Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Mississinewa @ Huntington North

Tipton @ Eastbrook

Eastern @ Alexandria

Union City @ MG

Huge win for the river rats over Delta, congratulations!  The Indians keep it rolling and win big at Huntington North.

This game would be close if it were going to be at Tipton, Panthers by 3 TDs.

Since Eastern already beat a really good Lapel team who's offense is very much like the Tigers' but better, the Comets will destroy Alexandria, Eastern by 4 TDs

I'm going with the home team Argylls, I know nothing about Union City except that in their 5 wins they've won by a combined 13 points.  Argylls by 13 points!

Mississinewa @ Huntington North

Tipton @ Eastbrook

Eastern @ Alexandria

Union City @ MG

Ole Miss in what will be a tune up for next week!

Eastbrook by 3td's but game will be closer. I belive tipton has improved since start of year. Mistakes or lack there of will dictate score getting out of control if it does.

Eastern by 2td's Alexandria will score plenty but will not be able to stop Eastern. Alexandria needs to play best 11 on both sides of the ball and quit worrying about kids play totals. 

MG in what should be a somewhat close game. I believe a 14pt game in the end. Union city is streaky so hopefully MG doesn't let them reel off a big run. 

Good luck to all CIC teams this weekend! Here is to hoping Alexandria can have a solid defensive night against a top tier team for once. 

Mississinewa at Huntington North--Huge win for the Indians over the heavy Sectional Favorite according to the Sagarin rankings.  Delta had an almost 60% chance of winning the sectional followed by Marion at 38% and Mississinewa at 7%.  Huntington North has a total of 3 wins.  Those 3 wins came against teams with a combined record of 2-28. Mississinewa uses this game a tune-up for the Sectional Championship next week as they cruise to a win.  Look for a continuous clock the second half.

Tipton at Eastbrook--Tipton is a young team that plays a lot of sophomore's and junior's.  Eastbrook plays a number of underclassman that have Varsity playing experience.  This game is going to be a closer than one would think but in the end Eastbrook pulls away late in the 2nd half for the win.

Eastern at Alexandria--Is Eastern the real deal?  They are undefeated and beat a very good Lapel team.  This game could be a good close game depending on which Alexandria team shows up.  In the end Eastern wins this one to advance to the Sectional Championship game against Eastbrook.

Union City at Madison Grant--Both teams are on a 3 game winning streak.  MG hasn't lost since their first win.  MG has the tougher schedule of the two teams which will help them.  Beginning of the season I said I wouldn't be surprised to see MG make tournament run and this week the run continues as they advance to the Sectional Championship Game.

Something that could happen but probably won't happen is to have 3 CIC teams in the State Finals.  Wonder if any conference has had 3 teams play for a State Championship in 3 different Classes?  I know 3 teams from the same conference have played in the State Finals but 2 of the teams were in the same class.  Would love to see 3 CIC teams in the State Finals.  Good luck this week to all CIC teams.

1 hour ago, Indiansreloaded said:

Mississinewa at Huntington North--Huge win for the Indians over the heavy Sectional Favorite according to the Sagarin rankings.  Delta had an almost 60% chance of winning the sectional followed by Marion at 38% and Mississinewa at 7%.  Huntington North has a total of 3 wins.  Those 3 wins came against teams with a combined record of 2-28. Mississinewa uses this game a tune-up for the Sectional Championship next week as they cruise to a win.  Look for a continuous clock the second half.

Tipton at Eastbrook--Tipton is a young team that plays a lot of sophomore's and junior's.  Eastbrook plays a number of underclassman that have Varsity playing experience.  This game is going to be a closer than one would think but in the end Eastbrook pulls away late in the 2nd half for the win.

Eastern at Alexandria--Is Eastern the real deal?  They are undefeated and beat a very good Lapel team.  This game could be a good close game depending on which Alexandria team shows up.  In the end Eastern wins this one to advance to the Sectional Championship game against Eastbrook.

Union City at Madison Grant--Both teams are on a 3 game winning streak.  MG hasn't lost since their first win.  MG has the tougher schedule of the two teams which will help them.  Beginning of the season I said I wouldn't be surprised to see MG make tournament run and this week the run continues as they advance to the Sectional Championship Game.

Something that could happen but probably won't happen is to have 3 CIC teams in the State Finals.  Wonder if any conference has had 3 teams play for a State Championship in 3 different Classes?  I know 3 teams from the same conference have played in the State Finals but 2 of the teams were in the same class.  Would love to see 3 CIC teams in the State Finals.  Good luck this week to all CIC teams.

Let me get this straight.  Mississinewa won in the first round of the sectional and you already have them playing in the state championship game??  C’mon man!!

EASTBROOK-hope everybody is right about Eastbrook winning by 3 touchdowns, I think it will be really close. Eastbrook has some really good skill players but like i have said all year our Line has struggled and hasn't got any better. Eastbrook better come out ready to play.

OLE MISS- BY A LOT, rest the starters in the second half to get ready for a huge game against Marion. 

Alexandria- hoping that passing game can score more points than Eastern. Big statement win by Eastern last week

M-G-Dont know anything about Union City so go CIC.

