Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

I'm jealous of all the other football programs in the CIC right now.  Frankton hasn't even been in a sectional championship game in 13 years!  No one else in the conference has had post season irrelevance like that.  I forget what it feels like to be excited about HS football past Halloween.  Is it basketball season yet!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

2 hours ago, franktonite said:

I'm jealous of all the other football programs in the CIC right now.  Frankton hasn't even been in a sectional championship game in 13 years!  No one else in the conference has had post season irrelevance like that.  I forget what it feels like to be excited about HS football past Halloween.  Is it basketball season yet!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Don't join the bitter side!  It could always be worse, you could be an A.P.A.nite!!!!!

• Like 1

Funk has done a good job at Ole Miss, it always seemed from 2000-2010 the Indians had sooo much talent but didn’t do much with it. I was a little shocked this year when Eastbrook beat Ole Miss, that was the first time I saw coach Funk get out coached. Other than that he has done a lot for that program, and I would say he is some postseason success away from being a top tier coach.

Ole Miss @ Huntington North - Huge win last week for Ole Miss! They keep things rolling this week and set up a Sectional Championship game with Marion next week. Ole Miss by 30

Tipton @ Eastbrook - Think this will be a little closer for awhile then some think but Eastbrook will take control in the second half and win by 3 scores! Eastbrook 35-14

Eastern @ Alexandria - High scoring game in this one. Eastern and Alex both have explosive offenses but eastern pulls this one out because I believe they will make more defensive stops. Eastern 42-28

Union City @ MG - Both of these teams are on 3 game winning streaks and are playing with a lot of momentum. The coaches for MG have those kids believing in themselves and playing with a lot of confidence and it shows. MG wins this one by two scores and goes to the sectional title for the first time since 2011. 

Good luck to all CIC teams this evening!!

Alex Tigers faithful, did the attempt of kicking 2 FGs make any sense to those of you at the game?  Or how about the fake punt in your own territory?  From what I've read, it seemed like the Tigers could've actually won that game against Eastern, but there were some questionable coaching decisions.  Hindsight is 20/20 I know, but with such an explosive offense I didn't understand attempting FGs, especially after missing the first one, why try it again?  Just think, if they had made those FGs, they would've only lost 20-13.  SMH.  Please someone try to make sense of these decisions.  Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, franktonite said:

Alex Tigers faithful, did the attempt of kicking 2 FGs make any sense to those of you at the game?  Or how about the fake punt in your own territory?  From what I've read, it seemed like the Tigers could've actually won that game against Eastern, but there were some questionable coaching decisions.  Hindsight is 20/20 I know, but with such an explosive offense I didn't understand attempting FGs, especially after missing the first one, why try it again?  Just think, if they had made those FGs, they would've only lost 20-13.  SMH.  Please someone try to make sense of these decisions.  Thanks in advance.

You are absolutely right! It was questioned by everyone there. Why you kick when your kicker struggled the week before at elwood made no sense. The tigers moved the ball easily down the field on most drives only to take what was perceived as the safe play.

This is the decision making that took a 9-2 or at worst 8-3 team and made them a 6-5 team. You had Metz, Vernetti, Orick and Stewart who where making plays and didn't have the trust in them and what carried you all year to finish drives. It was sad to watch Alexandria out play Eastern on the field only to get beat like they did!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XStar said:

Alexandria only has an "explosive" offense against really bad teams.  

Agreed. I've had Alexandria fatigue ever since a Tiger poster led with "Down goes Frazier" after they beat Blackford. Woof

The explosive offense scored 16 against a 2-8 1A Wes-Del squad at home to begin the season and if you remove lifeless teams like Elwood, Frankton, and the September version of MG from the slate there isn't much to beat your chest at. I will agree that they have some individual standouts at the skill positions but in the end, Eastern did the Tigers a favor by allowing their fans to focus on basketball and avoid another chilly Friday night on the bleachers listening to those annoying cowbells as Eastbrook hangs half a hundred. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, halfbackpass said:

Agreed. I've had Alexandria fatigue ever since a Tiger poster led with "Down goes Frazier" after they beat Blackford. Woof

The explosive offense scored 16 against a 2-8 1A Wes-Del squad at home to begin the season and if you remove lifeless teams like Elwood, Frankton, and the September version of MG from the slate there isn't much to beat your chest at. I will agree that they have some individual standouts at the skill positions but in the end, Eastern did the Tigers a favor by allowing their fans to focus on basketball and avoid another chilly Friday night on the bleachers listening to those annoying cowbells as Eastbrook hangs half a hundred. 

I agree with you 1st few games wes-del and wabash where ugly! Defense was terrible and offense was good but not great including 2 holds that cost them 2 td's and over 130 yards. Yes it is a weak conference except for Eastbrook and Ole Miss. Blackford wasn't as good as expected i.e. "down goes frazier" which was a total joke. Alexandria should of beat wabash, oak hill and eastern but could not finish games or keep anyone out of the endzone. I hope for the future they work on tackling at practice because it was atrocious this year.

My take of Alexandria: 

Offense- plenty of talent at skilled positions. Need to adapt sets and play calling to your talent. Cannot run spread your whole life. The better teams used the blitz to put pressure on q.b. and take away their weapons.

Defense- if your best 11 are healthy they need to play. Cannot continue to put people in because their good kids. If they cannot tackle nor understand what you are trying to do then you as a team create holes and weak spots. The better teams will expose that.

On 11/4/2019 at 4:27 PM, halfbackpass said:

...Eastern did the Tigers a favor by allowing their fans to focus on basketball and avoid another chilly Friday night on the bleachers listening to those annoying cowbells as Eastbrook hangs half a hundred. 

I literally laughed out loud at this statement..... and agree with your assessment.