Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HNAC week 11

Beating a dead horse trying to convince some faithful that their team got outplayed.  Would've, could,ve and should've are used by those who look at their teams like it's not the players or coaches fault for losing games.  Get tired of the same tune, different year coming from some accounts.  I could go on and on about how if our team had been healthy the entire season "would've, could've, and should've" been entirely diferrent.  But you play who have and face the opponent in front of you, and accept the outcomes.  Only armchair coaches, and blind faithful talk about what shouldve happened.  

28 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

wouldn't having 7 turnovers and 2 safeties and the penalties be the definition of being "out played" 

Not trying to start a fight here, but that to me seems like one team played well, the other team didn't which led to the results of the 2 games.   

Game 1

One of the fumbles game 1 by lynch was questionable, had it been NFL probably would have been overturned. 

Trent Fox had a fumble early in the game as we were driving towards another score to go up 14-0. 

Compton didn't have enough on a pass that was easily picked off

The last turnover was a snap that went over Compton's head and landed in the end zone for a td. The kid that was starting was the one who replaced injured Kiefer for games early in year (usually starting RG). 

Game 1 our offense did well, just had some penalties that put them in a tough spot or turnovers. The game 1 score was much closer then it appears. They scored 2 tds in a matter of like 2 minutes. 

Game 2

One was a really nice play by Nolan Shidler. Read screen like a boss. We were really putting a nice drive together. 

Another pick was the one I mentioned above. Compton threw it right to the DL...after a couple penalties moved us back far. 

Another pick.. Compton stared down his receiver in game 2 and boom easy pick. It was the same play as play before that when there was a terrible no call on obvious PI. 

The other was a fumble by the QB when we were starting to move ball a bit early in a series after a goal line stand (after a terrible pass by compton that was thrown right to the dl. ). 

The safety came in 2nd Q. Weve had long snapping problems all year (#1 long snapper was out for year, #2 long snapper had to punt due to punter having broken hand).

In Game 2 our defense played very well. They gave our offense every opportunity to get back into game. Judson played solid D but as I said to many mental mistakes. We had some very nice KR'S that were pushed back due to penalties and some promising drives that ended due to penalties pushing us back or turnovers. 

Their first score was set up after a penalty after we stopped them on a 3 and out. 

18 minutes ago, Coach Murray said:

Beating a dead horse trying to convince some faithful that their team got outplayed.  Would've, could,ve and should've are used by those who look at their teams like it's not the players or coaches fault for losing games.  Get tired of the same tune, different year coming from some accounts.  I could go on and on about how if our team had been healthy the entire season "would've, could've, and should've" been entirely diferrent.  But you play who have and face the opponent in front of you, and accept the outcomes.  Only armchair coaches, and blind faithful talk about what shouldve happened.  

Atleast we didn't cancel the game cuz we were afraid to play them.

You can talk all you want but cancelling a game to "focus on our county rival" is a bit cheesy and quite sad. 

Nice recap, really it is. 

But I would like to know if having Snapping issues, penalties, and turnovers the definition of being "outplayed"  Yes or No?

Game of football is the greatest game on the face of the Earth because it requires 11 guys to EXECUTE effectively consistently to score or keep the other team from scoring.  when you do not do that, which by your recap, its seems the young Warriors didn't you get outplayed and lose a game.  

57 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

wouldn't having 7 turnovers and 2 safeties and the penalties be the definition of being "out played" 

Not trying to start a fight here, but that to me seems like one team played well, the other team didn't which led to the results of the 2 games.   

Most of that stuff happens as i said above with a younger team. Next season hopefully expierence and having depth again will be game changers.. Having 8 guys coming into their 3rd year of varsity and 6 guys coming into their 2nd year of varsity will be huge. Going into sectional i was optimistic but shooting yourselfs in the foot and missing a G/DE like Kyle Olds is gonna hurt. That's the big reason the run game struggled. Olds is a good lead blocker...with his absence they had to move Podell to that position who is ok at pulling but not the level of olds and the guy that filled in his old spot was a sophomore who isn't really varsity ready yet but gained great exp by playing there last 4 weeks. 

24 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Nice recap, really it is. 

But I would like to know if having Snapping issues, penalties, and turnovers the definition of being "outplayed"  Yes or No?

Game of football is the greatest game on the face of the Earth because it requires 11 guys to EXECUTE effectively consistently to score or keep the other team from scoring.  when you do not do that, which by your recap, its seems the young Warriors didn't you get outplayed and lose a game.  