7 hours ago, captainobvious said:

Let me get this straight.  Mississinewa won in the first round of the sectional and you already have them playing in the state championship game??  C’mon man!!

Nope, just said that it would be nice.  Eastbrook won the first round and I hope they make it to State as well.  Madison-Grant is a long shot

Mississinewa @ Huntington North: Indians' come focused and put this to bed early! 

Tipton @ Eastbrook: EB takes advantage of turnovers and win by 3 TDs!

Eastern @ Alexandria: Eastern proves to be a more talented team! 

Union City @ MG: Both teams are hot at the right time or have the benefit of easy schedule at the right time.... Either way, I'm taking the CIC team! Argylls by a TD! 

10 hours ago, captainobvious said:

Arent you the same guy that said Funk is holding Mississinewa back? If so i would consider anything you have to say as irrelevant. One of the dumbest comments i have ever seen on here.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, captainobvious said:

I'm not saying it is likely that Mississinewa will make it to state but honestly I don't see anyone in 4A that can't be beat on a great night.  It would take near perfection to get passed East Noble or East Central but its not like In 3A where Chatard realistically can't be beat in the tournament.   Just my opinion. (which if you look at all my wrong picks this year really doesn't mean much!!!)

15 minutes ago, bittergymteacher said:

I'm not saying it is likely that Mississinewa will make it to state but honestly I don't see anyone in 4A that can't be beat on a great night.  It would take near perfection to get passed East Noble or East Central but its not like In 3A where Chatard realistically can't be beat in the tournament.   Just my opinion. (which if you look at all my wrong picks this year really doesn't mean much!!!)

New Prairie, Hobart, and Plymouth are going to be pretty tough outs depending on who makes it out.  Northwood is going to be tough also.  Many of those teams have played some 5a and 6a competition.  Good luck!

Not nearly enough Bud Kilmer quotes on this thread for this time of year..............

"It makes me wonder if you know the difference between a sneeze and a wet fart."

"The hard work of so many, sacrificed by the disrespect of a few." 

"Your daddy was a no-talent WUSSY, but at least he listened"

Best line of the movie though (not Bud):  "Yes, they put them wieners on the glass at the Alano Club, while the ladies were rehearsing the Christmas pageant"

14 hours ago, captainobvious said:

Let me get this straight.  Mississinewa won in the first round of the sectional and you already have them playing in the state championship game??  C’mon man!

Chances of winning state, based on ratings, draw and home-field advantage:

Mississinewa 0.29% 

Eastbrook 7.53%

MG and Alex 0.0%

12 hours ago, captainobvious said:

Better pass those numbers on to indiansreloaded!

Pre-tournament stats and probabilities won't win the games. Delta was heavily favored to win sectional and second only to East Central to win state. Good thing football games are not played on paper or on spreadsheets.

Coach Funk took over an abysmal program in 2010. No losing seasons post-2011. I played for the man. If there's anything holding Mississinewa football back, it sure as heck isn't Curt Funk. 

Go figure out your Pete Gast issue, Alex. All you have to be excited about each week is who is gonna be loudest during your god-awful pre-game war chant thing. Is that supposed to be a haaka? Enjoy your L to Eastern.

Glad to be back, GD!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, IndianFanatic said:

Coach Funk took over an abysmal program in 2010. No losing seasons post-2011. I played for the man. If there's anything holding Mississinewa football back, it sure as heck isn't Curt Funk. 

Go figure out your Pete Gast issue, Alex. All you have to be excited about each week is who is gonna be loudest during your god-awful pre-game war chant thing. Is that supposed to be a haaka? Enjoy your L to Eastern.

Glad to be back, GD!

I could’ve guessed that you went to Mississinewa.  Obviously you can’t read!  Go back and look, I said that Alexandria is long overdue for a new coach!  Lighten up Francis!

On 10/29/2019 at 10:34 AM, Midway Monster said:

Arent you the same guy that said Funk is holding Mississinewa back? If so i would consider anything you have to say as irrelevant. One of the dumbest comments i have ever seen on here.

28 minutes ago, IndianFanatic said:

Glad to be back, GD!

Big fan of Coach Funk, great guy, who runs a great program !!    I'm a Fan!!   Go Indians!!!   

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Big fan of Coach Funk, great guy, who runs a great program !!    I'm a Fan!!   Go Indians!!!   

I am as well. Great guy who runs a great program. Look where Mississinewa was before he got there. Funk has changed he culture of the Football program. I have to believe that CaptionObvious has a personal issue with Funk/Mississinewa.

• Like 1

Ole Miss has done the right thing with coaches! He has brought in quality coaches to help him build the program! This does not happen at other schools. Instead they hire buddies or teachers with little to no experience. The latter is out of their control. Funk and Adamson by far have setup their schools better than the rest of the CIC to be successful! 

1 hour ago, GV5 said:

Ole Miss has done the right thing with coaches! He has brought in quality coaches to help him build the program! This does not happen at other schools. Instead they hire buddies or teachers with little to no experience. The latter is out of their control. Funk and Adamson by far have setup their schools better than the rest of the CIC to be successful! 

Coach Ozmun at OH has done things the right way.... Solid program for 21 yrs. 

• Like 3