Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

what's going on here?

1 hour ago, Titandad71 said:

less than 4 days till the GS/HH rematch and no thread? Has radio silence been declared on both sides? Is dave sick? titan 32? gone are the days of the 20 page thread? 

I think that both sides are remaining respectively quiet for this one!!  I say this because regardless of the outcome on Friday the simple fact is this, after week two of the tournament a team with legit state championship pedigree is going home!!  So rather than stir the hornets nest I think everyone is remaining respectively quiet.  Which I think stinks!!!

• Like 2

Dave is not sick...he is well.  I just saw him with my own eyes a bit ago.  

Now, as for your issue.  I totally agree.  The Evansville paper has done their overly predictable article (vomit) on the Titans.  They have the Titans beating the Colts on Sunday after they walk all over Heritage Hills.  They and Randall Parmley make me sick to my stomach with their Titanphilia. 

I guess that is the best of smack talk I can come up with.  

I ran into one of our running backs last night at the school, they had been watching film.  They are beyond stoked, but it is guarded--just like this thread.  Personally, I think we win and win decisively--then do the same thing to Southridge in the final.  I believe we are that good.  There someone said it.  Could it go the other way....absolutely, ultimately these are children and if children are anything they are inconsistent.

Again, I say this with the respect for a couple excellent teams who are coached by excellent coaches....it could go either way.

Edited by HHPatriots
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

Dave is not sick...he is well.  I just saw him with my own eyes a bit ago.  

Now, as for your issue.  I totally agree.  The Evansville paper has done their overly predictable article (vomit) on the Titans.  They have the Titans beating the Colts on Sunday after they walk all over Heritage Hills.  They and Randall Parmley make me sick to my stomach with their Titanphilia. 

I guess that is the best of smack talk I can come up with.  

I ran into one of our running backs last night at the school, they had been watching film.  They are beyond stoked, but it is guarded--just like this thread.  Personally, I think we win and win decisively--then do the same thing to Southridge in the final.  I believe we are that good.  There someone said it.  Could it go the other way....absolutely, ultimately these are children and if children are anything they are inconsistent.

Again, I say this with the respect for a couple excellent teams who are coached by excellent coaches....it could go either way.

Excellent post and perspective.

18 minutes ago, NorthKnox94 said:

I have watched film of HH this year...wow are the strong and quick...49-14 was the season game right?  Since it is at GS, how many points does that drop...Im glad my team is still playing...but, if they weren't, I would be there watching!  Good luck to both teams.

I am not so sure that the home field changes the score as much as the weather may.............I can see this being a very close game down to the end!

Here is my smack talk.  HH is very good at what they do and have done it well all season.  GS hasn't put together a complete game against the better teams all season, but when things are firing it is an amazing thing to watch.  HH is the heavy favorite in this one but I wouldn't be shocked if either team walked away victorious.  Numbers from last game:

image.thumb.png.cacdbbdd056c02dbad633157e7a226c2.png

I think it’s clear that Gibson southern has the horses to put up the points. 

the real concern is turnovers. 

there is no way around it....to beat the Patriots you have to force more turnovers than they do.  Their defense is very good so they will likely get 1 or so. But can GS get more? Can GS not throw 3 INTs and fumble It again?  

if GS can not turn the ball over I like their chances a lot.  

another thing..... Sigler...PAC MVP by all accounts and absolute stud. Have to contain that young man and keep it away from him on defense. 

the pressure is on GS for this one. They have to limit mistakes. They have to stop HH. Heritage Hills is just not a team that will beat themselves so the titans have to go after it if they want to win.

should be a great one!  Safe travels for everyone attending and the team!  

7 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Chicken brats....1. if one certain member here is in attendance...

normal brats.....I’m not sure I can count that high. 

Let's get this straight once and for all. 

brat·wurst

/ˈbrätˌwərst/

Learn to pronounce

noun

a type of fine German pork sausage that is typically fried or grilled.

There is no such thing as a chicken brat!!!!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sacked said:

Let's get this straight once and for all. 

brat·wurst

/ˈbrätˌwərst/

Learn to pronounce

noun

a type of fine German pork sausage that is typically fried or grilled.

There is no such thing as a chicken brat!!!!!

Look man. I live in Green Bay. I eat brats all the time. Brats and cheese. It’s the Wisconsinite diet....BUT ONE MAN HERE LIKES CHICKEN BRATS....I can’t remember who but it threw the whole board into a tail spin last year. 

some are saying it is the reason the board crashed (not confirmed but NOT A COINCIDENCE) 

just saying.  I’m right with ya....but not all sinners have heard the gospel of tailgating Jesus 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, bigfish said:

Will this be online somewhere? Sorry if I missed.......

No video coverage, according to the IHSAA web site. 
There are two radio stations broadcasting this game, both of whom stream online:

103.3 The Fix in Santa Claus

89.1 The Bash in Mt. Carmel.

Looking at the offensive stats from last game, I have to ask:  Can the Patriots pass the ball?  I see they only threw 2 passes in that game and both were incomplete.  I get that some teams run the ball almost exclusively, but at some point if that isn't working, are you capable of passing?  I think the score will be closer than during the season.  According to the Sags they are about 10 points apart.  Give GS the 1.45 points for being at home and it comes down to about an 8 to 9 point game.  Of course, that's all things being equal.  Looks like there will be some issues with the weather Friday night.  Even if it isn't raining/snowing during the game, the field will probably be wet from the previous 2 days of forecasted rain.  Seen games like that where there were zero turnovers.  Also seen games like that when there were 11 turnovers.  Should be a really good game.  I'll say the Patriots win out and move on.

47 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

Looking at the offensive stats from last game, I have to ask:  Can the Patriots pass the ball?  I see they only threw 2 passes in that game and both were incomplete.  I get that some teams run the ball almost exclusively, but at some point if that isn't working, are you capable of passing?  I think the score will be closer than during the season.  According to the Sags they are about 10 points apart.  Give GS the 1.45 points for being at home and it comes down to about an 8 to 9 point game.  Of course, that's all things being equal.  Looks like there will be some issues with the weather Friday night.  Even if it isn't raining/snowing during the game, the field will probably be wet from the previous 2 days of forecasted rain.  Seen games like that where there were zero turnovers.  Also seen games like that when there were 11 turnovers.  Should be a really good game.  I'll say the Patriots win out and move on.

Pass the ball????  Blasphemy!!!!!  Running the ball is religion in Lincoln City, didn't you know that?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

I haven't watched a game, but if I'm not mistaken, HH runs a flexbone offense (perhaps a double wing). Those type of offenses are never going to throw the ball much. As you pointed out, as we get deeper into the playoffs and the weather gets worse, it only helps them. 

Edited by vicvinegar

1 hour ago, itiswhatitis said:

Not likely at Jack Jewell stadium ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patriot 74 said:

Pass the ball????  Blasphemy!!!!!  Running the ball is religion in Lincoln City, didn't you know that?  

This never gets old haha. I’m sure HH is capable of passing the ball. They have passed vs other teams but we all know they certainly don’t need to.  

one of you HH fans said it well already this year “HH is a very balanced team in that they will get the ball to 4,5,6 different guys and all of them have run the ball very well. It’s no single player effort in the rushing attack” (paraphrased)