This is a hill im willing to die on. 

Ill say this. Besides a 4 minute melt down game 1. They played good enough to win. 

Game 2. 

The defense played great. They gave offense every opportunity to get back into game but were marred by turnovers and penalties on offense and special teams...too many times we shot our selves in the foot. Bad field positioning and penalties put Judson in good field positioning all night and put their defense in favorable situations. 

Judson played good but should have beat us by 40 with all the problems Winamac had but with how evenly they were matched. It was much tougher. Hint why I feel they beat themselves. 

3 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Hate to tell you, but those things are apart of the game and will usually lead to a loss, even if you gain as many yards as the opposition

Stick to LCC DB.

Edited by Ultimate Warrior

32 minutes ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

Game 1

One of the fumbles game 1 by lynch was questionable, had it been NFL probably would have been overturned. 

Trent Fox had a fumble early in the game as we were driving towards another score to go up 14-0. 

Compton didn't have enough on a pass that was easily picked off

The last turnover was a snap that went over Compton's head and landed in the end zone for a td. The kid that was starting was the one who replaced injured Kiefer for games early in year (usually starting RG). 

Game 1 our offense did well, just had some penalties that put them in a tough spot or turnovers. The game 1 score was much closer then it appears. They scored 2 tds in a matter of like 2 minutes. 

Game 2

One was a really nice play by Nolan Shidler. Read screen like a boss. We were really putting a nice drive together. 

Another pick was the one I mentioned above. Compton threw it right to the DL...after a couple penalties moved us back far. 

Another pick.. Compton stared down his receiver in game 2 and boom easy pick. It was the same play as play before that when there was a terrible no call on obvious PI. 

The other was a fumble by the QB when we were starting to move ball a bit early in a series after a goal line stand (after a terrible pass by compton that was thrown right to the dl. ). 

The safety came in 2nd Q. Weve had long snapping problems all year (#1 long snapper was out for year, #2 long snapper had to punt due to punter having broken hand).

In Game 2 our defense played very well. They gave our offense every opportunity to get back into game. Judson played solid D but as I said to many mental mistakes. We had some very nice KR'S that were pushed back due to penalties and some promising drives that ended due to penalties pushing us back or turnovers. 

Their first score was set up after a penalty after we stopped them on a 3 and out. 

Atleast we didn't cancel the game cuz we were afraid to play them.

You can talk all you want but cancelling a game to "focus on our county rival" is a bit cheesy and quite sad. 

We did not cancel any game this year.  Friday the game was suspended due to the weather.  On Saturday we were at the school ready to get on the bus when we were called and told the game was cancelled because officials could not be found for the game.  

• Like 1

hey uw,  you do understand that Judson made mistakes as well, and had at least 3 to's?  You act like your team only loses because you make mistakes and have penalties, which you say would be reversed if this was the nfl.  We could say that if we didn't turn it over that we would have done better as well.  It is a football game and you got beat twice by a better team.  Just admit it!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, yogi said:

hey uw,  you do understand that Judson made mistakes as well, and had at least 3 to's?  You act like your team only loses because you make mistakes and have penalties, which you say would be reversed if this was the nfl.  We could say that if we didn't turn it over that we would have done better as well.  It is a football game and you got beat twice by a better team.  Just admit it!

Hahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaha

Go back a few posts, i clearly stated that when Winamac lost to Knox, Pioneer and LaVille i didn't feel that Winamac shot themselves in the foot. Those teams were clearly better. 

Winamac could have played an a++ game and wouldn't have beat any of those. 

Winamac played worse offensively friday night then They did against Pioneer in 2018 and our offense gave up 36 points!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, CoachHall said:

We did not cancel any game this year.  Friday the game was suspended due to the weather.  On Saturday we were at the school ready to get on the bus when we were called and told the game was cancelled because officials could not be found for the game.  

Haha that's your story and your sticking to it. 

You realize im close friends with Judson folk right and I know some of the players through those people? 

Heres a nice pic for you and coach Murray. 

Coy Field_70648112_521889985261673_8119603409331207940_n.jpg

Im done today before i get myself in trouble. 

Yes, sticking with it since that is what happened.  Were we banged up and low on numbers?  Yes, we played most of the year without a lot of guys.  But we played every game.  We were going to play the Judson game.  We were there Friday night and we were about to walk out of the door Saturday to go play them.  But, as I previously stated we received a phone call Saturday morning letting us know that officials were not found for the game.  

