It would be 5-5 across the board.  Id agree with that. 

Culver's backfield, offensive line/defensive line is better. 

North Judson's linebackers and DB's are better. 

Special teams is a draw, QB play is a draw. 

Ill say Culver 18. North Judson 13. 

Outplayed them twice, yet were almost shutout twice..... makes sense

2 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

Outplayed them twice, yet were almost shutout twice..... makes sense

7 turnovers, 2 safeties, 174 yards in penalties, got outgained by 44 yards, and 3 less first downs.