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I spoke to Coach Lambert that weekend and he too told me they couldn't find officials as well.  

Maybe we all are part of the Starke/Pulaski/Jasper county Illuminated...........

image.jpeg.3d477acfa3bf977a92b8468a325dc860.jpeg

Not me. I’m not rich. 

3 hours ago, CoachHall said:

Yes, sticking with it since that is what happened.  Were we banged up and low on numbers?  Yes, we played most of the year without a lot of guys.  But we played every game.  We were going to play the Judson game.  We were there Friday night and we were about to walk out of the door Saturday to go play them.  But, as I previously stated we received a phone call Saturday morning letting us know that officials were not found for the game.  

I know a couple of others that spoke with the folks at NJSP and they could not find officials.  That is a fact and undisputed!

The weather Friday night 9/27 put the crimp on a lot of Saturday make-up games 9/28.

Due to the officials shortage for the attempted 9/28 games, there were crews working a morning game, then hopping in the car to head to work a night game to help out.  Once again, fact and undisputed!

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

6 hours ago, BARRYOSAMA said:

Those are Winamac's numbers?

In both games combined yes. 

385-442 yards..i was a little off on yards

22 to 25 first downs

8 turnovers to 5

1 safety

17 penalties for 154 yards 

First game scored 20 points in final 3 mins 45 seconds...

2nd game

Scored safety towards end of 2nd Q. Scored a garbage time TD with 3 or left. 

This is a hill i'm willing to die on. I do believe it was really one team shooting its self in the foot and beating themselves rather then 1 team completely out playing the other. This match up will be pretty solid the next two years. Jays don't lose too much on O but will lose quite a few dudes on D. They'll have some nice younger kids replace them, might not be as good as the kids they replace next year but in future they will be. 

Winamac on the other hand returns 15 players (individual kids) with starting exp on offense and defense plus their kicker...should get some help from 2 kids that didn't go out for the team this year and 2 incoming freshman... Should be a solid 2 year run coming up. 

4 hours ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

In both games combined yes. 

385-442 yards..i was a little off on yards

22 to 25 first downs

8 turnovers to 5

1 safety

17 penalties for 154 yards 

First game scored 20 points in final 3 mins 45 seconds...

2nd game

Scored safety towards end of 2nd Q. Scored a garbage time TD with 3 or left. 

This is a hill i'm willing to die on. I do believe it was really one team shooting its self in the foot and beating themselves rather then 1 team completely out playing the other. This match up will be pretty solid the next two years. Jays don't lose too much on O but will lose quite a few dudes on D. They'll have some nice younger kids replace them, might not be as good as the kids they replace next year but in future they will be. 

Winamac on the other hand returns 15 players (individual kids) with starting exp on offense and defense plus their kicker...should get some help from 2 kids that didn't go out for the team this year and 2 incoming freshman... Should be a solid 2 year run coming up. 

In two games, Judson outscored your Warriors 44-8.  But I guess they didn't outplay you?

• Like 1

Jays held the Warriors to 40 yds rushing.  The rest of the yards were just in garbage time when Judson already had a 10-0 lead.  Winamac barely moved the ball into Judson territory and definitely didn't come close to sniffing the redzone.  The Jays left so many points off the board.  That game should have been 30-0.  Warriors offense was not able to handle the Jays defense in any capacity.  Couldn't run the ball.  Had to pass.  When they passed they threw interceptions.  Tournament football isn't rocket science.  Run the ball.  Play good defense.  Survive and advance.   

Edited by Duke of Denham
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

Haha that's your story and your sticking to it. 

You realize im close friends with Judson folk right and I know some of the players through those people? 

Heres a nice pic for you and coach Murray. 

Coy Field_70648112_521889985261673_8119603409331207940_n.jpg

Im done today before i get myself in trouble. 

In your tenure (10 years) in high school, how many teams did you play on that won the tomahawk.  Oh none that is right., you act as if you have all this knowledge of football but at the end of the day you only know the ending stats.  You have never played so you don't actually know what it takes to win.  You have never been accurate at predicting what will happen, just good at talking about what happened after the fact.  This has been going on from MightyJones to JohnnyFootball and now ultimate warrior.  Your not in the know like you think you are because all the people you know, I know them as well and they tell whatever they can to get you to leave.  There is a reason why, if your so well connected and such a football genius as you believe yourself to be, you have never been on a coaching staff. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1